Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BT rumors - Psychic Awakening Book 2?

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,695 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Primaris Black Templars are in White Dwarf quite often, but those aren't studio models so don't get in other publications.

Depending on the stratagems I do think that soup is back on the menu for the Black Templars, which is also what I thought of Salamanders, the doctrine can be ignored and you wont be losing much specially if you make a list with high strength/AP close combat units which dont benefit much from Doctrines in general. Good times ahead my dudes.

Top Marine list at Blood and Glory was a Iron Hands/Raven Guard combo beating out 3 pure iron hands lists in the top 10 so all doctrines can be ignored.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

Doesn't work against Vehicles. Sigh.

They want you to buy those repulsors for your anti tank.

Good thing BT has now access to devastators though.

i would prefer better options for melee instead of boring shooting.

Primaris Black Templars are in White Dwarf quite often, but those aren't studio models so don't get in other publications.

Depending on the stratagems I do think that soup is back on the menu for the Black Templars, which is also what I thought of Salamanders, the doctrine can be ignored and you wont be losing much specially if you make a list with high strength/AP close combat units which dont benefit much from Doctrines in general. Good times ahead my dudes.

Top Marine list at Blood and Glory was a Iron Hands/Raven Guard combo beating out 3 pure iron hands lists in the top 10 so all doctrines can be ignored.

as I said, it depends on the stratagems and relics...

Edited by Acebaur, 12 November 2019 - 07:33 PM.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,319 posts
Matt Hudson's Templars in WD beat anything the studio could do anyway imo. The studio are far too restricted in their colour schemes. Personally I feel like gw main don't 'get' why Templars are cool.

I think the new rules supporting mechanisation is quite thematic for Templars anyway. I always think of LR Crusaders unleashing ccw guys and these rules.do kind of go with that. I will just keep hoping for a chainsword primaris unit to make it work with.
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,695 posts

Matt Hudson's Templars in WD beat anything the studio could do anyway imo. The studio are far too restricted in their colour schemes. Personally I feel like gw main don't 'get' why Templars are cool.

Black Templars need kit bashing, 'eavy metal doesn't kit bash and Primaris are harder to kit bash. Its pretty simple really why there's no studio Black Templar army.

If they had the converted Primaris Black Templars from May's White Dwarf in those pics and then revealed the lack of an upgrade sprue the community would be livid.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 12 November 2019 - 08:53 PM.

• RedFox likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,647 posts

Black Templars need kit bashing, 'eavy metal doesn't kit bash and Primaris are harder to kit bash. Its pretty simple really why there's no studio Black Templar army.

If they had the converted Primaris Black Templars from May's White Dwarf in those pics and then revealed the lack of an upgrade sprue the community would be livid.
There are 'eavy metal kitbashes. The Terminator Sorcerer in the TS codex comes to mind.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,146 posts
I must admit, I don't like the studio army. BT tabards should, imo, be more white than dirty cream. The tanks are a bit boring too. But considering they have kept the studio army pretty tame, that's no reason not to paint even a single intercessor squad.

It's a shame, because I was really interested to see how they dealt with Phobos.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

I think Phobos is not a Templar thing. We have to wait until the real melee Primaris will released.

• Black Blow Fly and SufficientAnonymity like this

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Huh, according to that footnote, Black Templars actually hate psykers again, rather than “they love psykers, psykers are the best, but they just haven’t found any over the past ten-thousand years despite the fact that every other Chapter has a handful of them at all times.”

Also hoping that a CC focus on general will be a little more useful after 9th drops next year...

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,490 posts

We always hated them, and anyone who says otherwise is a filthy xeno witch loving heretic msn-wink.gif 

Edited by Reinhard, 13 November 2019 - 06:46 AM.

• Noserenda, Iron Father Ferrum and SickSix like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I think Phobos is not a Templar thing. We have to wait until the real melee Primaris will released.

They are though. If they were not you had no option to take them, just like it's the case with psykers.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts

Should be a neophyte thing.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

but Devastors is not "the" Black Templar Thing too - but I can Play them. It is not often used (because BT dont like that Kind of warfare)... and Phobos too... Its not the art of War what BT prefer.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,874 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Crusader strat is really excellent. Shame it only applies to that tank, would have been great on a Repulsor full of Reivers.

