Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Angel of Death

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts

Thats a lot of musicians. I wonder how much they got paid?

Not much. Maybe £150 each if GW were playing nice and paying the full union rate.
Wow. Thats not a lot for the amount of training they do. No wonder they could afford so many.

Unless one of the musicians tell us how much they made, all of this is speculation.

I can also imagine that when you pull in a big composer, a choir and musicians like that, it’s for more than just the 16 sec clip they previewed to us. Given they just announced a full anthology. :)

I like the music. And I’m curious to see what more will come from it. :)
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Scammel

Scammel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 573 posts

I was bewildered - I've never seen such a lengthy and breathless piece in service of so little. In fairness, there's an interesting story to be told about how you actually go about about creating this, but the hype is so manufactured here.

• quasistellar and MegaVolt87 like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

To be honest from what my brothers* have said...about 50- 60% of what is recorded ends up on the cutting room floor... plus as these musicians wont have played together before they will have spent a couple of hours practicing together before the first recording....OR they are hired as an orchastra for the day and thats it - the employer has a day to get they recording done thats it.

*(Royal Marine Band Service... so musicans :P they have taken part in several CD albums being made,including beeing loaned out to big bands and orchastras (inc some london ones IIRC) that needed extra musicians for recording projects)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I just really don’t want them to over-extend. They’ve made huge gains by actually being conservative with how they handle success. Branching out into media is not a conservative move and can backfire. How are we going to watch these shows? Twitch? Netflix? Amazon? The fandom is going to pirate these on release day, so they’re not going to make money if it’s some kind of private platform.
  • Lucerne, m0nolith and cretacianborn like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Depends on the deal(s) they make... an amzaon /netfilx deal would work because its a flat rate/fee from the host to GW.  And then the host can deal with if they itimise or package the programe(s)....

It wont be public free to air TV ala BBC... it is most likely going to be an amazon and/ or netflix deal OR a self publish hard copy (DVD).  As the target audiance is most likely on either one or other of those hosts already.

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Hard Copy would basically guarantee a bust. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,048 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Anyway, that render of a Bolter is very funny, because the scope wouldn't be able to see past the sight. 

Thanks. Now I cannot unsee it.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,356 posts

I just really don’t want them to over-extend. They’ve made huge gains by actually being conservative with how they handle success. Branching out into media is not a conservative move and can backfire. How are we going to watch these shows? Twitch? Netflix? Amazon? The fandom is going to pirate these on release day, so they’re not going to make money if it’s some kind of private platform.

well how much personal risk are they assuming? branding, setting up internal media team for editorial and creative is cheap - helps set up future success. all the real financial risk i assume is carried to the media folks they are licensing their IP too.

when a warhammer video game drops, GW still profits because they pocket a licensing fee amd finance none of the development

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I feel like the stormcast is swinging to hit the bolter shell - now I want to see it explode on impact or smacked for 6.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts

Eyes kinda glazed over reading this.

Anyway, that render of a Bolter is very funny, because the scope wouldn't be able to see past the sight.

As someone who has a lot of experience with optics, scopes specifically (I work in the defense industry) the view through a magnified optic in this set up would be perfectly fine. You won’t even see the front sight.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Eyes kinda glazed over reading this.

As someone who has a lot of experience with optics, scopes specifically (I work in the defense industry) the view through a magnified optic in this set up would be perfectly fine. You won’t even see the front sight.

While that might be true, most people wouldn't know that so they'd assume otherwise which is not exactly a desirably response. You want such things to be understood instinctively by people who aren't working in the defense industry or similar and there's no particular reason why the sight should be this gigantic considering it's not like that on the models or in the artworks either. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika
Its a nice bit of music and capturing both Aos and 40k in a short burst is a big challenge which it succeeds in. Still it doesnt jump out at me and isnt particularly memorable. It wont be iconic in the same way as the 20th century fox fanfare.

Edited by grailkeeper, 21 January 2020 - 10:24 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Its a nice bit of music and capturing both Aos and 40k in a short burst is a big challenge which it succeeds in. Still it doesnt jump out at me and isnt particularly memorable. It wont be iconic in the same way as the 20th century fox fanfare.

To be fair, most idents aren't particularly memorable.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

it’s their first one, I’m sure it’ll change over time and get better as they delve deeper into this new medium for them.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,943 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Alright, since the news has had some time to percolate through the community, and I doubt we'll see further news on the ident, I think it's time to lock this up.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,730 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

This topic is now unlocked due to today's reveals.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,769 posts

gallery_116407_15011_54935.jpg

Seems a character for another Storyforge project

• Doghouse and PeteySödes like this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,206 posts

That looks impressive. I'm hoping we see lots of different styles but that still looks really nice, I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,617 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

GW knocking it out of the park...

https://youtu.be/ijg-4YBK_qs

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
Lovely visuals, but the voices still don't jive with me. Something about them feels... stilted.

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,361 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
Everything looks awesome!
I wonder if they’ll keep that low colour look through the series or will colour fade into the series the further it goes like in Hellsreach.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,617 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I like it better than Astartes .
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

i really like the greyscale with the only true colour being red when blood angels are on screen. makes a really nice impactful style. Apparently the black rage is represented by white shakes or echoes or something... guess that means someone will fall. Considering the little caption at the end of the trailer, i guess thats a given.

I love the scene of the thunderhawks flying though. REALLY nice.

They mentioned that there are at least 5 styles. We know of three so far:

- anime style (assassins and stuff)

- greyscale gritty style (they said intended to give a horror vibe - Angels of Death)

- hyper realistic (the sister of battle and space marine)

- 2 more unamed.

They also said the different productions cover different narrative styles, with one being a horror and another being a mystery. Pretty cool

• Captain Taelos and Panzer like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Brother_Bethor

Brother_Bethor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I like the new Angels of Death trailer. Looks very impressive but there are some things that need correction: Thunderhawk trailing smoke in space (it is space, otherwise there would be visual cues of flying in atmosphere at high speed) and bombardment cannon shooting lance strike. facepalm.png  

++ DEATH FROM ABOVE! ++

From death comes hope, from desolation comes new beginnings, from the stars comes DEATHWING

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Have to confess that for the first ten seconds of that Angels of Death trailer I thought I was watching a Battlefleet Gothic announcement.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 07 April 2020 - 01:07 AM.

• Arendious likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users