Post a pic of the last game you played.

mughi3

did a large game of our hybrid 5th ed 40K (2,700 points)

Dusted off my old dark angels for a spin (the master of the ravenwing speeder is standing in as a normal tornado to fill points) using the 6th ed codex

sJyvjFr.jpg

I was fighting chaos of course...servants of the blood god from the 3.5 codex

nerfi1p.jpg

My dice absolutely hated me this game, it was all pretty much over by turn 3

IrZlXZQ.jpg Edited by mughi3

M33WrOk.jpgBack with a huge battle

did a 5,700 point apocalypse level 5th edition game with one of those "lets see what it is like to put your entire army on the table" games. 

Edited by mughi3

I had this Deathwing Knight engage in a deadly duel with Typhus himself, last friday!

Awesome fight, where my Terminator managed to take out the lord of the Death Guard. Only to then get himself absolutely crushed by a combined charge between 5 chaos spawn and 10 plague marines.

IMG-20210226-184035354.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A couple games on the list tonight

dark angels VS chaos (khorne) playing our  house rules 5th edition pitting the 3rd ed angels dex VS the 3.5 chaos dex.

vkCs7I2.jpg

Edited by mughi3

• 3 weeks later...

We did a special matchup of our hybrid 5th ed game (finally..took 3 weeks to get our schedules together)

the force match up (5th ed rules)

chaos khorne army 3.5 codex VS salamanders space marines 5th codex with grey knight allies 3rd codex. 

the special set up for this game was trying to get as many infantry and less used models on the table with limiting vehicles to dreadnoughts. 

we also had mysterious terrain rules in play hence the reason for all the trees. 

The game was great fun. the marines didn't last long but the GKs did what GKs are supposed to do especially when it was the 2 codexes that were the best designed for fighting each other in any edition GW has every made.  

His bloodletters gained sustained assault because the GKs were on the table, but they failed to come in from reserve until turn 4 so they didn't get to come back more than 1 time. 

The most epic battle was his contemptor VS my ironclad. they both scored 3 penetraiting hits and blew each other up. 

This was the top of turn 2

Uw4BxvZ.jpg

This was the end of turn 6

wqHT1Mo.jpg

Tonight was another of our hybrid 5th ed games with admech (7th ed) going up against iron warriors (3.5 ed).

I am not feeling the desire to paint any more of this army so i ended up using proxies via AT 43 pre-painted minis, just as my enemy used his crimson fists to stand in as some of his chaos marines. 

8SxGyLz.jpg

A section of the battle-

FcMqxLv.jpg

Edited by mughi3

• 2 weeks later...

K3eZEJH.jpgA busy night at the FLGS
had loads of games going on between 40K (9th and 5th ed) battletech, warmachine, DUST etc...

The mechanicus came out for another match against the forces of chaos for a very close fought game

We started this game at about 7:30 am....so i had been at the store since 2:30PM the previous afternoon. since lots of stuff was going on the entire night we deciided to just do another quick and dirty game because of how long we had been there. 

This was a bit of a rematch from the game posted earlier in this topic. 

I have changed the list up a bit loosing the 2 iron striders, and the small squad of infiltrators for a full 6 man squad of cataphron destroyers with heavy grave cannons and a cognis flamers.

The remade list

HQ

domius

TROOP

X6 breachers

X6 destroyers

ELITE

.X10 infiltrators

FAST

.assault drill

HEAVY

.X2 dunecrawler W/neutron laser

.X1 dunecrawlwe w/icarus array

SUPERHEAVY DETACHMENT

.macharius

This time around he did not mishap his obliterators to their death. although one squad got repositioned 

Once again killing those chaos gifted predators proved to be nearly impossible with my dice rolling but the real game changer was the grav cannons making short work of all his infantry units since he was running tactical marines and obliterators. 

The centerpiece model of the macharius fits the theme (i play lucius FW where they are built) and looks really cool, but it really didn't add much to this battle being little more than glorified double leman russ MBT. 

The game went to turn 6 with admech pulling off a win. 

I should have lost a few more units....but odd dice rolls happen. 

