Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BT rumors - Psychic Awakening Book 2?

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
They would need an additional stratagem or special rule to move the tank then assault for it be decent
  • RedFox likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 816 posts

They would need an additional stratagem or special rule to move the tank then assault for it be decent

I think Kikasstou had a rumor about that
  • jeremy1391 and DranuTemplar like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

I think Kikasstou had a rumor about that

I had 2CP in memory for disembarking a crusadersquad from a moved LRC and then charging without overwatch and -1 to hit in melee.

Half of them is the new relvealed stratagem (and half of the costs). If we get another Stratagem for 1CP to disembark from a vehicle would be soooooo awesome.

Impulsor would be thaaaat great.  14" 3" + 6" + 2w6"(with reroll)

but maybe I should hold on my feelings (sadly i cannot hold back, dont blame me again GW)

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

There was a Rumor for a Stratagem that a unit is not allowed to leave Close combat. Now Chaos Night Lords get this Stratagem. It was the most powerful stratagem of all rumored ones - i hope we still get this.

• Triszin likes this

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,735 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Alright brothers, I have some news. 

Grimaldus knows 2 litanies plus the Litany of Hate and can recite 2 per turn. His Unmatched Zeal is still there and is now unmodified 6's (TH and PF everywhere rejoiced!) He can also Deny the Witch once per psychic phase. His crozius is now +2S -2AP 2D. Still 90 points, same stats and other gear as before. If he's your Warlord he must take the WLT that GW posted in our preview. Which means that he can do it twice

There are 8 Strats, 6 Relics, full WLT table and our other unique units all got rules buffs. 

That's all I can say for now. msn-wink.gif

• G8Keeper, Black Blow Fly, Vanger and 3 others like this
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
Curse you Ace, give us more!! ;)

Also, Grimy’s sounding boss.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,419 posts
Guess who is staying firmly in my lists then?

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

It's curious to me that he'd get such a huge buff with no change in points while Helbrecht just received a slight tune up. Sort of hoping Helbrecht gets a much better warlord trait or something to make up the difference. That, and a HEFTY points drop. 

Astral_Jackal

Astral_Jackal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion

Faith and Fury overviews are now starting to pop up on Youtube!

• Sete likes this
Show your mercy and he shall one day seek vengeance upon you for petty, imagined slight. Mercy is therefore a weakness; a crime wanting to be born.

Mercy I have long since expunged, from both myself and my legion.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts
Didnt I had a post here? Not impressed with the book in general after seeing the reviews.
BT rules are decent I suppose. Dont play competitive.

Edited by Sete, 16 November 2019 - 01:28 PM.

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
Play fluffy games only and they’re ok. Except for the Scouts strat. That’s... almost insulting.

Good luck competing with the other Chapters, though. At least the rules are thematic?

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,940 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Didnt I had a post here? Not impressed with the book in general after seeing the reviews.

Come on Sete, you were never going to like the book unless it came wrapped with a separate Black Templar codex.
  • Black Blow Fly, Sete and Brother Adelard like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
H-h-h-hold the :cuss up people.

Night Lords get a 1CP strat that stops all units from falling back if they’re within 1” of a particular NL unit.

Templars get a 2CP strat that stops a single enemy unit falling back, on a 2+.

I mean I know Templars fans have a reputation for griping on this forum, but God-Emperor GW do love to :cuss on us.

Lysere

Lysere

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,931 posts
  • Faction: Templar Order

Well until GW Erratas it we do seem to still get access to the Imperial Fist stuff as well as nothing in the rules prevents it. Still won't play with their Super Doctrine though because that would be too much, unless my opponent is a "That Guy."

ETL_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpg

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,940 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Overall these rules imho are actually good to amazing;
The Amazing:
Our Litanies. All of Them. Love them. Except for Liu one
Relics: Helm, Sword, 4+ IV, and double rolls for litanies
Advance and Charge + Shoot Pistols
Abhor is back baby

The Good:
EChampion got a strict upgrade
Grimaldus is bonkers and imho a must take
Helbrecht is not a must take but super viable option
No Retreat

Mediocre
Wound Bounce, need to plan on field to see if worthwhiled
MORE CONSOLIDATION, not bad just we have access to this elsewhere
Mortal wound on charge. Eh better warlord traits exist

The Bad
Crusaders no point reduction, lost FauxDevi for a mostly useless buff
Ceno’s still god but no 12” shock immune, still worth 6 points
golly gee Scout Strategam
LRCrusader Strat not bad just eh
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts

Come on Sete, you were never going to like the book unless it came wrapped with a separate Black Templar codex.

Not exactly. But no new artwork is a bummer, the fluff bit seems a bit short.
Wondering if it actually adds something new.

