Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Skitarii Transport Teaser

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Baron Sebas

Baron Sebas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts
  • Faction: Crons, Admech, Dark Angels

I guess this will seal the deal for me and force me to go Admech this ETL. (besides my 2 imperial knights i aquired recently)

Dark angels | Necrons (w.i.p.) | Adeptus Mechanicus (w.i.P)

ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Necron

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

Limo walker just to make the genestealer cultists really mad lol

• Oxydo and Sarges like this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,821 posts

Hopefully they also finally release rules for the Mechanicum range in 40K! If the main studio are doing it, it makes sense that they bring it into line with a substantial changing of the mechanicus rules a transport will entail. 

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,142 posts
Just getting back into my Ad Mech, this is great news!

Hoping for something rounded that can transport the coggers and then support them once unloaded with Data-tethers and the like!

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 816 posts
While this is great news indeed, FW already offer a very good transport option. Bring the full Mechanicum catalogue along please!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

As much as I like the idea of a Skitarii transport ... I can see the AdMech player in my group just take another Onager or more Skitarii or both depending on the pointcost. sweat.gif

The best use would probably get Electropriests out of it which would be awesome since I love the models and the fluff and it's a shame that you see them so rarely on the board. 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

As much as I like the idea of a Skitarii transport ... I can see the AdMech player in my group just take another Onager or more Skitarii or both depending on the pointcost. sweat.gif

The best use would probably get Electropriests out of it which would be awesome since I love the models and the fluff and it's a shame that you see them so rarely on the board. 

Well, I'd argue that you rarely see them on the table since the actual models are pretty expensive and they're, let's say divisive, in aesthetic. The rules for them aren't perhaps the greatest but they're certainly not bad.

If the transport ends up being a M12-14" skimmer with a transport capacity of at least 12 then I can see some real use for it. Both plasma vanguard squads and electropriests. Unfortunately it still wouldn't truly help the ruststalkers still, but they could become useable enough for friendly games then.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

Considering our infantry is still on the squishy side, any transport would be better than footslogging. If our transport is the rumor engine vehicle, then FLY would be possible, which would be great considering our lack of mobility.

As for the electro priests: So far, the video only mentioned skitarii, and electro priests are cult (not skitarii). Which makes sense, considering skitarii are the regular troops of a forgeworld. So don't be surprised if the circuitry wrestlers still only have access to termites.

• Battybattybats likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Djangomatic82

Djangomatic82

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I'm hoping that the transport will be an aircraft with a decent amount of firepower, maybe along the design lines of the repulsor or necron night scythe. If they did so, it would serve the dual function of transporting and providing the air support that admech are lacking currently.

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpgxpyOWpw.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

As for the electro priests: So far, the video only mentioned skitarii, and electro priests are cult (not skitarii). Which makes sense, considering skitarii are the regular troops of a forgeworld. So don't be surprised if the circuitry wrestlers still only have access to termites.

Yeah I thought about that but considering that cult doesn't have infantry aside of Electropriests and HQs, and Skitarii don't have HQs I do believe they would just go for a general AdMech infantry keyword instead of Skitarii keyword.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Faction: Relictors
Well the teaser would indicate more than just transports. Crossing my fingers for some forge world cross overs!

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

Well the teaser would indicate more than just transports. Crossing my fingers for some forge world cross overs!

What part of the teaser indicates that?

"Your prayers to the Omnissiah will be answered soon, Adept." after the transport request video. Means we get the transport. Everyone wanted one for ages, and on events they confirmed that they got the message - everyone from design to rules to FW guy has heard these requests, probably way more than once.

"We’ve got even more previews on the way soon, with all sorts of awesome new stuff for you." at the end of the article. Means they show "all sorts" of stuff next weekend, but that (at least to me) does not indicate in any way what kind of stuff is coming, so not necessarily anything for our guys.

We'll see next weekend, until then everything else is pure speculation.

• Panzer likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Faction: Relictors

What part of the teaser indicates that?

"Your prayers to the Omnissiah will be answered soon, Adept." after the transport request video. Means we get the transport. Everyone wanted one for ages, and on events they confirmed that they got the message - everyone from design to rules to FW guy has heard these requests, probably way more than once.

"We’ve got even more previews on the way soon, with all sorts of awesome new stuff for you." at the end of the article. Means they show "all sorts" of stuff next weekend, but that (at least to me) does not indicate in any way what kind of stuff is coming, so not necessarily anything for our guys.

We'll see next weekend, until then everything else is pure speculation.
You’re own quote contradicts your doubt.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

"We’ve got even more previews on the way soon" seems directed to everyone and not just Mech. 

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

"We’ve got even more previews on the way soon" seems directed to everyone and not just Mech. 

Particularly given that after addressing the AdMech Player, the article switched to directly addressing Iron Hands players and never switched back...

Yeah, "We've got even more previews on the way soon, with all sorts of awesome new stuff for you" was directed at everyone, including Age of Sigmar players. 

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,452 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

Well i'm glad we're getting a TRANSPORT wub.gif  you know in fun fluffy games(prob not tournaments or cheese fest games) even rust stalkers and close range shooters like vanguard will benefit from getting up closer without being wiped to half their numbers...and i'm hoping there will be some form of plasma gun on top of said transport hopefully devil.gif

Take my money now!!....

Cheers, Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,822 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I just hope it looks cool...
  • Magos Takatus, Battybattybats, matcap86 and 1 other like this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

I just hope it looks cool...

Dude, same. I just want more models added to the admech range. Yeah, it'd be great if it actually turns out to be good but new models means fewer duplicates in pure admech games, so as long as it looks good (which most of the lineup does I think) then I'll buy at least one.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Calling it now: the transport's design will harken back to the incredible White Dwarf deodorant tank.
  • Bryan Blaire, Arendious and Charlo like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,142 posts

Calling it now: the transport's design will harken back to the incredible White Dwarf deodorant tank.

Considering what we've seen, if the engine is true I think you're right and that's very exciting.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,545 posts

Brilliant, it will breathe fresh air into people's armies. *ducks the rotten fruit and leaps out of the room cackling in binary*

• Burni, Battybattybats and Canadian_F_H like this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,277 posts

Any of the cool FW AdMech transports not given 40k rules yet?

we_badge_ezra.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,821 posts

No mech units except for the secutarii and termites have 40k rules I believe.

Edited by Petitioner's City, 06 May 2019 - 05:58 PM.

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,452 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

Any of the cool  warped and expensive FW AdMech transports not given 40k rules yet?

Fixed laugh.png

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,277 posts

No mech units except for the secutarii and termites have 40k rules I believe.

I'll take a bet that it'll be rules for FW stuff then.

• RedFox likes this

we_badge_ezra.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users