Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Repulsor Variants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,485 posts
Is the new variant confirmed to have any or limited transport capability? It's got all the doors still so, one would assume so? Still not at my regular station so apologies if I missed it

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,049 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Is the new variant confirmed to have any or limited transport capability? It's got all the doors still so, one would assume so? Still not at my regular station so apologies if I missed it

Says that it's more limited than the standard Repulsor.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,538 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

An actual tank destroyer version with Twinned Mega lascannons centreline in the hull and no Turret would be hawt :) 

But yeah a Whispercutter would be better!

• Dracos, FlamingDeth and Lord Raven 19 like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

From the live blog:

"And, just in case anyone survives, the Repulsor Executioner has a modest transport capacity, allowing you to disgorge a squad of Primaris Space Marines to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing."

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,103 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

I was excited until I read it had a transpot capacity. It will be costed to a degree I dislike upwards of what it needed to be otherwise. Oh well. Still looks cool and I do like the weapons.

• Dracos likes this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts
To me it all comes down to points and ability to do its job.

If it comes in sub 350(realistically sub 300) and can reliability take out heavy vehicles (ie knights) it’s worth it. More then likely tho is it’ll be 400 points fully kitted and all its anti vehicle weapons will be tied up in swingy d6 rolls (d6 shots doing d6 damage) that it’ll have no consistency.

As transports they leave me with a meh feel. It’s more a tacked on concept then the repulsors primary function.

I like the look of the new variant. The Orky application of put a gun on every surface at least makes more sense on a “tank” version.

Hopefully this will be leading into the next wave of primaris marines and C:SM v2.
  • Noserenda likes this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts

Oh my god can we please for the love of the emperor get a proper main battle tank and a proper transport instead of all these “let’s do both at the cost of more points!”

If they ever do give Primaris a true battle tank it’s going to need even more guns now!!!

Is that a bad thing?

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 943 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

The laser destroyer variant won't make any sense with a transport ability. To be a reliable anti-tank, we're going to want it to be 48"+ away so whatever it's transporting won't shoot that far "to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing". I can see the idea of having a small intercessor squad as a point defence help but they won't be using the transport ability as they'll be outside to screen deepstrikers or chargers away. 

This was why I was fully for the Astraeus not having any transport room. Why would you need it when the macro accelerator is 72" range in the first place. A premium will be paid for the transport ability that you will use 1/10 times. 

Edited by Biscuittzz, 11 May 2019 - 04:05 PM.

• Dracos, Noserenda and Mr4Minutes like this

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 634 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists, Blood Angels

The laser destroyer variant won't make any sense with a transport ability. To be a reliable anti-tank, we're going to want it to be 48"+ away so whatever it's transporting won't shoot that far "to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing". I can see the idea of having a small intercessor squad as a point defence help but they won't be using the transport ability as they'll be outside to screen deepstrikers or chargers away. 

This was why I was fully for the Astraeus not having any transport room. Why would you need it when the macro accelerator is 72" range in the first place. A premium will be paid for the transport ability that you will use 1/10 times. 

Which is the issue Dracos points out.

gallery_48988_15465_10130.png gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts
Upgunned repulsor... Clearly more guns was the answer.

Primaris for me need mobility and LR, reliable AT.

For chaos I can get 4 lascannons for 176 points on infantry that are mobile.

Having the repulsor as the main source as AT doesn't reduce the issues primaris have. They cope with single big things but alone, they cannot cope with hordes of armour.

Also shifting a rubbish plasma weapon to a highly pointed chassis doesn't make the weapon any better.

Primaris "big guns" need riptide index to codex treatment. 2 damage heavy onslaught Gatlings could be a start...
  • Trevak Dal and MARK0SIAN like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

Was hoping for turret-less variant, with 10 primaris capacity.

They don't hold 10 primaris Marines?

The Repulsor model looks like it was designed with 7th edition in mind. And what's with all the Purple Prose Bolter guns on a space marine vehicle? Call that stuff Bolters with rapid number of shots they have and be done with it.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 11 May 2019 - 05:35 PM.

• Dracos likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts

To me it all comes down to points and ability to do its job.

If it comes in sub 350(realistically sub 300) and can reliability take out heavy vehicles (ie knights) it’s worth it. More then likely tho is it’ll be 400 points fully kitted and all its anti vehicle weapons will be tied up in swingy d6 rolls (d6 shots doing d6 damage) that it’ll have no consistency.

