+++ =][= LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE - PHASE 2 =][= +++

Brother Cambrius

THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 2

Well here we are, Phase 1 is done and dusted, consigned to the annals of the Liber's history.

Now, onto Phase 2, building and painting!

Here are the results after Phase 1, and it was a sterling effort from those who participated, with only 3 marked as incomplete out of 30 submissions.

Those who have passed are as follows, congratulations my fellow Liberites!

• Brother Cambrius
  • Messor x2
  • Ace Debonair x2
  • Chaplain Dosjetka
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch x3
  • Brother Argent x4
  • MARK0SIAN
  • Kelborn
  • Aothaine x2
  • WarriorFish
  • Inquisitor Van Horn
  • golfdeltafoxtrot
  • Berzul
  • Zepheniah Adriyen
  • Trokair
  • jbaeza94
  • Bruce Malcom
  • Brother Lunkhead
  • Smirnov
  • AHorriblePerson
  • Watcher
  • Frostbit3

Utter insanity from Brother Argent to complete 4 submissions as we had to call in his reinforcements! But to everyone, well done on your completions, I hoped to complete 3 myself, but as is the way, real life got in the way of such lofty aspirations.

But sadly, there are those who did not reach the mark and as such, are bound by their vows to carry the signature of shame below, either with no article submitted or an insufficient amount of detail required:

• Rikev
  • Cryptix
  • Slave To Darkness

gallery_26154_15777_8041.png gallery_26154_15777_2719.png gallery_26154_15777_873.png

But fret not, there can be redemption for you! If you can complete your article and submit a miniature of your chapter, I will offer you a unique signature and the mark of shame shall be expunged.

Jonny: So, Brother Cambrius, how does Phase 2 work?

Welcome back, Jonny! Here's how it works:

• Participants who have successfully completed Phase 1 will be assigned a Chapter/Warband at random from their fellow participants' submissions. (The list will be below)

• Depending on submissions created and passed, participants will be assigned as matching number Chapter/Warbands to build and paint 1 model of

• ALL PARTICIPANTS ONLY NEED TO BUILD 1 MINIATURE EACH OF THE SWAPPED CHAPTER/WARBAND(S) ASSIGNED TO THEM. This can be any matching model that would befit the swapped Chapter/Warband.

• Models are to be of an infantry model, this can be of any stripe in standard power armour

• All assigned Swaps are to be completed by 23:59 GMT on January 1st

YOU CAN UPDATE/IMPROVE YOUR SUBMITTED ARTICLES, AS PHASE 1 IN COMPLETED.

But please, don't be that Frater who deletes and rewrites everything whilst your swap partner works on a miniature. :wink:

As mentioned before, if you complete this event with an article and miniature of the chapter swapped to you, you can proudly wear this signature:

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png gallery_26154_15777_630.png gallery_26154_15777_7413.png

So, here are the swapped Chapters/Warbands for Phase 2!

Participant Swaps:

Eh. It's fine. I'm just gonna paint up two Intercessor squads. I was planning on running them for my upcoming Raven Guard stuff, but... eh.

My apologies Zeph, I thought I had deleted your extra, obviously not.

But it is only 1 mini to do. Not a squad.

If needs be, Brother Argent did have a 4th Submission as a back up I could utilise.

Again, my deepest apologies. :(

Cambrius

Eh. It's fine. I'm just gonna paint up two Intercessor squads. I was planning on running them for my upcoming Raven Guard stuff, but... eh.

If needs be, Brother Argent did have a 4th Submission as a back up I could utilise.

Again, my deepest apologies. :sad.:

Cambrius

I appreciate the quick response. Alright. I'll only do one Intercessor for each, then - I actually immediately got the pair basecoated. A mocha brown for the Thunder Coyote, and a medium grey for the Knight of the Forge.

Again, my deepest apologies. :sad.:

Cambrius

I appreciate the quick response. Alright. I'll only do one Intercessor for each, then - I actually immediately got the pair basecoated. A mocha brown for the Thunder Coyote, and a medium grey for the Knight of the Forge.

I found my boo boo, I had accidentally put one of Damiyo-Phaeron Lenoch's submissions under your name.

So what will happen is I am rotating out one of yours to befit a singular model and submission and Damiyo will take your extra one.

