Black Library Reader's Choice 2020/21

Roomsky

Not surprised Dead Men Walking won what with all the silly Krieg memes around and it's reputation as a decent read. Similarly The Daemon's Curse was always going to win the Fantasy vote by virtue of 'brand awareness' in Malus but I still wanted Riders of the Dead to win.

I'm not too gutted since I only just got my hard copy of Fire Caste from the partworks- thing, but I would've preferred the original coloured cover and for a less limited release of it so others could get into Fehervari's stuff. Ah well.

Edited by Lord Marshal

That's probably the most annoying and disappointing win for 40k. Happy for Darkblade - still love the book and wish they'd continued the series properly instead of End Times'ing it - but Dead Men Walking doesn't belong there, especially since it's been well Omnibus'd.

Gutted firecast didn’t get a reprint. I was a late comer to all things Fehervari and only have a second hand eBay copy and I am planning a reread some time. A new copy would have made a reread all the better. Although I’m sure at some point we will get a Fehervari omnibus.

The two winner are good books so it’s not all that surprising.