Your grey pile of biomass/shame

Xenith

There was the original lanky hive guard with two left arms forming a shield on the same side, who were replaced by the big beasties in the previous photo, then with the plastic sprue. 

I've located my nids in storage and done a quick headcount of some - about 10 more gaunts and a few more bits and bobs than I recalled. Pretty sure I have like 4 spare carnifexes - I think I wanted to convert one to a Malanthrope using the Hive Tyrant flying tail and some other gribbly bits. 

Edited by Xenith

Yea, One will will become Old One Eye at least, he seems like he had a great run in 8th, and if GW are cranking abilities and stuff up to the max for 9th, I'm imagining he's going to be an unkillable regenerating battering ram of doom. He already seems pretty good if you use the regen 1 wound per turn hive fleet - 2W/ turn back seems tasty.

Looked in another box and found another 55 Hormagaunts lurking there. Think that's why I knew I needed more scything talons...:sweat:

Added to the list.

Is that how it works here, we go edit our original post?

That's how I'll be doing it - my first post serves as an inventory of all the nids I have, and I can check my progress on crossing models off the list as I paint them. 

I’ve made a couple of orders for my Nids!

My first order is still being picked (GW Exclusive stuff) but my second order (which included the Start Collecting box for £45!!)

has just arrived today! I was supposed to be working on my bruv’s Primaris but couldn’t resist working on the new shiny stuff!

I’ve converted a Lictor out of the Broodlord! Really pleased with it, I’ll put up an update once it’s painted.

I'm sure it will; the pile rarely gets smaller :laugh.: I need to reassess mine as I rummaged a little yesterday and found the original metal Hive Tyrant and that one of the metal fexes was actually Old One Eye. When I get time I will need to sort it out properly as a lot of bits are all in together so it's hard to know what's what. Or what goes where :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Something managed to infiltrate my house...+1 Lictor...

This is absolutely fine: As a Predator fan, the invisible stealth killer aliens are one of my favourite units both model and lore-wise, and the goal is to have a full force org chart of them. 

Edited by Xenith

I found a small toy shop on a country ramble in Bakewell (home of the tarts/puddings) yesterday and seen the two checkout attendants were reading the SM codex :teehee:  we had a good chat and they had some stuff at a nice discount, so snagged another 3 zoanthropes... some of my favorite models/units anyway. I'm just wondering whether to make these as floaty snake things, or as walking old school type ones, and make some venomthropes instead. I realised I'm slowly running out of warrior legs, and if I make 3 zoans, 2 more lictors, I wont have many left for another large warrior unit...

1x Harpy down.

After a week of painting sessions, the Harpy/Crone is there bar the basing.

gallery_58096_13272_166811.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_79470.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_43861.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with this one, my first monster done entirely with contrast (bar some screamer pink in the joints). Contrast is really super, and I'll be using it on all my nids going forwards.

Update 9/11/2020

-1 Lictor

Just the basing left to do on the LictorFish:

gallery_58096_13272_345982.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_36042.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_68581.jpg

gallery_58096_13272_16899.jpg

They're maybe hard to see, but here's a close-up of the striations on the carapace that features on all my (big) bugs. It's white-on-grey, so could maybe stand out more.

gallery_58096_13272_118427.jpg

Edited by Xenith

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a Lictor and The Red Terror in trade, but I've already painted them so they don't count.

I also got another 10 Gargoyles for Christmas, but I got another 10 Termagaunts painted so they've been offset already.

...checking my records I seem to have painted up seven more Genestealers and their Infestation Nodes since the last time I posted as well. Forgot about those.

• 1 month later...

My wife has discovered my pile of shame

So I have to at least build some before she loses her rag!

I made a 2k pts list so I’ll be building to that.

To finish it up I will be doing 2 Genestealers, 10 Termagants and 3 more Hive Guard.

Not much I reckon. Can’t wait for lockdown to end so I can get some games in with people over the age of 13!!!