Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BT rumors - Psychic Awakening Book 2?

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,380 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I think it will probably be a range of representatives from various Chaos Legions, not just one (even if Word Bearers are thematically the most sensible).

• Black Blow Fly and fire golem like this

bRxSYDV.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,608 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Word Bearers is just another rumor at this time.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

Even so the focus will be on one small force (at least in term of model releases), enough that they will probably be covered by a single squad and a leader, like with xenos nonsense in book 1. The theme of book 2 is likely faith based, sisters of battle and black templar versus most likely Word Bearers. We know said conflict happens already, and there's possibly even artwork from the event in the 8th edition codex. 

All speculation but I'd almost be willing to bet money on it

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,135 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The only confirmed model rumour for BT is no Primaris Hel and Grim.

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

That's just semantics. A rumor that says "No Primaris Helbrecht or Grimaldus" is still a rumor about models.

Yes, I suppose it is, but considering we are trying to use words to convey meaning, surely ensuring that the meaning of those words is clear is pretty important?

Don't forget, we've been discussing these rumours for weeks in the BT sub-forum, however, more casual readers may not know so much, so may think, when seeing the phrase 'confirmed rumour', that it is definitely true. Which it isn't.

To be clear, it's not a confirmed rumour, we won't know the truth of it until the release. What it is is a rumour from an apparently reliable source.

Edited by Brother Adelard, 06 October 2019 - 03:18 PM.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,997 posts
Whatevs dudes.
It's the only confirmed/backed up/with a source rumour.
The rest is just people wishlisting, without any source to back it up.

Rumour by default should be taken with salt. That's why it's a rumour not a confirmed fact.

And the only rumour with a source to back it up is the one that we wont have primaris helbrecth or grimaldus and that's a fact.

Edit: Valid was the word I was looking for.

Edited by Sete, 06 October 2019 - 03:30 PM.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

Yes, I suppose it is, but considering we are trying to use words to convey meaning, surely ensuring that the meaning of those words is clear is pretty important?

Don't forget, we've been discussing these rumours for weeks in the BT sub-forum, however, more casual readers may not know so much, so may think, when seeing the phrase 'confirmed rumour', that it is definitely true. Which it isn't.

To be clear, it's not a confirmed rumour, we won't know the truth of it until the release. What it is is a rumour from an apparently reliable source.

Heh. I actually focused on another part of the sentence thinking that's where your contention lay.

You're right that a confirmed rumor is contradictory.

• Brother Adelard likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,135 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Ah, I see the confusion about the no models rumour now!

I think a Primaris Draco would be cool. Also, he may be about the only realistic option. So far the other new Primaris Characters are those who have had some earlier part in the fluff. Whereas BT don't really have many named characters outside of Helbrecht and Grimaldus (Aside from the ones who died in Helsreach of course)

Off the top of my head I can think of:
- Theoderic the Master of Sanctity
- Jurisian, The Master of the Forge
- Castellan Draco
- Chaplain Cyneric
- Initiate Brusc

Edited by Brother Adelard, 06 October 2019 - 03:43 PM.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,938 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Also if we wanted a “retro”/retcon there is Almerich whom could have said survive actually and Crawl rubicon’d him
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,832 posts

oha... in the new box-set of ps. awakening vol.1 there are Drazhar + Incubi Boss and the Banshee Phoenix Lord + Exarch in it. So if there is a box set with Black Templars, there is a huge possibility for a Special Charakter.

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,752 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

It would be pretty lame not to have a unique sculpt per faction in the box. Of course this doesn't mean we should expect that to happen, though we "know"/assume a plastic sorcerer is gonna be in the box.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

Assuming its not a joint sisters and BT vs Chaos. That could mean a possible character would be a sister one. Impossible to say right now

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,752 posts

True, could be anything at this point.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,832 posts

the rumors said BT vs Chaos.. not Imperium vs chaos or Sisters + BT vs Chaos... i thought.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

The icon for map 2 has been the sororitas one. Sure it could just mean the setting of box/book 2 is a shrine world, but it could mean more.

Edited by Reinhard, 06 October 2019 - 05:43 PM.

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,752 posts

the rumors said BT vs Chaos.. not Imperium vs chaos or Sisters + BT vs Chaos... i thought.

The rumors did say that, yeah. I like discussing them but don't personally put much stock in them until we see some sort of previews from GW. I'd be happy either way. I'd be unhappy if they cram the Shadowspear minis in whichever box CSM are involved in, though.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,497 posts

Reminder that our most reliable, and most French, source of rumours has been unsure about a box in the style of Blood of the Phoenix coming out with every Volume of Psychic Awakening.

He's specifically said Volume 2 would be BT Vs. Chaos, and spoke mostly about rules, but that doesn't mean Sisters cannot be included in the narrative. I suspect Sisters will get next to nothing rules-wise, at least compared to BT and CSM, because their Codex will be released at around the same time as Volume 2, if rumours are to be believed.

Edited by DeadFingers, 06 October 2019 - 05:32 PM.

• Juggernut and SufficientAnonymity like this

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
Putting wordbearers in there would be a good chance to redo their legion trait or give them a few strats
  • Juggernut likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,380 posts

Based on the Phoenix Rising commentary, I would expect updated Legion traits & a "build your own warband" system similar to what Successor Chapters received and the Craftworlds, Kabals, Covens & Cults are about to get. So we likely won't have Word Bearers or Iron Warriors getting as much as Black Legion received in Vigilus Ablaze, but any update would be fantastic.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 06 October 2019 - 05:42 PM.

• Juggernut, Bryan Blaire and Slave to Darkness like this

bRxSYDV.png

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,667 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons

..."build your own warband" system similar to what Successor Chapters received and the Craftworlds, Kabals, Covens & Cults are about to get. 

The Warhammer Community article makes it seem like just Craftworlds are getting the Successor-style traits, not Drukhari.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 2/13/2021)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,380 posts

..."build your own warband" system similar to what Successor Chapters received and the Craftworlds, Kabals, Covens & Cults are about to get. 

The Warhammer Community article makes it seem like just Craftworlds are getting the Successor-style traits, not Drukhari.

I am more inclined to trust the word of the design team than WHC, who often get things wrong.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 06 October 2019 - 06:00 PM.

• toaae and Panzer like this

bRxSYDV.png

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,752 posts

Design team and WHC team can roll off on it. ;)

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,997 posts
We will find out soon enough.
Previews should start in a couple weeks.

I expect the factions at the forefront of the book to have something in terms of models.

Chaos should have a sorc next release, and since the rumours are chaos vs BT, it's safe to assume that BT could have a Castelan or Emperor Champion.
I have faith that it will be an Emperor Champion and Plastic sword bros.
If not BT could have just been rolled on the IF book and be done with it.

Edited by Sete, 06 October 2019 - 07:04 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,903 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Judging from the contents of the Eldar box, a Templars vs Chaos Box will likely be Primaris EC and a few Primaris Units we’ve seen vs Chaos Sorceror, New Chaos marines, and one or two old kits they can’t sell.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 248 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

im hoping 1 new character/leader and unit per box, as we've seen with blood of the pheonix. so, EC, primaris swordbros, redemptor?? vs sorcerer, new unit, obliterators??

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,997 posts
Heres my 2 thrones:
BT EC and Upgrade Sprue
Chaos: Sorc and Noise Marines upgrade sprue.(or night lords upgrade)

If by chance both armies get new units, Mulitators and Sword Bros.

Edited by Sete, 06 October 2019 - 08:55 PM.

• Triszin and matcap86 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users