Traitor Marine, now with pre-shade!

ToyShip

Recently while perusing the W.I.P Forums, I came across Kizzdougs' excellent log, and his CSM to Sons of Horus conversion. So, as is the case with hobby butterfly syndrome I decided to give it a whirl. I have some CSM stuff, and some MkIV stuff so I figured I'd give it a whirl. the results are as follows:

gallery_13174_16417_166944.jpg

gallery_13174_16417_686535.jpg

Now, he's obviously a Traitor late in the Heresy. But the question is which legion does he hail from? I can see him as a Son of Horus, a Word Bearer, or maybe a Night Lord. What do my brothers in the Age of Darkness think? I'm thinking he will be the first in a small Zone Mortalis force, at least for now. We'll see.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Edited by ToyShip

I’m definitely leaning towards Sons of Horus for sake of ease with the kits I have. The Eye marking could just be a sign of being allied to the Warmaster or fighting alongside the Sons. I will be honest I hadn’t given it much thought when throwing him together.

The head is definitely swappable. I am currently lacking in MkIV helmets somehow. So, bare heads until I can order some stuff.

An interesting thought, that. I know there were White Scars and Space Wolves who wanted to side with Horus, maybe a force of dudes from Loyal legions that felt the proper path was alongside Horus. Interesting. Could use Blackshields rules...the wheels turn.

So, I got an airbrush. So I figured I'd give pre-shading a shot. Here are the results:

gallery_13174_16417_71797.jpeg

gallery_13174_16417_13892.jpeg

May have gone a bit heavy handed with the white, but we'll see when I get some color on there!

EDIT!!!

+++++

Threw some paint on his head...happy with most things save for the eyes. Those Emperor-Damned things are impossible. More practice!

gallery_13174_16417_27242.jpeg

gallery_13174_16417_30563.jpeg

Edited by ToyShip