Word Bearer Chapters/Warbands

apologist

Hey all, what's your Warband or Chapter of the Word Bearers called? What are their sigils/markings?

I'm working on building my Word Bearer squads for the boardgame Betrayal at Calth, and since the background states that the Word Bearers from numerous Chapters were present, I wanted to reflect that in the figures. I'd love to include some of your Chapters – so if you'd like your Chapter included, please throw up a pic or two below and give me any particular pointers on your scheme/markings.

f.jpg

+ Brothers Bac Vorkar of the Third Hand and Vannis Gen of the Inscribed +

From what I remember the chapters were named for the constellations visible from Colchis, at one point I was trying to work out what they might look like to then develop ideas of their sigils. Needless to say this undertaking fell somewhere by the wayside.

Personally I've never really fixed on a specific chapter for my own host to represent. My logic is that they are coteries that were formed around the survivors of their original leaders' penitent voyage before he was mortally wounded and interred in a Hellbrute. So their iconography is pretty random. Nice idea though.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing yours, Dhar'Neth. A couple more of mine on the blocks:

e.jpg

They are nice, I like the way you've done the astrological symbols, you freehand the black and the highlight the red around them to make them look recessed yeah?

Thanks, and yes; that's right. I find the trick is to avoid using pure black, and instead just use the same dark red I use as the underpainting (in this case, Gal Vorbak Red).

• 1 year later...