Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BT rumors - Psychic Awakening Book 2?

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Don't think there will be a Noise Marine upgrade sprue. If they're doing Noise Marines, it's going to be a full box ala Plague Marines or Rubric Marines. This will likely be an Undivided endeavour.

• Doctor Perils and Panzer like this

bRxSYDV.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,989 posts
Just looking at the old stuff at chaos range.
NL also have a sprue there.

Hopefully all releases will follow this pattern.

HQ and unit for the main factions involved.

Edited by Sete, 06 October 2019 - 08:59 PM.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

In the twitch stream they said not all factions will get the same. Some will get models, some get rules, others just stories. 

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,989 posts

In the twitch stream they said not all factions will get the same. Some will get models, some get rules, others just stories.
I assume that the main factions of the book will get something with the release.
They did not say that every PA book would not get a box set.

And I expect more than 2 factions will featuring in the campaigns.

Edited by Sete, 06 October 2019 - 09:37 PM.

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts

Well I hope they were mistaken that not all factions will get rules. I guess I could see Sisters of Battle not getting rules as their Codex is about to get released. But there are several factions that need updating much worse than Eldar (looking at you, Grey Knights, Necrons, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, and probably several others).
  • Trevak Dal likes this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,830 posts

there are so much factions out there. I think there are a few ones that wont get models, others dont get rules,....

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,830 posts

btw... I hope for new lore / clarify a few questions.

How much Templars are there for example

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 647 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I do hope that stays obscure because otherwise BT would be knocked down to regular size %)

• Brother Adelard likes this

Pain is an Illusion of Senses. Despair is an Illusion of the Mind.

gallery_42382_15810_13377.jpggallery_42382_15810_40009.jpg

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts
I agree. I think there are some lore points that people don't actually want addressed, because they won't like the answers!

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
Well that depends on who’s writing the answers, doesn’t it?

The certain someone who took over writing for BTs when they were pushed into the Codex (and made them worship the Emperor, venerate Astropaths, have ‘just over’ 1000 battle brothers and have an inability to produce Librarians rather than hating them)? Yeah sure people are gonna hate the answers.

ADB or anyone who wrote all the fluff before that change? People will probably be more supportive.

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 647 posts

That's a bit more complicated than that. Afaik the creative process has more control than 'ok, Bob, you now write necrons, go do your worst'. Major decisions are run through think-tank and some have to be approved by the upper management (whatever that is). The issue of Templars being Codex-compliant in terms of numbers was brought up in that context - one of the authors said that the decision came from above to tone BT down and writers decided to omit specific numbers to leave it as a gray area. So the course BT have taken over the last years wasn't some lone maverick author 'hating' BT, it was a decision made by the company as a whole (at least the whole part that oversees fluff)

• Brother Adelard likes this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts
Maybe the chaos side gets upgrade sprues for the unaligned/undivided legions, akin to the First Founding Chapters? I could see a boxed set with BT on one side with a Primaris EC and a box of primaris+BT upgrade sprue (maybe with some older kit thrown in), and a mirrored Word Bearers force: Sorcerer, a CSM box+ WB upgrade sprue, and some older kit mixed in like the Phoenix Rising boxset.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts

We're also not going to see some of those aspects retconned. BT are not going back to not worshipping the Emperor as a God. So, again, people are not going to like some of those answers, regardless of who writes the fluff. (Not to mention, that some of us don't actually mind the God worship thing, so they're damned either way.)

• Schlitzaf likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,202 posts

I think its safe to assume that Chaos will get something equivocal to expanded traits, and I would REALLY hope that the Chaos factions get 1 character per chapter like the marines do. 

NL, WB, AL, IW all deserve characters with expanded traits to match the way they did the Loyalist characters. Stellar design philosophy, simple, and probably cheap overall to produce (Single character model, single upgrade sprue, and some rules to accompany!) 

I would imagine its a fairly safe bet and would add a huge amount of versatility to the chaos HQ lineup. 

Edited by Sonoftherubric21, 07 October 2019 - 10:33 AM.

• Juggernut and Doctor Perils like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,989 posts
Renegade warband traits will drop for sure.
A new sorc mini is also a strong possibility.

Edited by Sete, 07 October 2019 - 10:40 AM.

