Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jack Burton's Pork Chop Express: Resurrectrix!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Hey y'all, hope this fine day is finding you all well.  I started work on a home build Triumph of St Katherine way back when news of the model first broke last year.  My plan was a scratch built base, Raging Heroes Adjudicators as bodyguards, Day of the Dead Daughters as relic bearers and some kind of centerpiece.  After many months of on and off work, it's done!  The official model from GW is pretty freaking fantastic; I hope this holds up.

IMG 4465
IMG 4466
IMG 4467
IMG 4468
IMG 4469
IMG 4470
IMG 4471

PS. for ease of transport and to make it easy to add or remove miniatures, every figure is magnetized to the base.  It's also a fun way to represent decreasing wound tiers on the unit card.

Edited by Jack Burton, 23 February 2021 - 02:09 PM.

• Brother Tyler, mithrilforge, Montford and 6 others like this
gallery 48988 15465 42927

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,928 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Wow! Looks great! Magnetizing them was a good call for sure! :D

On another topic:

Spoiler

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the models.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,340 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Holy cow that's great. Beautifully done and choice of models to use is perfect. Magnets are great things for this hobby for sure.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Thanks fellas; I wasn't sure how people would take the floating-nude-oracle girl as the centerpiece.  I plan to use this as the start of a 'new beginning' for my Sisters army, which is maybe unfortunately a schizophrenic mess of Raging Heroes, old GW, and new GW miniatures...pretty much every squad painted in a different color scheme.  I have this problem of when I get a new squad of girls my reaction is something like "Hey i bet these would look great like THIS" so I really don't know how I'm ever going to field all these as an army :)

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Alrighty so I had some visions from the Emperor about what this army could be, and with little thought for the consequences we are now the Order of the Six-Demon Bag.  What's the order of the Six-Demon Bag all about, you ask?  Well, wind, fire, all that kind of thing really.  But it's mostly a tribute to the baddest cat to roam the Galaxy since the God-Emperor himself ascended to the Throne.  

I have some ideas about how to add some suitably subtle iconography, but in the meantime I've found myself the new loving owner of a squad of the new Battle Sisters and a squad of Retributors.  Assembled and ready to fight for the Emperor in all their gray glory, but with a bit of luck receiving some paint before hitting the tabletop.  Also a new lightbox to hopefully improve picture quality.  If you have recommendations to improve photo clarity then I'm all ears, but I've got a potato camera and getting a not-potato cam is not an option.

IMG 4490
IMG 4480[1]
IMG 4482[1]

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
Good job on the models. The name "Six-Demon Bag" is surprising, though- I expected an army with this name in the Liber Chaotica, as I'm sure there are many Puritan Inquisitors who'll have the Order purged due to the name alone.
  • dracpanzer likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Rasp

Rasp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
It’s all in the reflexes.

Love it!

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Hope you're all keeping up well wherever you may or may not be locked down at the moment.  I've been stuck at home for a while but the good news is that I've finished the first couple models for a new Bloody Rose detachment.  It'll be a while before I churn through the thirty or so that I've got primed up but here are the first two:

IMG 5171
IMG 5173
IMG 5174
IMG 5177
IMG 5187
IMG 5188
IMG 5189
IMG 5190

• mithrilforge, 9x19 Parabellum and Inquisitor Xenoflay like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
The dark red metallic armor, and the black robes, make your Sisters look intimidating as hell. Good job.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,340 posts
Nice! The grime on the bottom shows so real battle worn and torn look. Great work!
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I like the way they pop.

NIGHTLORDS,

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
Sister Superior and Stormbolter Battle Sister are done; I think I'll take a break and work on some bases now.  C&C welcome!

IMG 5227
IMG 5221
IMG 5216

• mithrilforge, Dread and NKirkham24 like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
Great paint jobs on the Sisters!

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 410 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
Great paint scheme. I love the metallics.

Edited by Maschinenpriester, 14 April 2020 - 07:03 PM.

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Thanks guys!  I got my Green Stuff roller in so I'm going to try it out with some superfine milliput and make up the base set for the squad.  First time with a green stuff roller so wish me luck!

Inquisitor Xenoflay

Inquisitor Xenoflay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Hope you're all keeping up well wherever you may or may not be locked down at the moment.  I've been stuck at home for a while but the good news is that I've finished the first couple models for a new Bloody Rose detachment.  It'll be a while before I churn through the thirty or so that I've got primed up but here are the first two:

The red colour looks great :) Makes it look more realistic. What paint did you use for it? I'm playing sacred rose and a touch of metallic would look good on the white armour, just not sure if there is a similar color that's white?

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Thanks man!  I used paints from the Turbo Dork range on the armor.  'Spicy Meatball' is the red on the armor, and it's shaded with their Wave Length blue for a red/blue transition that I really like.  They're coated with a matte finish to dull the shine on the armor at the end, since the turbo dork range is VERY glossy.

Inquisitor Xenoflay

Inquisitor Xenoflay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts

Thanks man!  I used paints from the Turbo Dork range on the armor.  'Spicy Meatball' is the red on the armor, and it's shaded with their Wave Length blue for a red/blue transition that I really like.  They're coated with a matte finish to dull the shine on the armor at the end, since the turbo dork range is VERY glossy.

Nice :) I might try it for a model if there is a metallic white in my local shop. They have paints there that may be similar to the ones you mentioned. Also, I am considering spraying a squad with white paint and then painting them, so they get this extra white tint ^^

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Check out the color range here: https://turbodork.com/

They've got a good color search function; you might try their Pearly Gates for a pure metallic white or the Mother Lode for a pearlescent effect.

• Inquisitor Xenoflay likes this

Inquisitor Xenoflay

Inquisitor Xenoflay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts

Check out the color range here: https://turbodork.com/

They've got a good color search function; you might try their Pearly Gates for a pure metallic white or the Mother Lode for a pearlescent effect.

Ordered two metallic colors: Acrylic white for the armour and Tin Star for the guns :)

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

I finished the bases, completing the first squad of ten new Battle Sisters.  I was very happy with the quality of these minis from start to finish.  They were a pleasure to paint and I'm looking forward to the next ten.  The bases are Ancestral Recall from Green Stuff World.

The whole party:

IMG 5254

EXTREME CLOSE-UP!!
IMG 5256
IMG 5257
IMG 5258

• G8Keeper, Dread, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,340 posts
EXCELLENT! They look amazing. The faces are well done, I can't go to that extreme myself so 2 thumbs up.

I like the way they pop.

NIGHTLORDS,

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Hey boys and girls Jack Burton coming to you from the Pork Chop Express again; today's topic, actually the Pork Chop CHOP CHOP CHOP Express.  Repentia are finished, and ready to hack and slash their way to redemption.  Blood for the God-Emperor, Skulls for the Golden Throne!  I mean...ahem...here they are.

IMG 6838
IMG 6839
IMG 6840
IMG 6841
IMG 6837
IMG 6842
IMG 6843

Models are Raging Heroes' Davidians, first time with VMC blood effects.

• toaae, Azekai and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
Beautiful work on the Sisters Repentia.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,340 posts
Nice! They look the part for sure. Survivors of Friday the 13th.

I like the way they pop.

NIGHTLORDS,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users