Facing the Unknown II

Trokair

Aaaaand done. In total, I have one Spearhead and one Supreme Command.

Edit: Did a quick salvage job on an old Boxnaut I had from when I first started 40k and took some new (better) photos, with the cards too, and a little Photoshop color correcting.

newrgfamilyphoto_1.png

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

@Trokair - The wings aren't the issue its the jetpack itself. I'm looking for something that might count as an ejection armour from a battlesuit. The original gear is shown below:

Exgear

Exgearback

The stealthsuit rig is a stop gap measure in case I completely give up on doing the original idea.

So I did in fact get the stormsurge done, or at least table ready.

Stormsurgefinal1

Stormsurgefinal2

I also started work on some of the VF1 suits (burst cannon, missile pod x2). I'm going to augment my Outrider detachment with two of these and two more ghost drones for an event at my local GW coming up.

Torso holding burst rifle

Vf1wip1

Additional rifles

BC rifle

I'm going to GS the bit over the ammo case, just enough to connect it together. Just have to make one more, but only have three suits right now. Buddy says he has a few of the old suits still on spure and is willing to part with one.

The event is a 2v2 challenge mission with each bringing 40PL. The detachment is 38PL right now with the bump in PL for the suit squad already paid. I'll be giving them the iridium armour as well to help in their defense since they lack shields. The extra 2PL is from four(two) more drones. I was planning on having two squads of eight so this works out.

After I get those done I'll go back to making the bork coldstar and the riptide for the SCD.

Edit: I also may have figured out the submission rifle. Using the main body of the hot-shot volley gun from the Turox and the barrel from a rail rifle. I have two of the volley guns and a friend that has more. As for rail rifles I have a dozen from shapeways, so more then enough to make the five-ish submission and the four actual rail rifles for my ad mech.

Edited by Focslain

Got quite a lot of work done on the vehicles, only the tracks on the goliath are missing. After that I just have the 11 infantery models and as many crew members for the vehicles as I'll be motivated to do.

med_gallery_94103_13007_446700.jpg

Getting masking tape in different sizes really made them a lot easier to paint.

Got quite a lot of work done on the vehicles, only the tracks on the goliath are missing. After that I just have the 11 infantery models and as many crew members for the vehicles as I'll be motivated to do.

med_gallery_94103_13007_446700.jpg

Getting masking tape in different sizes really made them a lot easier to paint.

Niiiiiiice. I love the Genestealer Cults vehicles.

Added the tracks on the Goliath and finished the Acolythes and the Alphus. Not entirely content with the coat, but as a first try it works. Now I just need to work on the base for the Ridgerunner, as I want to do a bit more than just snow and a few rocks.

med_gallery_94103_13007_525291.jpg

sml_gallery_94103_13007_61189.jpg

sml_gallery_94103_13007_5578.jpg

sml_gallery_94103_13007_71868.jpg

With that done I should definitly be able to finish my vow in time. I'm already thinking about joining the L&T event afterwards.

Dreagher, looking really nice there. Especially love the Goliath with snow tracks.

For the Ridge runner. How about having it stand on a rocky outcrop above the snow line?

Focslain, the burst cannon ears on the Stormsurge are a nice touch, and I see that you have even more conversions planned, looking forward to seeing them done as well.   

Zephaniah Adriyen, congratulation on finishing those detachments. Shrike was rather stealthy as well, I had to look really hard to spot him hiding near the Dread.

I have picked up some Battle Sisters and Retributors, with an Exorcists and more Penitent Engines coming next week. I really need to get on with building and painting if I am going to have anything done in time. Just need to figure out what units I am building.

So finished building two new suits over the weekend.

First is the Bork coldstar, relic plasma rifle, dual missile pods and the shield I'm painting separately.

Borkcoldstarwip2

Next is the first of the XV9s, twin burst cannons, submission rifle and shield generator. The tri speaker bit is the photon caster.

Vf31wip2

I sprayed these and the other suits. Once I'm done painting them I'll get to work on the riptide. Still have the shield drones on the back burner. I wasn't happy with the prototype. Mostly due to what looked cool in my head wasn't looking as good irl. I might just say frak it and go back to normal shield drones.

Just not sure on the colour scheme for them, but gut feeling is black/grey like the shield drones of the Mercurius from Gundam Wing.