4djMuCM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back to some 40K related games. 

a couple weeks ago we had a big BFG battle between imperial forces and chaos

x5yC0LS.jpg

Then this weekend we had a new player to our group revisiting his TAU in our hybrid 5th edition games with a battle first against my admech

5 objectives battle was end to end deployment that ended in a tie

xAVBFMX.jpg

The next game was against our iron warrior player also end to end with a single center objective that was moveable

chaos castled on the objective and tau just could not break him, giving chaos the win. 

rihtrOh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
A little action tonight..literally

Ran a demo game of epic 40K elysians VS DKOK 

TdlN6PZ.jpg

Then a large group of us did a special scenario old school (5th ed ) kill team game

Four player kill team bug hunt

Each player made a 250 kill team and fought other each from the 4 corners of the map,  but it happened during a tyranid invasion so starting on turn two 1k worth of random tyranids started showing up trying to eat the other 4 players. 

the players were

.space marines (salamanders-me)

.skitarii

.imperial guard

.tyranids (different hive fleet)

MVP went to the IG ogryn who chased a gene stealer brood off the table from CC. 

Z3d9BxX.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another packed house at the FLGS last night with a bunch of new faces, always a good time.

We started of things with a couple big multi-player classic 5th ed kill teams with 4 plaers startign in the 4 corners of the map in 10" box deployment zones. It was marines in 2 corners( loaned out one of my spare kill teams), imperial guard and orks. the second was a different set of objectives with one of the marine players swapping out for a tau force.

Sadly i was having so much fun with the game i completely forgot about pictures until the end of the second game. so all i have is pictures of the table

Y2rzbfj.jpg

12lD6Zz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Quick ones

We did a little multi-player king of the hill kill team battle- the oblits were stand ins for custodes. 

OUXmxGd.jpg

Then we ended the night running my proxy warhound titan with the extremely old rules from FW for using a superheavys in normal games of 40K  made long before apocalypse ever came out.

SWb2KqE.jpg

All sorts of fun tonight

Some classic 5th ed kill teams

EcZVF6R.jpg

A little 3rd edition iron on iron action with the hands going up against the warriors. 

UIB80aG.jpg

And we top it off with a BFG choas on chaos fleet battle. thousand son VS world eaters. 

MipkDFx.jpg

The second battleship on the khorne side was actually supposed to be the grand cruiser, but he didn't have a base for it so we used a stand in. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kill teams has been really popular at the FLGS as a way to get in some fast games with multiple players.

We had both a large 4 player game with 5 objectives imperial guard vs iron hands vs salamanders vs tempestor scions

UwWQmF4.jpg

The second was a 1v1 game of iron hands vs imperial guard in an indoor setting.

Ey0Zorl.jpg

The rest of our games were non-40K related so that's it for today.

Oops edit-forgot this one-

Old edition classic- 3.5 iron warriors VS 3rd edition armored company

hBihCi7.jpg

Edited by mughi3

In the world of 40K gaming this weekend, IG battle the imperial guard and the tau face off against an ork horde in 2 5th edition games.

I played in the first, i was an assistant in the second game.

ITl9IBM.jpg

vL0OOVY.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I had a training match for a local placements tournament I am playing just before Halloween. It was a great game 2000 point game. Between my Dark Angel Successors and a very mechanized list of Death Guard. A specially complicated match up for me, because we were both playing lists that were good en resilience, but my list was lacking firepower to break armor, whilst his had very good anti armor and anti infantry firepower.

In the end, I did manage to score a 73 over 60 for a win, in the fifth round, but it was an uphill struggle, I can assure you. 

Then again, those games are by far the best, aren't they? When you really, REALLY have to work for a win, and every decision matters. In a battle that goes blow for blow, from start to finish.

IMG-20211006-130552292-1.jpg

IMG-20211006-130612224.jpg

There's a picture of the overview of the table for the game.

Here are some other pictures of the armies. Lined up and up close, if you'd like to see them.

Hidden Content
IMG-20211006-130600068.jpg

IMG-20211006-130555146.jpg

IMG-20211006-130557551.jpg

IMG-20211006-130602688.jpg

IMG-20211006-130605503.jpg

IMG-20211006-130608129.jpg