Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6Plus' WIP Log ++ Night Lords, Deathwatch, INQ28 ++

inq28 Night Lords Deathwatch Truescale Conversions

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts

I definitely know the pain of attempting to make .. curious stances on legs work with a truescale - admittedly due to using various grave wardens, tartaroi, cataphractii legs the old fashioned way 

but I reckon he's come out pretty excellent! Well done ! 

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts

I definitely know the pain of attempting to make .. curious stances on legs work with a truescale - admittedly due to using various grave wardens, tartaroi, cataphractii legs the old fashioned way 

but I reckon he's come out pretty excellent! Well done ! 

Thanks!

Yes it's definitely something that I'm looking to improve on. I always lean towards more static, stoic poses and outright avoid the typical marine holding bolter. For my own sanity I think I'll have to just go for the more typical poses as it isn't feasible to extensively convert each mini whilst maintaining momentum and interest in a project. 

• Ryltar Thamior likes this

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts

Quick update on the Space Wolves 30k Kill Team as I've been working on a Fenrisian Wolf companion for my Huscarl. Ever since the release of Rippa's Snarlfangs for Beastgrave I knew I wanted to convert up one of the wolf mounts to count as a Fenrisian Wolf, as it just looks a lot more ferocious than the official 40k sculpts.

Cutting off the goblin rider was easy enough, the challenge followed as I had to resculpt certain patches of fur and the entirety of the leather patch on his back. These pictures I've added a filter to so as to see whether the green stuff work blends in at all. I'm quite happy with my efforts; you can still spot where I've been sculpting but overall I think it will look fine once I've added a lick of paint.

med_gallery_169009_16328_606011.pngmed_gallery_169009_16328_635979.png

• space wolf and BadgersinHills like this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Looking nice! Great idea on using the Snarlfang. 

• 6PlusPainting likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts

Looking nice! Great idea on using the Snarlfang. 

Thanks! 

Quick update on the Wolf. He is now painted and becomes the 2nd member of the SW Kill Team. I'm very happy with how he turned out - I followed the Warhammer TV tutorial which is mostly drybrushing. I was apprehensive at first but think am glad I gave it a go now. A quick and easy paintjob and a nice palette cleanser from power armour. Next up is the next MKII Space Wolf.

gallery_169009_16328_228882.png

I've also got some MKII from Tortuga Bay Studios on the way and am toying with a future Sons of Horus Reaver Kill Team once I've got the Space Wolves done and dusted

• BadgersinHills and Ryltar Thamior like this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Wolf looks nice. :) 

• 6PlusPainting likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inq28, Night Lords, Deathwatch, Truescale, Conversions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users