Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Skitarii Transport Teaser

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

utilityzero

utilityzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Pain

I think people are confusing exactly what 40k Admech is, they do not develop, create or EVEN tinker. All of that is heresy with the only forgeworld that has tinkered with anything being Stygies VIII and they are currently down the barrel of multiple Deathwatch investigations/purges.

The Admech of 40k would rather fall back on a 20th century hovercraft that was lost in the back of an STC than ever replace the destroyed Plamsa coil of a Grav tank that they no longer have the STC plans for. The hovercraft is perfectly inline for the story of 40k Admech, we do not have the beautiful high tech plans and vehicles of 30k where they still developed and did science. If you replaced something in a tank or even duck taped a shield generator to save a Hive world you would be burned alive as a heretic.

The last time I read of Admech creating something from nothing was from the The Beast Arises in early 30k when The Priest Dominus strapped his crashed ship's main Plasma Cannon to the destroyed but repaired tracks of a command carrier.

Were in 40k people, A spanner and Duck tape will get you shot and this is why there is no over arching theme to our army. We get what the STC says we get, no deviation, no tinkering here or there. If the only thing the database says it has is a rubber dingy and a grenade, we get a rubber dingy and a grenade.

I don't entirely agree with this as 40k fluff is never entirely consistent. For every story of someone being persecuted for tech heresy I can probably find one of someone getting away with it. The only thing they had been consistent about up to this point was the declining tech base.

Also STC tech was the height of human accomplishment, this is not that. It's dumb by our standards let alone theirs.
  • Fulkes and Panzer like this
1% of people know that answer to, "What's the F.T.W. stand for?" You're not one of them.
8% of teenagers dont listen to rap and 2% havnt tried pot OR drinking... and an even smaller percentage of people actually feel the need to bolster their own self-esteem by putting a spin on being rhythmicly challenged and having no social life.
100% of your base are belong to us.
50% of marines apparently get lost in the warp. If only the guy who came up with that plot had gotten lost in the warp first.

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

People are often missing contexts in those case.

Sure, the bottom of the pyramid Techpriest will be purged or blow himself up if he tinkers too far with technology and try to innovate, but the Magos and Archmagos at the top are often doing it. Cawl is not the one shining exception that can produce 10 new things at a whim. The other high rank Techpriests do too.

But keep also in mind that the Adeptus Mechanicus is an ally of Terra, not completely part of the Imperium. They are not sharing all their toys.

+++ Knowledge is Power. Guard it Well +++

• Battybattybats, Shinespider, Panzer and 1 other like this

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

We already had a separate discussion about the whole innovation thing - maybe we should stick to the new models here.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

autek mor

autek mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

so weird that i can't rate it, i just hope its undercosted and doesn't get any nerfs for at least 12 months.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,050 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

The model simply stands on the ground, right? There is no flying/floating stand?

That would be a bit weird; to have expensive grave plates touching the ground.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Finkmilkana

Finkmilkana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts

The model simply stands on the ground, right? There is no flying/floating stand?

I mean, the model obviously touches the ground, but the vehicle it represents would hover something like an inch above ground, never touching it. Though either way, we don’t know yet if it’s anti grav or a literal hovercraft.

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
I was watching a Podcast called Signals, and the host suggested that the tank version of the transport also has a transport capacity, although reduced.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Not sure how as there is no boarding ramp then..?

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,073 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I was watching a Podcast called Signals, and the host suggested that the tank version of the transport also has a transport capacity, although reduced.

Maybe they were confusing it with the Repulsor tank variant, which it mentions has a modest transport capacity. 

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,545 posts

Perhaps they deploy via the torpedo tubes?

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
There might be a hatch on the other side?

They were definitely discussing the AdMech transport. I'm surprised but also hopeful it's true.

Grand Master Laertes

Grand Master Laertes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 571 posts
  • Faction: Incaladion Adeptus Mechanicus

Also, isn't it strange that our new transport has no oval base, while all the other recently released vehicles have?

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,982 posts

Also, isn't it strange that our new transport has no oval base, while all the other recently released vehicles have?

Only small vehicles have the base. The Repulsor gets one because it's supposed to be hovering above the ground, but that model is too big for the normal small flying stand.