And with that I'm finished. It was quite a fun model, even if the ice floes took quite a while to place. Now I'm looking forward to getting a game with them and see how well they do on the battlefield.

med_gallery_94103_13007_1415193.jpg

Great work from everybody else!

I think it may have contracted a bit of Shrike Syndrome, what with the base being terrain. That said, it's a beautiful piece.

Played a game with the lads this past Friday, forgot to mention it. We played Maelstrom with faction decks, I played against a hybrid Thousand Sons/Heretic Astartes army with a triple Disco Lord detachment, a Tzaangor bomb and an Ahriman, and I brought everyone but Shrike. My Cappy was the Warlord, I gave him the RG Warlord trait that lets him re-deepstrike. It ended with him making a last stand behind enemy lines, trying to snipe my opponent's Daemon Prince in order to earn Slay the Warlord, Kingslayer and Witch Hunter. At that time, he was the only model remaining on the table on my side, and the extra 5 VP from making those objectives had a chance to win the game for me. Alas, he fell and I was left 4 VP behind my opponent.

Happy Friday!

I, Dan Hogue, Vow to face the Daemon and Warp menace and will learn about the Grey Knights by 29 February 2020 by working on a Battalion Detachment. Failure is not acceptable, nor will be entertained. My first units will be a Dreadknight (Grand Master), 3x Strike Squads, 3x Paladins, and one more HQ.  

You can expect AMAZING conversions and a real unique take on the Grey Knights!

V/r,

Dan

Welcome Overwhelming Odds

Glad to see another participant this far into the event, good luck as there is only just over a month left. Is this project of the back of the Psychic Awaking book that just came out or something you have been intending to do for a while?

Vossyvo, nice progress, they looks so nice.

Zephaniah Adriyen, three Disco Lords sounds tough, I have had lots of trouble with one so three sounds terrifying. Thinking on it, should there have only been one as a named character?

Dreagher, well done on finishing the Ridge Runner (with such a base!) and your second vow.  Good luck with your game and let us know how it went.

I just realized I forgot to make my revow here :lol:

I, Gederas, Vow to face the Unknown and will expand the Night Lords by 29 February 2020 by making the Patrol Detachment of Heretic Astartes into a Battalion, as well as expanding the two six-strong squads of Chaos Space Marines into ten-strong squads.

I just got (thanks to a trade) a box Chaos Space Marines, so I can have my third squad now. Only issue is the Night Lords Terror squad heads are currently out of stock... :lol:

Will start working on the third squad now.

Zephaniah Adriyen, three Disco Lords sounds tough, I have had lots of trouble with one so three sounds terrifying. Thinking on it, should there have only been one as a named character?

Mm, no, he's no more of a named character than the Plague Surgeon. He's named on the box, but he's not actually a named character.

Happy Friday!

I, Dan Hogue, Vow to face the Daemon and Warp menace and will learn about the Grey Knights by 29 February 2020 by working on a Battalion Detachment. Failure is not acceptable, nor will be entertained. My first units will be a Dreadknight (Grand Master), 3x Strike Squads, 3x Paladins, and one more HQ.  

You can expect AMAZING conversions and a real unique take on the Grey Knights!

V/r,

Dan

Excellent seeing you here!

Mm, no, he's no more of a named character than the Plague Surgeon. He's named on the box, but he's not actually a named character.

Did not know that, and honestly a little surprised as well. I better consider myself lucky that none of the local Chaos players have more than one then.

I should have looked at these earlier, the answer to my jetpack issue was staring me in the face for a while.

So I grabbed a box of sniper drones that was on super sale at my FLGS thinking that the extra support on the drones might have the engines I needed.

And well....

Firebladewip3

Firebladewip2

They did. So I got one done and I'll make the second one later. I need to add a little more GS to push the pack a bit off the back, but it works!

Also here's most of the second suit squad. I had to paint the drones and two of the suits for an event Saturday.

Tauforce1

On the battling front, seems I've been drafted for some exhibition games. Comic shop that my friend hits for MtG got into warhammer and wants some peps to play games at the shop to drum up interest. So should be able to get in another game or two next month.

Hmm. Seems I have a decision to make.

Do I build my Eighth Company Captain (gonna be picking up the power fist/plasma pistol primaris cappy) or do I do up some "better" converted Inceptors using ETB Reiver bodies, MkIV Legion jump packs and actual Inceptor arms?

What choice, just do both.