I would be okay with a release like this if it didnt felt like a filler for the factions present in the book.

Need to see the fluff rundown.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,142 posts
Emperor's Champion can do nasty things to Knights potentially.

Get him to S9 (I think) with Helbrect and some other buffs and most Knights are Characters. He'll certainly cleave some wounds off with his full rerolls.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,981 posts

H-h-h-hold the censored.gif up people.

Night Lords get a 1CP strat that stops all units from falling back if they’re within 1” of a particular NL unit.

I mean I know Templars fans have a reputation for griping on this forum, but God-Emperor GW do love to censored.gif on us.

It's kind of funny. People complain about Imperial Marines being so much better than Chaos Marines.... But Chaos Marines (Night Lords specifically) now have two things that Imperial Marines have, but better (Claws of the Black Hunt & We Have Come For You = The Ebonclaws & that BT strat) :lol:

-Cackles in Bat-

• Charlo likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts
CHAPTER LITANIES

White Scars: Strike off the head
Chapter units within 6" can reroll wound rolls for melee weapons.

Iron Hands: Medusan Fervour
Chapter units within 6" get +1S

Imperial Fists: Fortress of Resolve
Chapter units within 6" overwatch on 5s and 6s

Ultramarines: March for Macragge
Chapter units within 6" can reroll any or all rolls of 1 for charges and advance moves

Salamanders: Selfless Saviours
Chapter units within 6" can performe heroic interventions as if they were characters

Raven Guard: Swift as the Raven
Select one chapter unit within 6". It can shoot after falling back. If it can FLY, it can charge
  • Jacques Corbin likes this

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

H-h-h-hold the censored.gif up people.

I mean I know Templars fans have a reputation for griping on this forum, but God-Emperor GW do love to censored.gif on us.

It's kind of funny. People complain about Imperial Marines being so much better than Chaos Marines.... But Chaos Marines (Night Lords specifically) now have two things that Imperial Marines have, but better (Claws of the Black Hunt & We Have Come For You = The Ebonclaws & that BT strat) laugh.png

-Cackles in Bat-

We also have new Daemon Claws that are arguably better than Claws of the Black Hunt!

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

I wouldn't honestly go around complaining that one faction of CSM has something better than loyalists at the moment.....

Anyway,seems all codex marines list just got (seriously) more pre-game CP heavy in a way or another

Edited by Fenriwolf, 16 November 2019 - 06:33 PM.

• Marshal Loss, Iron Father Ferrum, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 943 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Strange release for me. The new stuff BT got is so paltry that I can't see why they weren't in the IF supplement. Looks like they were just used as the Imperium faction to ensure players on this side bought the book. Compared to the well thought out stuff we got for RG, UM and Sallies which is fluffy yet powerful it looks like this was phoned in.

All the additions to advancing, charging, melee bonuses etc are good looking on paper but this is a shooting edition unfortunately. We'll see the real extent when people are trying to get Crusader squads in a single LRC across the table against a Tau/IH/IF/Eldar castle.

The only thing the book tells me is that BT are now considered much lower down the food chain by GW, no matter how loud "we had a codex in previous editions" is shouted.

• Sete and Aztek like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,003 posts
Whats more shocking is why the new Masters of the Chapter stuff is not on the Codex released 3 months ago.

Not going to mention anything about BT because its not "constructive".

Edited by Sete, 16 November 2019 - 07:00 PM.

• Brother Adelard and SufficientAnonymity like this

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,695 posts

If Crusader squads are really still 13/11 points a model then they're complete garbage and you should just take vanguard veterans or even flipping combat knife scouts instead. This feels more like the junk Blood Angels got in 8th ed a few months after Dark Angels and the marine codex got that free transport nonsense.

The only thing the book tells me is that BT are now considered much lower down the food chain by GW, no matter how loud "we had a codex in previous editions" is shouted.

Models precede rules. We got supplements because someone decided to do a primaris character for each first founding.

The first founding stuff in Faith and Fury seems pretty lackluster as well so BT aren't exactly screwed over on that front.

Unless the Imperial Fists supplement IS (or at some point WAS and they forget to make up for that) supposed to be legal alongside this stuff, then BT are actually pretty decent.

Whats more shocking is why the new Masters of the Chapter stuff is not on the Codex released 3 months ago.

Not going to mention anything about BT because its not "constructive".

It would have been pointless sub par bloat 3 months ago and its just a little fluffy throwaway for the character customisation crowd now.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 16 November 2019 - 07:12 PM.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,490 posts

The lack of any model support, despite coming at the tail end of a long chain of releases where no less than 6 chapters got something, speaks this far more clearly than any potency in rules, as those can be simply result of the developers not realizing how weak or strong (iron hands anyone?) they actually are.

• Sete likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users