This new transport however isn't small, nor is it supposed to be floating

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

Only small vehicles have the base. The Repulsor gets one because it's supposed to be hovering above the ground, but that model is too big for the normal small flying stand.

This new transport however isn't small, nor is it supposed to be floating

And for other vehicles, like the ork buggys, the outline could be a bit...debatable...when it comes to measuring CC. A base makes it clear where it begins and ends. Our new vehicle has a clear outline comparable to a base, so that is not an issue.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,073 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

They were definitely discussing the AdMech transport. I'm surprised but also hopeful it's true.

They might have been, but they could have got that detail mixed up with the repulsor variant - they’re right next to each other on the warhammer community site.

There was no mention of the AdMech tank variant having transport capacity in the seminar or in the article. And there’s no access points on the model when it’s built as the tank.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts

Perhaps they deploy via the torpedo tubes?

Give this Priest the fabricator keys they are onto something!

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,347 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

I think people are confusing exactly what 40k Admech is, they do not develop, create or EVEN tinker. All of that is heresy with the only forgeworld that has tinkered with anything being Stygies VIII and they are currently down the barrel of multiple Deathwatch investigations/purges.

The Admech of 40k would rather fall back on a 20th century hovercraft that was lost in the back of an STC than ever replace the destroyed Plamsa coil of a Grav tank that they no longer have the STC plans for. The hovercraft is perfectly inline for the story of 40k Admech, we do not have the beautiful high tech plans and vehicles of 30k where they still developed and did science. If you replaced something in a tank or even duck taped a shield generator to save a Hive world you would be burned alive as a heretic.

The last time I read of Admech creating something from nothing was from the The Beast Arises in early 30k when The Priest Dominus strapped his crashed ship's main Plasma Cannon to the destroyed but repaired tracks of a command carrier.

Were in 40k people, A spanner and Duck tape will get you shot and this is why there is no over arching theme to our army.  We get what the STC says we get, no deviation, no tinkering here or there. If the only thing the database says it has is a rubber dingy and a grenade, we get a rubber dingy and a grenade.

Meanwhile Marines are duct taping weapons to their transports to make new transports patterns and causing angry binary screeching from the Ad Mech....

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,347 posts

I mean, the model obviously touches the ground, but the vehicle it represents would hover something like an inch above ground, never touching it. Though either way, we don’t know yet if it’s anti grav or a literal hovercraft.

The lack of a stand means it's probably an actual hovercraft. The skirt of those has to touch to ground to work.

• Mechanicus Tech-Support likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts

First person to model the base as a wave with this on top surfing gets a cookie.

I am just hoping the tank maybe fast attack instead of heavy which is a little crowded for us.

• Oxydo likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,347 posts

First person to model the base as a wave with this on top surfing gets a cookie.

I am just hoping the tank maybe fast attack instead of heavy which is a little crowded for us.

I could see some water effects basing being popular, but no one really plays with water terrain on their boards since the rules are pretty bad about supporting such things.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

They might have been, but they could have got that detail mixed up with the repulsor variant - they’re right next to each other on the warhammer community site.

There was no mention of the AdMech tank variant having transport capacity in the seminar or in the article. And there’s no access points on the model when it’s built as the tank.

I just watched/heard that episode. Reece made that statement as an off-the-cuff observation while they were scrolling through the WarhammerFest pictures and he even qualified it with "IF I remember correctly... (it has some transport capacity)." I'd say it's completely possible he was mistakenly attributing the Executioner's "modest transport capacity" to the Disintegrator. Remember, it's probably been several months since he saw the rules and they likely came through the playtest process about the same time.

Edited by Lord Nord, 16 May 2019 - 06:25 PM.

• Battybattybats and Orange Knight like this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

lancerusso

lancerusso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
  • Faction: Ryza Skitarii Rd Patrol
I was hoping the Skitarii would get a transport where they are packed in on skewers like a chicken rotisserie ala droid transports from phantom menace.

I'm sure I recall the Skitariius novel talking about a drop ship where skitarii were stowed like this for maximal packing.

This is cool too though. The whole oldtech/hitech vibe is great.

But also, that constant 'VOOOOOOM' noise these things will be emitting is as holy as noospheric chanting.
  • Jack of the Pelt, Gederas and Preliminary Bombardment like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users