-~Ishagu~-

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,836 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Actually it wouldn't. The most powerful units popping out of a Crusader eclipse Reivers popping out of a Repulsor.

And the Crusader is the characterful choice of BT.

Anyhow... I'm actually really glad BT got quite a good update this way. They ARE NOT suited to being "just" an IF Supplement sub-paragraph.

Seeing this brings me a new wave of hope of characterful and fun updates for many armies now.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

but Devastors is not "the" Black Templar Thing too - but I can Play them. It is not often used (because BT dont like that Kind of warfare)... and Phobos too... Its not the art of War what BT prefer.

Just because they prefer other things it doesn't mean it's not a thing for them. Blood Angels also prefer Jump Packs and melee but that doesn't mean they don't use Tacticals, Devastators and so on.

• Karhedron likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,821 posts

Just because they prefer other things it doesn't mean it's not a thing for them. Blood Angels also prefer Jump Packs and melee but that doesn't mean they don't use Tacticals, Devastators and so on.

And all things are retconned over time; the 3.5/4th edition was great, but it also was a restrictive approach to chapter and legion design - the BTs changed from a relatively freeform "codex" chapter to something restricted in the same way the chapter approved/3.5 chaos legions were, with only certain units and vehicles allowed, with others discounted from the list. Since that time, however, the legions have moved beyond that (in part through the painful process that was the 5th edition codex), but today they are freeform again with specific characterful elements - while, for certain players, the BTs cannot evolve or change, they must maintain that 3.5/4th vision of what is or isn't "Black Templar".

My favourite pieces of space marine art are still the BT works of 3rd edition, be it the Blanche cover of 3rd or the single page army black and white painting of BTs en masse in the first 3rd edition Space Marine codex, with quite noticeable whirlwinds and Devs which of course the later army lists ni the Armageddon codex and then the BT codex removed - ie retconned that they would not be "Black Templar". But now we can have them again, and that's quite nice, just like how World Eaters can now again have Havocs or other things they lost for a while.

916Cl9bg8rL._SL1500_.jpg

Black-Templars.jpg

These images are so very evocative, showing that units don't remove that amazing (indeed pre-limited list) aesthetic of the Templars. They show how things that were present at a specific moment in time and then later moments in time said didn't belong to the chapter identity can now again really belong and fit the theme....

Edited by Petitioner's City, 14 November 2019 - 08:52 PM.

• Sandlemad and Panzer like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
I have to say I am really surprised that they didn't unveil at least one Primaris'd character for BT. Not even an upgrade sprue is more shocking. Interesting.
  • Doctor Perils and DranuTemplar like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts

Interesting is not the word I would go for lol

• Black Blow Fly and Sarges like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,679 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Might be a release down the line though together with a new primaris character or an upgraded old one, seems wierd to have BT as the only non-primaris chapter.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,142 posts

I have to say I am really surprised that they didn't unveil at least one Primaris'd character for BT. Not even an upgrade sprue is more shocking. Interesting.

They already have the *best* upgrade sprue.
  • Shinespider and Robbienw like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,221 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
For content maybe but not quality. It's pretty lacking and only vaguely compatible with modern kits
  • Marshal Loss, Reinhard, redmapa and 2 others like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

Its actually still quite good.  You need to cut the tabs off the front plates to get them to fit marine back plates, but they fit fine if you do this.  The shoulder pads aren't the best however, the one in the deathwatch veterans set is preferable.  Most of the other bits are still nice.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,178 posts
Gravis captain with giant relic sword sounds cool
banana

DranuTemplar

DranuTemplar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
Ya the upgrade parts are low quality and more than half only work on the old mini-marines

Edited by DranuTemplar, 13 November 2019 - 02:41 PM.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts

The Crusader strat is really excellent.

Hardly. You still need to disembark before the crusader has moved, which means that at the beginning of your turn you need to be within 3+6+12 max from the unit you intend to charge (and more realistically within 18'). I doubt any decent player will ignore a LRC full of 16 crusaders within 18' of their troops and either move back or blast the thing open (in which case your surviving marines are then too far to charge).

No, this stratagem is situationally strong, against a careless opponent or if you have say 2 LRCs full and within range. But it's nothing decent competitive armies can't handle.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users