Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jain Zar revealed! [Psychic Awakening]

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,111 posts

Having seen that Swooping Hawk power in action against a Guard army in 3rd, hell no. An Exarch can create havoc with it, Jain Zar would become a destroyer of worlds.

• Aramis K likes this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

rather apt for a servent of the new god of the dead (aeladri fashion) :)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,111 posts

Maybe. But rules =/= lore and that would be incredibly broken.

• TheCustodian likes this

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,323 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I can't say i like this new model. It just doesn't work for me and I'm not sure i can explain why. Mainly because i can't tell what it is that's turning me off to it. Just something about it...i preferred the old one more and the Lelith to Jain Zar conversion even more.

Why does her armor have a belly button?
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,186 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
I generally like it, but the arms are too thick for my taste.
Would definitely buy it if I was an Aeldari player though.
  • Shield-Captain likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts
Damn these new models are over the top... I like this one though, especially photoshopped with purple details.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,257 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

For the same reason Sanguinary Guard armour has nipples.

• Master Commander Ajax and Karhedron like this

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,323 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

For the same reason Sanguinary Guard armour has nipples.
Because Joel Schumacher designed them around the time he was making Batman films?

Edited by Wulf Vengis, 24 September 2019 - 06:56 PM.

• Progenitor and Quixus like this
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Faction: Tyranids

I like it but don't love the model, may end up buying it one day though if GW force my hand in to starting an Eldar army by releasing the rest of the Aspect Warriors in plastic too. 

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,399 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Yeah, it's a big if for me - I've wanted an Eldar force for a while but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than a single Aspect Warrior & Phoenix Lord release to prompt that given the incredible age of the range. They need a big wave like CSM received. Still, it's a start. But hopefully they've either 1) got other aspects already on the boiler or 2) sales for this are high enough to convince them to invest the time needed to bring the rest of the army up to parity. Models like Jain Zar certainly indicate that what we receive is going to be of high quality in any case.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 24 September 2019 - 07:54 PM.

bRxSYDV.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,542 posts

I hope the rest of the Phoenix Lords will be on the way sometime later down the line as I'd like to collect them if they impress as much as this one has done. I've got a Forge World Avatar of Khaine and a set of Phoenix Lords positioned around him would make a nice display.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

The Phoenix Lords are off different ages so it's possible that some of them might have older looking armour although I think Jain Zar is one of the older ones. With Asurmen being the oldest.

Second oldest, IIRC.  First trained by Asurmen. 

• Redcomet likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts

The Phoenix Lords are off different ages so it's possible that some of them might have older looking armour although I think Jain Zar is one of the older ones. With Asurmen being the oldest.

Second oldest, IIRC. First trained by Asurmen.

Correct.

Also the Eldar had pretty much stagnated as a culture at the time of the fall, and peaked tech wise, so armor worn in the 41st millennium wouldn’t look all that different from 10-15k years ago.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,357 posts

there's already a plastic kit for Dire Avengers, isn't there? it's not the greatest, but it does make adding Asurmen without a complimentary squad box a freebie.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,049 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Also the Eldar had pretty much stagnated as a culture at the time of the fall, and peaked tech wise, so armor worn in the 41st millennium wouldn’t look all that different from 10-15k years ago.

That statement doesn't make much sense - if it held true, then the Halequins, Dark Eldar, and Craftworld Eldar would all wear armor that looks extremely similar, if not identical.

The appearance and aesthetic choices behind the three branches of Eldar clearly diverged after the Fall when they went to follow their own paths, so while their technological variance may be limited, the look of the armor is going to be different.

It seems like it would hold true that since the Visarch bears "armour of ancient Aeldari design, and incorporating elements of craftworld, Commorrite and Harlequin aesthetics", other extremely old Eldar armor might incorporate similar blended features. Now, Jain Zar's armor does do that some already (though that was supposed to be more due to her serving as a Wych than ancient armor), but I was just hoping they might push it a bit more - say 50% ancient Aeldari blended armor, 50% more Craftworld only appearing. Right now I'd say she's at a 15-20% DE/80-85% CE split. Really I guess the amount of blend in ancient armors would depend on just how quickly the various branches' appearance choices diverged, the faster it happened, the less blended ancient armors from slightly after the fall are going to be.

It's still a nice model (even if I will have to fill in a belly button).
  • Lexington, Doctor Perils and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

well the 'quinns dont ware armour.... and the dark cousins have gone their own path.  So lore wise the craftworlds should have the armour closest to pre-fall.

Also there are similarities between Jain Zars armour and that of the wytch cults....

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts
Purple pics have made it hard for me to resist

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,874 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The craftworlds aren't examples of the Eldar's highest point, they were a faction who fled the main empire after the Exodites.

The Vysarch's armour, a mixture of Eldar and Dark Eldar design is probably what the Eldar warrior used to look like...

-~Ishagu~-

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,695 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The craftworlds aren't examples of the Eldar's highest point, they were a faction who fled the main empire after the Exodites.

The Vysarch's armour, a mixture of Eldar and Dark Eldar design is probably what the Eldar warrior used to look like...

Wraithguard are what an Eldar warrior used to look like, the Visarch's armour is probably ceremonial.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,073 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Wraithguard are what an Eldar warrior used to look like, the Visarch's armour is probably ceremonial.

The Visarch’s armour was specifically said to be like ancient Eldar armour in the concept art for the model.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

I think what he's saying is the vast majority of pre-fall eldar armed forces were robots, which looked like latter day wraith constructs.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
What they should really do is make a third Eldar troop type that’s a throwback to 1st/2nd Edition Eldar with the flex mesh and lasrifles as a Corsair/Ynnari basic troop. That way you could make Eldar that look similar to the PreFall, Dark Eldar Raiders, and Craftworld Guardians, then mix all the kits together to give your army a unique look.
  • fire golem and Juggernut like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts
So what do we think the odds of new guardians is?
  • Redcomet likes this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

ORKTOBER FLASHBACKS

• RipOffProductions likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts

Zero percent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users