• Triszin and Sonoftherubric21 like this

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 647 posts

After it was announced that space elves are getting chapter tactics, I think it's a given that traitor legions would get them as well, so this is pretty much not a speculation anymore. GW can still do a 180-turn, of course, but realistically those campaign books are already in the press, so slim chance for that

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

We're also not going to see some of those aspects retconned. BT are not going back to not worshipping the Emperor as a God. So, again, people are not going to like some of those answers, regardless of who writes the fluff. (Not to mention, that some of us don't actually mind the God worship thing, so they're damned either way.)

I’m actually also completely onboard with Templars worshiping the Emperor as a god.

...because as it turns out, they’re right :D
  • templargdt and Brother Adelard like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

We're also not going to see some of those aspects retconned. BT are not going back to not worshipping the Emperor as a God. So, again, people are not going to like some of those answers, regardless of who writes the fluff. (Not to mention, that some of us don't actually mind the God worship thing, so they're damned either way.)

I’m actually also completely onboard with Templars worshiping the Emperor as a god.

...because as it turns out, they’re right biggrin.png

Or are they right because so many worshipping him as god made him a god? :D

• Brother Adelard and SufficientAnonymity like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,989 posts
What came first the chicken or the egg?
They are both delicious.

Edited by Sete, 07 October 2019 - 01:58 PM.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,830 posts

Well that depends on who’s writing the answers, doesn’t it?

The certain someone who took over writing for BTs when they were pushed into the Codex (and made them worship the Emperor, venerate Astropaths, have ‘just over’ 1000 battle brothers and have an inability to produce Librarians rather than hating them)? Yeah sure people are gonna hate the answers.

ADB or anyone who wrote all the fluff before that change? People will probably be more supportive.

Book "Black Legion" tells us a different story. Legionsized Black Templars... If there are a guy in the GW who knows how BT should be played, its not impossible that GW knows what BT-Fans really want. So I think there is a very good chance that GW changed it again. At least a few points out there.

• templargdt likes this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,830 posts

We're also not going to see some of those aspects retconned. BT are not going back to not worshipping the Emperor as a God. So, again, people are not going to like some of those answers, regardless of who writes the fluff. (Not to mention, that some of us don't actually mind the God worship thing, so they're damned either way.)

Thats the point. I dont have problem with the worshipping thing... but I want them to be totally ***** about the Codex Astartes.

BaronTuman

BaronTuman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 730 posts

- Rules in PsyAwakening Book 2.Including the full complement of new stratagems/litanies/warlord traits/relics/doctrine

Looking forward to what they give us as BT.

- Helbrecht and Grimaldus are stilòl oldmarines but their rules are expected to change a bit

Nice to not to have to replace nice models which are already painted with bigerer models.

- 1 CP stratagem for charging out of LR crusaders with no overwatch + the charged enemy unit is -1 to hit in HtH

If LRC were good, this would be interesting.  I've got 2, but why bother putting them on the field in a knight centric meta?

- Relic with one round of 4++ 3" aoe around the bearer

So one unit that might be harder to shoot off the board on turn 1?  Maybe if it affects LRCs it might help.

- Warlord trait with +1" charge/ + 1" advance

That'll help a big, but he first turn or 2 of movement are when we die.  You can't charge if you are dead on turn 1.

- "Dont get to excited for characters,most of what has changed are the WT"

Warlord traits are fun but they need to either keep you alive or get you to the other side of the battlefield.  Everything else is secondary.

- "But once they get in HtH,the target has few chances of escaping it" (later explained to be a stratagem that denies disengage on a 2+)

Fixed : "But IF they they get in HhT,the target has few chances of escaping it" .

This is indeed a cool rule, but kind of worthless if movement across the field isn't addressed, not to mention avoiding overwatch.

So essentially, if they put all of these rules and stack them to make LRC's viable again, I can see BT being viable.  But it's hoping for a lot of stars to align to get off a charge, when it's much easier for other chapters to just stand still and shoot.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

My Templars Gallery
My Sisters Gallery

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing!

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,588 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Cannot wait to see what the new Primaris Emperor’s Champion looks like plus the data sheet that goes with it.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,830 posts

Cannot wait to see what the new Primaris Emperor’s Champion looks like plus the data sheet that goes with it.

after the chapter champion and the company champions are monsters now - I expect him (even as not a Primaris, which is not sure yet) to be a monster. I played him with "Champion of humanity" last few games and its clearly ill what he fineshed so far (2 full buffed Daemon Princes, Mortarion!!! and a lot more enemies)

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,989 posts

You speak as if you have confirmation that he indeed is getting a new model.
Care to share with us?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users