As transports they leave me with a meh feel. It’s more a tacked on concept then the repulsors primary function.

I like the look of the new variant. The Orky application of put a gun on every surface at least makes more sense on a “tank” version.

Hopefully this will be leading into the next wave of primaris marines and C:SM v2.

I absolutely agree that it will be the points that make or break this model but I think you might be setting the bar a little high in expecting a < 300 point model to reliably take out ones that can cost double that.

However I definitely think you’re right in expecting the weapons and damage to have the usual inconsistent rolls mechanic. I’m hoping they at least follow a similar example of things like the neutron lasers on dunecrawlers which treat damage rolls of 1 or 2 as a minimum of 3.
  • Mr4Minutes likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Points aren’t really relevant to model reveal.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 943 posts

Yes? My point is agreeing with him.

• Dracos likes this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,177 posts
I'm oddly okay with it. still strikes me as a 40k Bradley but it's fine.

With that said, my primaris project is way too far in the future for me to think about buying.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Hmmm I'd prefer my MBT to have a lower profile, but I'll still get a couple to compliment my army.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

Having the repulsor as the main source as AT doesn't reduce the issues primaris have. They cope with single big things but alone, they cannot cope with hordes of armour.

Also shifting a rubbish plasma weapon to a highly pointed chassis doesn't make the weapon any better.

Primaris "big guns" need riptide index to codex treatment. 2 damage heavy onslaught Gatlings could be a start...

I disagree - that weapon isn't rubbish. It's almost identical to a twin Las. Less range, more AP, but it's otherwise mathematically identical. The only problem was it used to be on a model that gets hit by two hit penalties simultaneously - movement and degradation. Half of that is gone here. I think it will be worth trying it.
  • Dracos likes this

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 634 posts

Yes? My point is agreeing with him.

*2nd try*

My post was in agreement. Some members find that the repulsor a passable unit and infer that the new tank will be as well, good for them but the unit is a jumbled mess.

P.s main gun looks like legos :P

Spoiler

Edited by Silas7, 11 May 2019 - 06:00 PM.

• Biscuittzz likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 943 posts

Ahhh I see, sorry for the confusion.

My first thought was if you would replace the heavy onslaught cannon with another laser destroyer to make it double barrelled, you'd get a grav version of the apocalypse tank from red alert 2.

• Magos Takatus, Noserenda and robofish7591 like this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

My first thought was if you would replace the heavy onslaught cannon with another laser destroyer to make it double barrelled, you'd get a grav version of the apocalypse tank from red alert 2.

Courtesy of Gael Knight over on dakkadakka. It looks a million times better

• Ranulf, Dracos, Noserenda and 15 others like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts

I disagree - that weapon isn't rubbish. It's almost identical to a twin Las. Less range, more AP, but it's otherwise mathematically identical. The only problem was it used to be on a model that gets hit by two hit penalties simultaneously - movement and degradation. Half of that is gone here. I think it will be worth trying it.

D6 shots is too random and 2 damage is too low. Even if I'm losing the penalty to hit for moving. I'd wager that the mammoth lascannon will be far better. Admittedly it'll probably be higher points but should kick like a mule.

I'd take the las talon over the plasma any day.

But, that's just my view, far from fact :)
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 634 posts

D6 shots is too random and 2 damage is too low. Even if I'm losing the penalty to hit for moving. I'd wager that the mammoth lascannon will be far better. Admittedly it'll probably be higher points but should kick like a mule.

I'd take the las talon over the plasma any day.

But, that's just my view, far from fact smile.png

Let's just hope it's not Vanquisher syndrome all over again.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Courtesy of Gael Knight over on dakkadakka. It looks a million times better

Apocalypse ready
  • Magos Takatus and Biscuittzz like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Ughh.

I s really hoping for a new hull

But this confirms to mass that the repulsor is the rhino/predator replacement

I'm not against that conceptually since it rescales Marine transports yo match regular scale and I like the Grav look.

My sticking point is that without ways to buff it with Chapter Tactics it's hard to employ large expensive models effectively.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,379 posts
I get the secondary solid shot gun as a rangefinder bit of fluff design but TWO heavy onslaught gatling cannons would have been cool as heck

twin heavy laser destroyers would also rock

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users