Damiyo also had a third submission that snuck me past, so Brother Argent's emergency 4th submission is being deployed to even out the numbers.

Now pardon me whilst I find introspection in the Pain Glove...

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Ace Debonair: Angels of Decay ©

Ace Debonair: Apseros Astra (P)

IT'S HAPPENING :woot:

One lawman in a lawless land coming up!

I haven't forgotten what I said - I'll be building a gunslinger, complete with a longcoat.

The Chapter symbol is WAY beyond my freehand skills, though, so I'm also considering a poncho-style garment over the torso (and shoulder pads) so I don't have to paint it. :tongue.:

Angels of Decay will be a fun one to work with - white and blue happen to be specialities of mine. :biggrin.:

Plus I happen to have a whole pot of Typhus Corrosion and a few choice browns and greens to play with...

Of course, I'll have to lay my hands on something suitably Nurgle-y to go with my current bitz, but that's all part of the fun!

Looks like I need to find that free Intercessor I got! :tongue.: My supply of yellow paints is limited but I should have something suitable somewhere... @Messor am I right that the aquila is also yellow and not a gold?

@Aothaine, let me know if you need any details on the Sunder's scheme :thumbsup: The advantage of getting a DIY that already exists on the table top :laugh.:

And just a notice in case anyone does ask (and I will add to the opening post):

YOU CAN UPDATE/IMPROVE YOUR SUBMITTED ARTICLES, AS PHASE 1 IN COMPLETED.

But please, don't be that Frater who deletes and rewrites everything whilst your swap partner works on a miniature.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Let the good times roll. @WarriorFish it's just a lift of Shazam's color scheme, so pretty much anything that yellow is gold, but at the end of the day it'll be your model, so if you like yellow more, don't hesitate to use it.

I've got a half-done Thunder Coyote sitting on top of the oscilloscope I keep on my desk but never use, looming over my every action. I certainly won't forget to finish him over the next day or two; it isn't a difficult color scheme, aside from that yellow... which I got by just applying yellow and then using Seraphim Sepia. It gives a weird, dirty yellow color which I think works.

I’m glad you find it a simple scheme to work with! I’ve got multiple complex schemes I get sort of sick of painting over my armies, so a relatively simple one was a nice change of pace (for me, at least).

That’s an interesting way of doing the yellow, I may have t try it myself!

I've got a half-done Thunder Coyote sitting on top of the oscilloscope I keep on my desk but never use, looming over my every action. I certainly won't forget to finish him over the next day or two; it isn't a difficult color scheme, aside from that yellow... which I got by just applying yellow and then using Seraphim Sepia. It gives a weird, dirty yellow color which I think works.

I’m glad you find it a simple scheme to work with! I’ve got multiple complex schemes I get sort of sick of painting over my armies, so a relatively simple one was a nice change of pace (for me, at least).

Aaand it would appear that my mobile surfing of the B&C on my way home led to me accidentally deleting Zeph's original post quoted here. The Pain Glove is awaiting me for a few hours... :facepalm:

But What I was trying to post was please do remember to share any progress images in the WIP thread linked here. I'm sure everyone's keen to see the submissions from everybody come to life in plastic/metal/resin. :tu:

Cambrius

Aaand it would appear that my mobile surfing of the B&C on my way home led to me accidentally deleting Zeph's original post quoted here. The Pain Glove is awaiting me for a few hours... :facepalm:

But What I was trying to post was please do remember to share any progress images in the WIP thread linked here. I'm sure everyone's keen to see the submissions from everybody come to life in plastic/metal/resin. :thumbsup:

Cambrius

:facepalm:

Let the good times roll. @WarriorFish it's just a lift of Shazam's color scheme, so pretty much anything that yellow is gold, but at the end of the day it'll be your model, so if you like yellow more, don't hesitate to use it.

Even better, I quite like painting gold so the yellow is hence retired! :tongue.:

I've just found some suitable bitz for my Angel of Decay. :biggrin.:

It begins, brothers!

Ruin and blight shall soon come to the WIP thread - and since I've got a couple of hours, maybe I'll even get some paint on my newest heretic! :happy.:

EDIT:

I got some paint on him. Check the WIP thread Cambrius linked above for pics! :biggrin.:

Edited by Ace Debonair