Chaos-stolen xenotech precedent?

Zephaniah Adriyen

Adapted/borrowed xenotech is well established enough, so I'm sure a Chaos Marine has fewer scruples about it :tongue.: Aside from making some useful tools for himself I'm sure your Tzeentchian Warpsmith would delight in twisting haughty xenos gear to his own ends!

Pasanius from McNeil's Uriel Ventris got a replacement bionic arm that turned out to be Necron tech (it repaired itself from all damage, I can't quite remember where he got it). Anyway, he hated it for being filthy xeno tech.

However, iirc, in the UM/IW crossover book, Warsmith Honsou took it from Pasanius and had it grafted to himself. I don't think he cared where it came from, just that it worked!

My guy has a fascination with all things xenotech, and believes it can be used to further his and his warband's goals. Wraith-prosthetic arm, Wraithaxe and three modified Scarab familiars equipped with different weapons (bolt caster, flamer, plasma), and his other hand is a meltagun barrel. He also has a mechatendril with a scything claw-thing sticking out of his torso. He's a Warpsmith with combi-plasma and required axe, flamer, meltagun and tendrils.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Warpsmiths and the Dark Mechanicus will commit any tech-heresy to further their aims. Whether the bind chaos daemons to daemon engines and vehicles or use Necron or T'au tech to augment weapons and armor. They just simply do not care.

The Iconoclast Raider uses Xeno tech

The Dark Mechanicum should be more powerful on paper and when working together compared to the Mechanicus. A few Daemon Forgeworlds should have surpassed the power of either the pre-Fall Eldar or the DaoT humanity or Orks at their highest tech. Maybe better than Necron tech

Warpsmiths and the Dark Mechanicus will commit any tech-heresy to further their aims. Whether the bind chaos daemons to daemon engines and vehicles or use Necron or T'au tech to augment weapons and armor. They just simply do not care.

The Dark Mechanicum should be more powerful on paper and when working together compared to the Mechanicus. A few Daemon Forgeworlds should have surpassed the power of either the pre-Fall Eldar or the DaoT humanity or Orks at their highest tech. Maybe better than Necron tech

Dark Mechanicum tech surpassing even Necron tech is a very interesting conjecture, and certainly has merit. The main problem I have with this is that it is so reliant on favor from the dark gods, who are....well....... very chaosy:teehee: They each have there own fickle and competing agendas, rituals of favor and appeasement that varies from sacrificing one to a billion or more souls without any consistent sense of proportional reciprocal response. They play a game of musical chairs where they are as likely as not to pull the chair out from under the winner just because it's .....fun:wink:  I don't think the Chaos gods would ever give the Dark Mech the upper hand, even if it's possible because of their overwhelming love of the game.

However, I'm sure the use of xeno tech by the forces of Chaos is more prevalent that what we see from the Imperium. I do wish we would see more of it in the lore and the game.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

While some Necron Tech would work with Dark Mechanicum, a lot of it doesn't because of the Black Stone Requirements. Basically they are two ends of the spectrum for use of psychic active stuff, that being said I am all for Xeno-tech heresy. My Forge World and My Inquisitor are filthy Xenarites or Xeno Hybris.

• 1 month later...

Dark Mechanicum tech surpassing even Necron tech is a very interesting conjecture, and certainly has merit. The main problem I have with this is that it is so reliant on favor from the dark gods, who are....well....... very chaosy:teehee: They each have there own fickle and competing agendas, rituals of favor and appeasement that varies from sacrificing one to a billion or more souls without any consistent sense of proportional reciprocal response. They play a game of musical chairs where they are as likely as not to pull the chair out from under the winner just because it's .....fun:wink:  I don't think the Chaos gods would ever give the Dark Mech the upper hand, even if it's possible because of their overwhelming love of the game.

There is also the problem that some Warp based technology don't really work outside of Warp heavy areas, like the Eye of Terror or the Screaming Vortex.