Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jain Zar revealed! [Psychic Awakening]

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

So what do we think the odds of new guardians is?

Consider it a zero until further notice.

And by "further notice", I mean "definitely not now" and "maybe at some point after Psychic Awakening but all Finecast stuff has preference".

Edited by DeadFingers, 25 September 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Godspear

Godspear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts
  • Faction: Godspear Crusade

Based on the Slaanesh storyline here, I'd really like to see Jain Zar's nemesis be outed as Lucius, followed by a new Lucius model, a Fulgrim release, and an Emperor's Children codex.  Drazhar's cool and all, but he's also a filthy xenos subhuman animal.

• Juggernut and MegaVolt87 like this

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

followed by a new Lucius model, a Fulgrim release, and an Emperor's Children codex

That is some excess right there.

• Godspear and Quixus like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

Based on the Slaanesh storyline here, I'd really like to see Jain Zar's nemesis be outed as Lucius, followed by a new Lucius model, a Fulgrim release, and an Emperor's Children codex.  Drazhar's cool and all, but he's also a filthy xenos subhuman animal.

Well, sadly for us, it's 100% Drazhar being Jain Zar's nemesis.

Lucius on the other hand, has a date with Lelith Hesperax. And by date I mean they're gonna slice the everliving crud out of each other.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

Based on the Slaanesh storyline here, I'd really like to see Jain Zar's nemesis be outed as Lucius, followed by a new Lucius model, a Fulgrim release, and an Emperor's Children codex. Drazhar's cool and all, but he's also a filthy xenos subhuman animal.

Lucius on the other hand, has a date with Lelith Hesperax. And by date I mean they're gonna slice the everliving crud out of each other.

Then we'll finally get the first ever female space marine technically lol.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,679 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Based on the Slaanesh storyline here, I'd really like to see Jain Zar's nemesis be outed as Lucius, followed by a new Lucius model, a Fulgrim release, and an Emperor's Children codex. Drazhar's cool and all, but he's also a filthy xenos subhuman animal.

I think Lucious is nonbinary at this point, lol
  • coldfyre likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Lets keep that can of.... something, unopened.

Also, are Howling banshees still S3? I remember everyone here taking the halberd/spear for that sweet +2S everytime

• OgreOnAStick likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Yup, it’s awesome. Jess Goodwins designs really hold up well.
  • Karhedron likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 547 posts

His friends call him Luscious Lou

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
If we get any slaanesh (probably not) it would probably just be the new deamons that came out. They seem more interested in the eldar than emperors children are. The best couple vs jain and drazher lol.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,221 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Despite Slaanesh playing a big role in Eldar Lore, the current purview of the Topic, right now, is the Models revealed as being part of Psychic Awakening (1) as well as the eponymous book their rules are likely to be found within.

So lets keep discussion centered around that.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

ORKTOBER FLASHBACKS

Yeah, this,

Frankly,  I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than a new Jain Zar, Drakhar, Incubi, and Howling Banshees.  With some new rules for aspect warriors and some new lore in the Phoenix Arising book.  Anything else would be gravy, but not expecting it.

• Magos Takatus and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,882 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
4 new kits and new rules is pretty substantial as a release, in fairness.

-~Ishagu~-

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,893 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Two are characters though. I think GW is patting themselves on the back a bit much with mass releases, since like half are characters and primaris lieutenants vs unit boxes. teehee.gif

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,910 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Definitely need more plastic unit releases.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Marshal Loss, Quixus and 2 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,982 posts

Two are characters though. I think GW is patting themselves on the back a bit much with mass releases, since like half are characters and primaris lieutenants vs unit boxes. teehee.gif

More likely five kits actually.

Jain Zar, Drazhar (likely to be revealed next week), Howling Banshees, Howling Banshee Exarch (because you KNOW GW will make that a separate kit, or at least a special/unique sculpt for a clampack one like they did with the Plague Marines with the Champion and Icon Bearer), and Incubi.

Which means three are single characters. But yeah

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,401 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Howling Banshee Exarch (because you KNOW GW will make that a separate kit, or at least a special/unique sculpt for a clampack one like they did with the Plague Marines with the Champion and Icon Bearer)

I really doubt that. When describing the Exarch, they stated this

There’s another crucial element to the new Howling Banshees kit – check out this variant Exarch.

Seems certain to me that the Exarch will be in the base kit.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 26 September 2019 - 02:20 AM.

• Master Commander Ajax, Halandaar and Panzer like this

bRxSYDV.png

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,698 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Consider it a zero until further notice.

And by "further notice", I mean "definitely not now" and "maybe at some point after Psychic Awakening but all Finecast stuff has preference".

Storm Guardians are finecast.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts

Considering it is for 2 armies, it is pretty weak. How many kits have SM just gotten again?
  • Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,043 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Space Marines are the cash cow by a wide margin. GW is a business. 

GX82Dxy.png

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

Storm Guardians are finecast.

But regular Guardians and Black Guardians are plastic.

Maybe Eldar should stop naming so many different things "Guardians". :P

Edited by DeadFingers, 26 September 2019 - 07:26 AM.

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 393 posts

Other than the known incoming Drazhar it looks like there will be some sort of new vehicle model for DE, so that would be the only thing I would bet on seeing otherwise currently.  This is just going by GWs policy of no art of things that don't have models, you can see a vehicle that looks like a cross between a venom and a raider flying by.  At first I thought it was a reaper... but it doesn't match up hardly.  Its possible its artistic license but its pretty far off model.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

Other than the known incoming Drazhar it looks like there will be some sort of new vehicle model for DE, so that would be the only thing I would bet on seeing otherwise currently.  This is just going by GWs policy of no art of things that don't have models, you can see a vehicle that looks like a cross between a venom and a raider flying by.  At first I thought it was a reaper... but it doesn't match up hardly.  Its possible its artistic license but its pretty far off model.

This conversation has been had already, and my question remains:

Where's my Double-handed Flaming Mace of Doom then?

9s-5TVMXiUxxad4gsPeKBu33Kd_CEr3g3hU8Brn9

Consider the vehicle an artistic liberty by Igor Sid until something comes up that suggests more models will be happening.

• fire golem, Legionnaire of the VIIth and Panzer like this

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 393 posts

This conversation has been had already, and my question remains:

Where's my Double-handed Flaming Mace of Doom then?

9s-5TVMXiUxxad4gsPeKBu33Kd_CEr3g3hU8Brn9

Consider the vehicle an artistic liberty by Igor Sid until something comes up that suggests more models will be happening.

Bit dismissive in tone there.... but I'll assume you had good intentions.  I wasn't responding to anything in thread other than someone asking what you think we will see from this release.  As far as your example, to me and probably GW... there is a significant difference in a weapon a random guy is holding and an entire vehicle.  Besides no one is to say that there won't be a new chaos lord kit at some point with a hammer.  As I said... its possibly artistic liberty, but in response to the question, I think its a possible thing we see this release.

Also... really silly edit.

Edited by GrinNfool, 27 September 2019 - 03:45 AM.
Text style formatting such as "1" for "one" is not allowed at the B&C.

Mechanicus Tech-Support

Mechanicus Tech-Support

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: FW Lucius, Steel Confessors

I would say more than likely artistic liberty. The Admech forum had an entire thread for this exact reason, art not matching the model. In the end it was just that artistic liberty.

The discussion of the picture in question was I believe about a robot, troop (turned out to be a skitarii/ruststalker) and a flying/floating tech-priest.

• Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

[Forgeworld] Lucius & Friends [Steel Confessors] WIP Log: Access data-link: Praise be to the Omnissiah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users