Amazon and Audible special offers.

aa.logan

Rather than adding to the ‘ebooks are cheap now!’ And ‘what books should I put in my ears?’ threads, why not collect the (seemingly UK-only) periodic BL books in sales in a single thread?

Today, ADB’s Talon of Horus is Audible’s Daily Deal- only £2.99.

It’s (obviously) a really good book, and Jonathan Keeble does a great job narrating it. I’ve bought the audio twice, in fact- one through the BL Audio app and one in a previous Audible sale.

Rather than adding to the ‘ebooks are cheap now!’ And ‘what books should I put in my ears?’ threads, why not collect the (seemingly UK-only) periodic BL books in sales in a single thread?

Today, ADB’s Talon of Horus is Audible’s Daily Deal- only £2.99.

It’s (obviously) a really good book, and Jonathan Keeble does a great job narrating it. I’ve bought the audio twice, in fact- one through the BL Audio app and one in a previous Audible sale.

I also bought it through the app but it’s disappeared from the apps library. It was the only book I ever bought through the app. With no proof of purchase I doubt BL will do anything about it. But I must send off an email about that. I had forgotten about that until I read your post!

Loads in the UK member’s 2-for-1 sale running until the 29th, and loads of them are great

Dark Imperium

False Gods

Galaxy in Flames

Realmslayer

The Flight of the Eisenstein

Plague War

Fulgrim (HH, not Primarchs)

The Talon of Horus

The Solar War

Descent of Angels

Cain: For the Emperor

Devastation of Baal

Mechanicum

The Buried Dagger

The Magos

Spear of the Emperor

Battle for the Abyss

Black Legion

Ravenor Rogue

I’m not on commission, honest, but it’s worth signing up just to get this offer...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! It’s me again, and I’m certainly not Audible’s shill.

They’re revisiting previous daily deals in the UK this week, relisting them in bulk for 24 hours for £1.99.

Today sees Horus Rising (again) and Attack of the Necron.

I got the latter for 99p, I think and I’d have been more than happy to pay double that. It’s a nicely told story that maintains the feel of 40k and the plot is no more paper thin than in many mainline BL novels. Tennant does an amazing good reading of it, demonstrating that he’s an excellent actor. Plus, as it’s an audio it’s probably less obvious to others that you’re not only reading a book about toy soldiers, you’re reading a book about toy soldiers specifically written for pre-teen readers...

(Not, BL, I know, but the sale also features the decent-but-a-bit-hack debut non-IP novel by a writer known for his work with Blood Angels)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At least US gets some pretty decent sale events. This is our pre-Christmas/Black Friday sale on Audible.de.... (might have to confirm that you do not want to be automatically redirected to your local version). For me, who only reads or listens in English unless it's a German original, 't is the season of major frustration at every major retailer.

UK member sale of 20% off seems to have started without fanfare for the next 20 days. I’ve picked up a few shorts which otherwise don’t seem great value for money to me.

The slightly inconsistent pricing means that House of Night and Chain is £4.15 at the moment; if I hadn’t already bought the ebook, I’d have been all over that too...

Edit- reader, I bought it. But not Swallow’s Hammer and Anvil, despite it being only £5.19.

Edited by aa.logan

• 2 weeks later...

The Audible uk £3 Boxing Day sale includes-

Horus Rising

Dark Imperium

Fulgrim (HH, not Primarchs)

Descent of Angels

Legion

Hereticus

Black Legion

The Solar War

Amazon UK also have The Flight of the Eisenstein ebook for £1.99 as a ‘limited time deal’

Edited by aa.logan

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon UK have a bunch of good limited time BL ebook deals right now; all of the below are £1.99

Gaunt’s Ghosts Founding Omnibus

Gaunt’s Ghosts Victory Part 1 Omnibus

Cain: Hero of the Imperium Omnibus

Cain: Saviour of the Imperium Omnibus

The Carrion Throne

The Warmaster

Black Legion

And at a reduced price of £3.99 there is Kyme’s Rebirth and French’s Tallarn: Ironclad.

• 2 weeks later...