Order of the Emperor's Grace

I went Valorous Heart for the ignore -1 AP, doubled with the imagifier for ignore -2, but it didnt come up too often suprisingly. The FNP was helpful though. 

I also went for, i think it's called Spirit of the Martyr, that allows you to shoot to fight on 5+ when the model is destroyed. This was really useful, helping to finish things off where we'd not quite managed it first time round etc. 

It's a good job it was a friendly game though, I forgot to roll for miracle dice at for a couple of rounds etc, but we just went back thankfully. 

They really are a fun army to play, I enjoyed it a lot. They feel so different to my Ultramarines (obviously), it just gives so many new challenges.

• 7 months later...

So it’s been a very long time since I updated this log, apologise for the lack of update.

I have continued to add to the Sisters collection and now have a fairly sizeable force, ready for the next wave which should hopefully be announced today.

I have played a couple more games with the Sisters, but not as much as I would have liked given the COVID situation here in the UK. In only their 2nd outing I took on the new Death Guard and managed a victory. Unfortunately this was quite a while ago so I don’t remember many details.

More recently I managed to play only my 3rd game with the Sisters again vs the Emperors Children again. My list was as follows:

Canoness - warlord - blessed Blade & condemnor boltgun; relic - iron surplice, trait - impervious to pain (5+ FNP).

Canoness - chainsword and plasma pistol; relic - litany of faith, trait - beacon of faith

Misssionary

5 squads of 5 Sisters - 2 squads with 2 storm bolters, 1 squad with 2 meltas and 2 squads all with boltguns.

9 Arco-Flagellants

9 Repentia + Superior

Imagifier - tale of the stoic

Zephyrim - pennant

Celestians - 2 meltaguns, superior with maul and inferno pistol

Seraphim - 4 inferno pistols, 4 bolt pistols, plasmas pistol & chainsword on superior

Retributors - 4x Multi-Melta; Combi-melta on the superior

2x Exorcists with missile launchers

Immolator with flamers

2x Rhinos

I also took Ephreal Stern and Kyganil.

I took banners, attrition and engage while the EC took assassinate, engage and thin their ranks.

A few of the key moments in the game were:

- a rhino making a save in a 6 to survive a further turn, enabling me to keep my arch-flaggelants safe and box in his advance on my right flank.

- The Retributors killing a venom crawler, disco lord and a rhino in one turn (using the cherubs).

- chaos spawn killing my Immolator without much difficulty (never played these before they were good)

- warlord Canoness taking a charge from a chaos lord with the daemonic lightning claws relic. She managed to survive on a wound thanks to her relic and shrug. The Lord was then dispatched by he Celestian bodyguard.

It was quite a tight game points wise scores were as follows:

Turn 1: EC 0-6 Sisters

Turn 2: EC 21-20 Sisters

Turn 3: EC 46-34 Sisters

Turn 4: EC 49-50 Sisters

Turn 5: EC 59-75 Sisters

Really enjoying the Sisters and I’m looking forward to the new releases whenever they finally come round.

• 2 years later...

Had to try and find this topic, deep in the archives!

I’ve been playing Sisters recently at our club on a Monday evening. I’ve managed to get 5 games in (with one more on Monday coming) in prep for attending a GT next weekend.

Game 1: Guard 94-57 Sisters

Game 2: Dark Angels 76-66 Sisters

Game 3: Tyranids 43-95 Sisters

Game 4: Death Guard 59-65 Sisters

Game 5: Thousand Sons 54-82 Sisters

My list has evolved over recent games and is now set as follows:

Morvenn Vahl + 3 Paragons with Swords & Multi-Melta

Preacher (saintly example) + 10 Arcos + Rhino

Palatine (blade) + Dialogus (Litanies) + 10 Sisters with Melta/Multi-Melta

Triumph of Saint Katherine + 10 Sisters with Melta/Multi-Melta

Inquisitor Draxus + 10 Sisters with Melta/Multi-Melta + Immolator with Flamers to split the squad

Daemonifuge

Castigator

Exorcist

10 Repentia

5 Seraphim

5 Sacresants

2 Crusaders

The draw has been done for the 1st round of the GT, and I'll be playing a Tyranid Invasion Fleet.

The mission is Priority Targets with Chilling Rain and their list is as follows:

Hive Tyrant

Neurotyrant

10 Termagaunts

Biovore

Exocrine x3

Maleceptor x2

Neurolictor x2

Norn Assimilator

Ripper Swarms

Screamer-Killer x2

I'm not overly familiar with the Nids, despite playing them recently, but I'm seeing a lot of big bugs.

Anyone have a lot of experience vs Nids, or on this particularly mission, target priority etc. Any input is welcome.

My experience with bugs the past few weeks has been bad. Trying to get objective control is really hard against them. I really didn't expect my exorcist or my multi melta to be so ineffective. Vahl and the suits need a Stat rework.