Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prot does the Scars

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ CICATRIX ASCENSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

Well, well, well..... I bet you guys never thought you'd see this thread get updated?

Well behold the Outriders:

gallery_2760_16235_2503.jpg

That's a big picture... it shows off lots of flaws, but White Scars really don't care for such minor concerns.

gallery_2760_16235_499459.jpg

gallery_2760_16235_291377.jpg

The truth is I had primed these guys White before I found out I was getting my UM's back and before the sale of my painted WS.

Is it insane to actively play/paint two marine armies? Don't answer that. :)

Nice bikes!

To answer your question; no it’s not insane. I paint 4 armies at the same time. I guess it quadruples the overall-cost of the hobby amongst other things but keep me from burning out and loose interest. On my board I have white scars, alpha legion, iron hands and grey knights 😋
  • Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

That's a good point. I'll get to a point where I can't stand painting the blue hues of the Ultra's, and the stark contrast in styles doing the White Scars is a perfect brake from that.

• Black Blow Fly and Johanhgg like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ CICATRIX ASCENSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

That's a good point. I'll get to a point where I can't stand painting the blue hues of the Ultra's, and the stark contrast in styles doing the White Scars is a perfect brake from that.

Yes, I’m a fast painter but the downside of that is burning out, and to have different armies really prevent that; usually I paint 1 week white scars -> 1 week iron hands and so on, it’s nice!
  • Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

That’s good advice. I am going to stop feeling silly about doing 2 marine armies. :tu:

ive been playing my WS again with some UM fill ins and they actually feel quite different than UM and only a few units really overlap. 

Click to see....

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Hi Guys it's been a while.

I'm slowly doing up models I have laying around, and a few of them are from friends.... I just had another game vs. DG too... man that has become my nemesis! 

med_gallery_2760_16235_142228.jpg

The Khan!!!!

med_gallery_2760_16235_240374.jpg

med_gallery_2760_16235_131935.jpg

Really enjoyed doing the face this time. I took a bit of a characterful approach to the colouring and facial structure.

• 6262, RolandTHTG, Tokugawa and 5 others like this

Click to see....

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Forgot the unsung hero of my last game! 

The Thunderstrike! I played extremely cagey with him and he lasted the game. That's a first for me, but again I really limited its exposure to serious threats:

med_gallery_2760_16235_308370.jpg

• 6262, Black Blow Fly, Trokair and 3 others like this

Click to see....

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Khan and the Storm Speeder.
  • Prot likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Thanks! The speeder is a cool model actually. Lots of fun to work with.

Click to see....

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,038 posts

Are the pilots easy to paint separately?   

Is this unit worth 170 points?  I just dont think so but I have no experience with or against it.

• Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Are the pilots easy to paint separately?   

Is this unit worth 170 points?  I just dont think so but I have no experience with or against it.

No it's definitely over pointed. It is super fun because of the new terrain you see on most tables... you find you have these great opportunities to just pop past obscuring terrain and try to overload something. BUT you have to overload it, because these Speeders are absolute paper. 

I love the model... the stand is too high though so it is extremely hard to hide it. In pictures I don't think this comes across very well, but even though I haven't technically measured, I believe the top of the turret measures above 5" making it really difficult to use single floor ruins as obscuring.

The Pilots aren't bad. What I did was glue the edge guard bars separately to make them more accessible.

Click to see....

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Thunderstrike completed!

med_gallery_2760_16235_143498.jpg

med_gallery_2760_16235_214480.jpg

• 6262, Black Blow Fly, Burias-Drak'shal and 2 others like this

Click to see....

Burias-Drak'shal

Burias-Drak'shal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 690 posts
  • Faction: Wordbearer
Lovely white scars army
  • Prot likes this
gallery_43262_14432_13990.jpggallery_43262_14432_29483.jpg

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Thank you. And that's a timely compliment as I just came into some of the new Bladeguard and plan to add them to this army. Can't wait to get started....

Click to see....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users