I didn’t mean it in a bad way, the forum is just not super active so sometimes it’s like screaming into the void lol
. I will continue to write up my battles when I am able to take notes, mostly because I really enjoy reading other people’s batreps so I want to contribute some of my own.
I have a battle coming up on Thursday, a 2k competitive match. Not sure what army I’ll be facing at this point. I know my opponent owns a mixed Chaos army (he has Nurgle daemons and a lot of CSM, maybe more that I don’t remember), a Craftworlds army, and a Raven guard successor army.
I’m bringing a variation of the list I brought against the White Scars. It looks roughly like this:
- Primaris Captain, power sword / auto bolter, Quake Bolts
- Chief Priest w/ jump pack, Icon, Selfless Healer
- Chief Lib, warlord, jump pack, Psychic Mastery, Tome; Unleash Rage, Shield, Wings, Null Zone
- 5 assault intercessors
- 5 auto bolter intercessors, chainsword and grenade launcher
- 5 Incursors
- 5 Bladeguard, volkite pistol
- 7 sanguinary guard with axes
- 4 SG with axes
- 4 SG with swords
- Redemptor with plasma, Gatling, storm bolters, rockets
- relic Contemptor with cyclone and double volkite
- 3 plasmaceptors
- 5 assault hellblasters
Basic plan is to keep my firepower close together with the Bladeguard screening the front and pushing up the board. Intercessors and Incursors to screen back. Plasmaceptors will probably stay in reserve with one small SG squad. Second small SG squad will stay on the board as a troubleshooter. Big SG squad will be my heavy hitter with the librarian in tow.
Big deathstar units are really dangerous right now because of the lethality of the game; it’s really difficult to trade up before you die. That’s why I’m trying the smaller units, they are still incredibly dangerous in melee but they’re also a small points investment that won’t sink me if they die.