Welcome to part three of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week Series!
Following the release of the 8th edition Codex, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will focus on the unique BA units and part two will focus on BA units that are new to this edition of the Codex, part three will discuss how to get the best use the generic units from the past that are still with us (and that many of us have in our armies still).
Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.
Without further ado, here's this week's entry:
What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you use some VAS?
- To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)?
- Will you be running multiples? MSU or full squads? Do you make use of the Combat Squads special rule?
- Footslog, jump pack, or transport?
- What weapon choices do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
- Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
- Stratagems of note?
Over to you.