The Titan is well-painted and detailed. How will you decorate his base?

Thank you! The customer is torn between mars desert or a pale sand style desert environment. I'm going to do schemes for both on separate bases to help him decide. 

Ooh, minimalism. Tasty.

Thanks!

The Warlord has seen a little progress; 

49976869766_8c269a0361_c.jpg

49976869711_0f56d4ec72_c.jpg

I've started the final armour panels since these photos as well as started to gravel up the bases across the maniple. Excited to see him finished as well as begin the Mortis warhounds, as well as finish my own Maniple - which I've started the final warhound. 

C&C welcome

The Warlord looks appropriately intimidating. Excellent work on painting, detailing, and weathering it.

Thank you!

I've made some progress with my own Legio, too. 

49988254533_e781e8e077_c.jpg

Struggling a little with the basing scheme. I was aiming for volcanic style black sand and gravel, its almost impossible to highlight. Considering the weathering powder look now, followed by possibly snow. Thoughts?

Once these are finished, I'll just have the tokens to paint and the contents of the starter set will be finished. 

Edited by GrimmDark

Looking good. For the bases, I wonder if it might be interesting to introduce some colours other than the black and white you’ve mostly got going on. A desert sand might look good, or possibly red Martian dust. Black and white titans on black and white bases will look pretty stark. That might be what you want, of course.

An alternative would be something urban. Check out bbj’s Mortis theead on this board for awesome examples.

The white armor makes the Titans look like literal ghosts haunting the battlefield. Good job.

Thanks!

Looking good. For the bases, I wonder if it might be interesting to introduce some colours other than the black and white you’ve mostly got going on. A desert sand might look good, or possibly red Martian dust. Black and white titans on black and white bases will look pretty stark. That might be what you want, of course.

An alternative would be something urban. Check out bbj’s Mortis theead on this board for awesome examples.

I did originally plan for them to look stark, but seeing it done I'm not sure I like the outcome. I'll check out the thread, thank you!

Basing with granite rock formations might look nice. Add some trees or vegetation for color. Also breaks the base out of 2D.

I'm not sure I'll add vegetation, I've seen it done fantastically but I'm not 100% sure its for me. I'll have a think! 

I've started basing the Mortis stuff.. and I'm experimenting with some brown colouring on my Nivalis bases

49989421711_54a493ec40_c.jpg

I'm still aiming for dark bases, but I think they need some colour. When they're dry I'll post more pictures. 

Hmm...I like the idea of a city totally taken back by nature. So ruins in combination with heavy growth. Could make for a nice contrast with your Titans and Knights.

Good imagination. It may work best for Mechanicus Knights, the backstory being the Knights are there to support an Explorator's efforts to recover an STC fragment and/or archeotech artifact from a long-abandoned hive city.

Nivalis have been updated now.. bases are changed. The ice giants cometh.. 

49995946377_0e96025428_c.jpg

I'm sure I'll find more details to add to them as these kits are incredible, but for the moment they're done and certainly game ready. Just need to have my first game now! 

C&C welcome

Double post - but I got around to getting an updated photo of the Mortis and Malinax commission;

50005796021_689001aba6_c.jpg

Customer is happy, think I'll go back over for some more detailing and weathering but they're getting there. I've started the warhounds but they're just silver and black atm, so no need for photos. 

C&C welcome

Excellent work on the Titans and the Knights.

Thanks!

Most pleasing to see, the subtler basing fits your Nivalis well. Considering vegetation, you could try adding some shrubs and such but give them a brown or red colour to make the Mortis bases livelier without distracting the colour harmony?

It's not upto me what happens with the Mortis stuff, but I'm tempted to add some more detail to my Nivalis. 

Absolutely gorgeous! Two wonderful forces there. I really love the energy glow on both the eyes and the weapons, it is cool you use the same colours. The Nivalis are very ghostly. Well done!

Thanks very much! 

Those are the grimiest Malinax knights I’ve seen, looks awesome.

Thank you! 

I don't have much progress as I've run out of white spirit for thinning oil paints, so I can't work on the Mortis warhounds just yet - but they're painted in and awaiting weathering and details, but no photos yet. 

I got some individual and detail photos of my Nivalis, though, as well as started to name the engines. I've decided to lean into Norse mythology for the names (as they're the Ice Giants) and gone for names based in Jotunheim. 

Firstly we have Hravrundr - Reaver class

50050621962_6ce7db389e_c.jpg

50049798483_34fd0aac2b_c.jpg

Pictured destroying a Warhound class Mortis engine

Veidimadr - the Huntsman - Reaver class

50049798158_7cd917c5e8_c.jpg

50049796818_de7549f77e_c.jpg

Nulfang & Ugingr - Warhound Scouts

50047894457_67f74ecf7b_c.jpg

50047633321_6847fd75d3_c.jpg

50050620272_ffa42ee267_c.jpg

Cerastus Lancers of House Venatores, banner household to the Legio

50050367011_3692e34d35_c.jpg

50047892052_2c3b319101_c.jpg

Going forward with the legio I'm going to build and paint some more weapon options for the engines I have, when lockdown ends I hope to get a few games in and then build onto the Legio further. Right now I'm considering order more Knights of various class, I had a lot of fun building and painting them for both legios and eager to add more. 

C&C welcome