This is great stuff, it also does show they think of providing value to the consumer as well , 6 heavy weapons from a single box ...

to be honest you’ll never see GW giving this kind of value In their kits (yes I know GW’s plastics are way better ) but it shows if a smaller company can sell a product and give some value...why can’t they ?!?...

Mithril

This is great stuff, it also does show they think of providing value to the consumer as well , 6 heavy weapons from a single box ...

to be honest you’ll never see GW giving this kind of value In their kits (yes I know GW’s plastics are way better ) but it shows if a smaller company can sell a product and give some value...why can’t they ?!?...

Mithril

To be honest, from my experience with the raumjagers, grognards and the afghans that I built recently, while there is room for improvement on the kits, like indication of pairs of arms and such, quality wise, especially given the company is very recent, the gap is not that big compared to GW. At least not big enough to justify the price difference.

Obviously, there is the production in China versus UK, but I doubt material+wages has increased as much as GW's prices over the last few years and with volume sales the wages end up having little impact when the machines do most of the job.

That aside, the kits are nice to build and while some things will have mistakes that show they are beginners, overall you get what you pay and you don't spend much, so it is a good balance. I suspect things will improve over the years and the only issue I see at the moment is that their europe distribution centre is in the UK, which will end the transition period in Decembre and then it will be more costly to pay the import fees than the kits :( or go with retaillers which have a very liberal pricing scheme :|

Well any historical kit is perfect for guard, especially if the right scale!

YDXtjw-kd-PGtt2b-SFLAOkl-TM9-t-Uxg-Rper-

a99d83_6725114.jpg

Yup, I used a box of Perry British Napoleonic and some cut down Skitarii Ranger rifles to make mine.

http://imgur.com/gallery/RzMNJLy

Think I'm gonna get some of these to use as Vets and Scions when I expand the force.

Really lovely work!

Those Frenchies look good, Im tempted at getting some just for the heads with hats on :) 

After tinkering with a sprue of the WW1 Germans I think they are very skinny compared to Guard minis, height is ok but they look very anorexic. 

Anybody picked up the Halflings yet? They might make good Ratling snipers. 

Those Frenchies look good, Im tempted at getting some just for the heads with hats on :smile.: 

After tinkering with a sprue of the WW1 Germans I think they are very skinny compared to Guard minis, height is ok but they look very anorexic. 

I have not picked up the Halflings, but I have seen some conversions being posted on the Wargames Atlantic group on facebook, mostly Halflings with grognards arms and also with the german arms. They had some work to fit the arms, but nothing serious and it didn't look that odd scale wise.

Here is an example I found after lots of scrolling:

117310053_10214242261730994_224242117249

Those Frenchies look good, Im tempted at getting some just for the heads with hats on :smile.: 

I have not picked up the Halflings, but I have seen some conversions being posted on the Wargames Atlantic group on facebook, mostly Halflings with grognards arms and also with the german arms. They had some work to fit the arms, but nothing serious and it didn't look that odd scale wise.

Here is an example I found after lots of scrolling:

117310053_10214242261730994_224242117249

Not bad, the rifles dont scream 40k to me but thats easily fixed anyway so no biggy. I may actually get a whole box of the Halflings and any I dont use for my Guard will become Bretonnian Men at Arms. 

If we badger Wargames Atlantic enough think we could get them to do some Ogres with alt gun arms as well? 

The grognards rifles looked more 40k, but I couldn't find that conversion, too many posts and too little to search for.

Ogres have been mentioned as something people want in their facebook group, but I doubt they would do larger models for now. Like the lizards it would likely be a fantasy/sci-fi thing.
In time they might get to it, lets wait and see.

I did mention Ogres last night on FB, the guy seemed keen on that or Trolls. Personally not fussed what they do first, either way I get conversion fodder for Ogryns or Chaos Spawn so all is good. :) 

Yay new stuff I need!!! 

Just had an actual look at the kit, think I have found the sniper rifles Im gonna use on the Halfling conversions :thumbsup:

I think the box art has the minis on the mat that came in Deadzone... Not like thats important or anything lol

Just noticed the icon bearer head looks like lord flashheart. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

For those wondering about scale, here is one of the Grognards mixed with bolt action and other 40k bits.

med_gallery_75911_16694_691494.jpg

and some Krieg chappys using some of the Great war bits.
med_gallery_75911_16694_55859.jpg

I got more stuff but I dont have time to sort and share images, Ill do that later if ppl are interested.

I believe this is a sneak peak of the WW1 French...

gallery_75911_16694_57701.png

*Breathes heavily and gasmask fogs up*

They seem to have the same neck fitting as the Germans, headswaps aplenty!!

Very excited about these!
I still have the WW1 Germans sitting in the boxes waiting. Almost wish I hadn't bought them just because I have yet to do anything with them.  I've been waiting on this WW1 French box. 
My Imperial Guard looks like it will double in size next year. 
I really love how affordable these models are. 

All I need from them now is cavalry and Ill be happy. Artillery would be nice but I cant see that happening for a very long time if it does at all. 

Gonna have fun mixing the french ww1 with the grognard heavy weapons. :D 

My Halfling sprue has turned up, these look like great minis even before I convert them into Snipers... They seem to have the same neck/head connection as the WW1 Germans so head swapping shouldn't be too much of a fuss... 

Ngl I am contemplating a full Soviet themed Halfling army now... 

Had a play about with the Halflings and some bits from the WW1 Germans.

med_gallery_75911_16694_399775.jpg

Started giving them assorted whatnots and doodads they have picked up or stolen along the way.

med_gallery_75911_16694_404479.jpg

'They dont like it up them Sir!!!'

Already named this chap Jonesy.

med_gallery_75911_16694_804446.jpg

Still gotta give them a trim and get mould lines off in places. The guns are not perfect but the Grognard heavy weapon sprue has a nice sniper rifle that I want to use. That will give me an excuse to buy and convert a better unit of Snipers and these will get used as a basic Ratling infantry squad and will get bumped up to ten men.

Hell I might even make a Ratling tank commander in the classic 'Drive me closer so I can hit him with my frying pan!!' pose. Oh yeah theres even a tiny chicken and a frying pan on the sprue as well, I LOVE this kit. :wub:

++EDIT++

I forgot, here is a scale shot (with added base) next to a Cadian, Krieger, and a Grognard.

med_gallery_75911_16694_240851.jpg

The guy from WGA mentioned on FB that the Halfling Cavalry  will have command options etc that can be mixed in with the infantry... Thats nice but now I cant stop thinking about 3 foot Kriegers on ponies...

Tiny gasmask men, on tiny ponies, charging bloody Chaos marines... Oh my..!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Thats how you make money  from me GW, offer me cool kits I dont know I need until I see them instead of another Primaris Lt... 

The guy from WGA mentioned on FB that the Halfling Cavalry  will have command options etc that can be mixed in with the infantry... Thats nice but now I cant stop thinking about 3 foot Kriegers on ponies...

Tiny gasmask men, on tiny ponies, charging bloody Chaos marines... Oh my..!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Thats how you make money  from me GW, offer me cool kits I dont know I need until I see them instead of another Primaris Lt... 

That's funny I just say tiny Germans on the FB page.  

I'm starting to think I should preorder the Grognards heavy weapons earlier than I had planned to. I was expecting I'd order more NU-Space Marine kits but haven't felt the urgency to do that. If the unit I am waiting on drops this weekend the Heavy weapons will have to wait if not then I'll probably place my order, it's more of a budget thing than a delivery thing at this time of year.