Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ashen Griffons, a homebrew chapter by BBJ

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda
That is awesome. Especially eye drawing is that painted on texture!

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Very nice, those faces 😮!
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

That is some incredible paintwork! The paintjobs on Indomitus Chaplain and Bladeguard Lieutenant are works of art. Also getting a bit of a Red Scorpions vibe from your colour scheme.

Fantastic job all around!

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

That is some incredible paintwork! The paintjobs on Indomitus Chaplain and Bladeguard Lieutenant are works of art. Also getting a bit of a Red Scorpions vibe from your colour scheme.

Fantastic job all around!

Not gonna lie, Red Scorpions were a big inspiration for the scheme, but I've done a Red Scorpions army before and painting the yellow pad rims and helmet stripes takes aaaaaaaages! So I figured why not just paint those parts all one colour and save a lot of time.
  • KrautScientist likes this

My Red Scorpions project log and the glorious nipplewing!  Now with added Primaris.

gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif gallery_48988_16045_6601.png

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
Got the second batch of assault intercessors finished and photographed yesterday, it was only once I'd varnished them that i realized they should have Assault markings instead of tactical 😂

Bladeguard next!

gallery_43855_16535_93514.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_678722.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_306921.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_31006.jpeg

And an updated group shot;
gallery_43855_16535_878793.jpeg
  • Doghouse, Focslain, Azaiel and 28 others like this

My Red Scorpions project log and the glorious nipplewing!  Now with added Primaris.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Intercessors.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
Been working nights so not much painting time, but I've been plugging away on the Bladeguard. I started batch painting them initially but quickly decided against it, so I'm starting with the Ancient;
gallery_43855_16535_472288.jpeg
  • Doghouse, Magos Takatus, Bryan Blaire and 7 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Very nice that cloth ☺
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
Oh wow - the colour scheme suits that Lieutenant perfectly! Perfectly executed too.

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

Beautiful stuff dude. I follow you on Instagram, saw this thread and was like wait a minute, I recognise those!

Great work. The Chaplain is magnificent!

• blackbabyjesus likes this

gallery_45765_12339_531.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Instagram - cretacianborn

Twitter - cretacianborn

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
Finally finished the Bladeguard Ancient, working nights the last couple of weeks has really slowed me down 😩 that said, I'm glad I didn't compromise on quality as I'm super happy with how he turned out. Gonna paint the 3 Bladeguard themselves next, though I'll probably finish them off individually.

gallery_43855_16535_405629.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_63398.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_33010.jpeg
  • Doghouse, Sandalphon, Magos Takatus and 18 others like this

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Mind if I ask what grey and yellow you used?

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
Beautiful work on the Ancient. Whose skeleton is displayed on his standard?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts

Mind if I ask what grey and yellow you used?

Of course! The grey is as follows;
Black undercoat, Vallejo track primer, track primer and Vallejo German WW2 cam beige 50:50 zenithal highlight with the aorbrush. Then edge highlight with a mix of track primer and cam beige until the final highlight is just cam beige on the very sharpest edges. At the very end I gloss varnish and use gloss nuln oil to get all the recesses and panel lines.

Yellow is averland sunset as a basecoat, Vallejo moon yellow airbrushed onto the top 50%, seraphim sepia airbrushed onto the bottom 20-30%. Gloss varnish again and a panel line with agrax earthshade gloss and an edge highlight with averland sunset and white in a 50:50 mix.

Whole model gets a coat of Vallejo satin varnish at the end to dull down the shine from the gloss.

Haven't really thought about it...

But he's now honoured brother Ateles, his body was found in the ruins of vigilus surrounded by 22 dead Black Legion heretics. Posthumously decorated by Roboute Guilliman himself his bones were interred in the chapter mausoleum on Ostrides IV. With the mobilisation of the first, second and sixth fellowships to the Pariah Nexus, Honoured Brother Ateles' remains are borne into battle by Honoured Ancient Pavo of the first fellowship Bladeguard.

Edited by blackbabyjesus, 31 August 2020 - 07:31 AM.

• Black Blow Fly and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
Really brilliant again. The yellow just works so well with those models - it really pops on those helmets.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts

Haven't really thought about it...

But he's now honoured brother Ateles, his body was found in the ruins of vigilus surrounded by 22 dead Black Legion heretics. Posthumously decorated by Roboute Guilliman himself his bones were interred in the chapter mausoleum on Ostrides IV. With the mobilisation of the first, second and sixth fellowships to the Pariah Nexus, Honoured Brother Ateles' remains are borne into battle by Honoured Ancient Pavo of the first fellowship Bladeguard.
This is a well-written backstory. Brother Ateles' spirit bear witness as his descendants wreak vengeance upon his murderers' descendants, and be happy.

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
A few days pass and I've painted a bit more, late stage WIP on these dudes, all they need now is a bit more micro sol on the decals, a coat of satin varnish and the bases doing. Another hour of work and they'll be finished!

gallery_43855_16535_586199.jpg
  • Magos Takatus, Black Blow Fly, Lysimachus and 19 others like this

Dwango

Dwango

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 512 posts
  • Faction: 30k dark angels
Oooh they're nice!
Link to my thread - [url="http://www.bolterand...angos-thread/"]

Current event badges
Hidden Content

Past event badges
Hidden Content

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
Finished the Bladeguard yesterday, didn't have black elite shoulder marking transfers so they're white with black skulls. As a result the colour of the right shoulder pad marking now denotes the company the marine is from, most of my army will be 5th company with black markings.

gallery_43855_16535_336807.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_110513.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_84635.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_810805.jpeg
  • jaxom, Sandalphon, Magos Takatus and 17 others like this

Yosef Hausakluif

Yosef Hausakluif

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
  • Faction: Too many to list!
Your style is so clean and smooth; I’m envious of your skills!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
The Bladeguard models are well-posed, painted, and detailed. Excellent work.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Yours are, hands-down, the best Indomitus models I have seen so far! Brilliant work!

blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
Polished off the eradicators this morning, first go at painting non-caucasian skin, which is really shameful when I realise I've been painting minis on and off since 1993.

gallery_43855_16535_473856.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_681246.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_674027.jpeg
gallery_43855_16535_402367.jpeg
  • Sandalphon, Magos Takatus, Black Blow Fly and 17 others like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,074 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

There is a lot of winning going on in here, but I love love the Librarian.

Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
Good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users