The Great Devourer approaches!

The Pounder

• 3 weeks later...

Oh very nice,

I never noticed the 2 tone colours you had on the heads, more predominately on others...it really works well :wub:

these guys will fill a gap in your army (they're still a synapse unit right?:ermm: )

Now you've made me want to get to my model desk and paint my current project when I get home from work... :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've completed the start of an Hive Guard brood. Eventually I'd like a squad of six to bring death on all before me!!

Thanks for looking!!

Oh very nice (i ran out of likes today...damn other peoples nice looking models :tongue.: ) so consider it liked in a big way bud!!:wub:

I bet with all the new rules snippets we're seeing that you might be a bit more happy looking down the barrel of 9th Ed (hopefully) being more balanced towards running a Close Combat army... I can't wait to play my mates Nid army again without him looking forlorn and puppy eyed just before he attempted to charge anywhere...:laugh.: 

Cheers, Mithril 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been crazy busy of late so haven't had as much hobby time as I'd like.

Finally managed to add this Neurothrope for the swarm:

Really pleased to have been able to add this one to the collection.

Next up for the Nids will be an Exocrine! (can't wait to paint the beast!!!)

Lovely work! I've long been partial to the Zoanthrope models, in particular I like the new ones (though to me they've very new :laugh.: ). I like the extra definition you have on the edges of the carapace, though I wouldn't like to imagine how much time it takes across models... :tongue.: Looking forward to seeing the Exocrine :thumbsup:

Yeah, the Zoanthropes are glorious sculpts! I’ll be adding another 3 for a squad of 5.

The lines on the Chitin don’t take as long as you might think! It’s just a matter of layering them up.

My Exocrine arrived today! So I’m going to be all over that this week!!

Hey Jud,

Good to see the brush hasn't dried up :wink: .

Your "Neurothrope" looks amazing, to me the top of the head has a crab like colour to it (in a great way)

Is this Model from the newest part of the range...I've been away from nids for a lot longer than I realised :sweat:

Looks very alien like indeed, Looking fwd to seeing your exocrine!!

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril!

Haha! Yeah I’m back in the zone when it comes to painting!

Funnily enough the reason I’m doing Nids is because of crabbing with my son on holiday!

Not sure how new this particular rendition of the Zoanthropes are but I love them, I’ll start with another 3 to form into a squad of 5.

I’ve got the Exocrine built and primed so shouldn’t be too long.

Finished the Exocrine!!

Hopefully this beast will help out with some decent firepower (my army is lacking in that department)

The swarm is growing slowly but surely. I'm hoping to add 3 more Zoanthropes to form a squad of 5. Buffed by the Neurophrope they should do some work.

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gents, I have a bit of cash to help the growth and evolution of Hive Fleet Ariagnee.

I’ve decided to go with 3 more Hive Guard and another 3 Zoanthropes, question is what do I do with the last £55?

I’m leaning towards either a Carnifex Brood or some more Warriors but not sure what to get?

Any thoughts?

Hey Jud,

Loving the new Exocrine :wub:  ... There's something awesome about the big bugs am I right, I'd love to have just an army of the big guys if I could....!?!

and speaking of that :biggrin.:.... 

My Vote is for a Carnifex brood :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. awesome to see you being able to Add to the Hive Fleet !!

Well that was emphatic! Carnifex Brood it is!

Thanks Mithrilforge! I feel the big beasts are what draws everyone into Nids.

WarriorFish, you’re right! I should have noticed that!

Xenith, I don’t currently have OOE! What I do have is the left over claws from the Exocrine kit. I see some kitbashing in my near future.

I’ve got some catching up to do on my bruv’s Templars of Dorn but should have an update soon.