Crusade

What are some good Word Bearers tactics? I have a Crusade Campaign going on and I've been struggling.

Whats your existing collection? Are you open to new purchases right now ? Current list ? What are your oponnents using/ doing ? Kinda hard to recommend anything without any real details....

My 25 Power level current list is a Dark Apostle with Apostle of the Dark Council, The Voice of Lorgar, Warpsight Plea and Dark Zealotry prayers, and the Epistle of Lorgar relic. Two barebones five man CSM squads unmarked and a squad of two Slaaneshi Obliterators.

My 25 Power level current list is a Dark Apostle with Apostle of the Dark Council, The Voice of Lorgar, Warpsight Plea and Dark Zealotry prayers, and the Epistle of Lorgar relic. Two barebones five man CSM squads unmarked and a squad of two Slaaneshi Obliterators.

I got about the same list because those are some of the models i have from the other half of shadowspear, besides the dark apostle (uses the Dark Vengeance dude with power maul). I don't have a 50 PL army list yet.

My first crusade list has basically almost the same loadout as your Dark Apostle minus Voice of Lorgar. I got  the Apostle of the Dark Council only with Dark Zealotry, Warpsight plea, and Illusory Suplication. 2 x 5 CSM, 1 Chainsword and champ with PF and Mark of Khorne, icon of wrath, and the other is the Plasma pistol, chainaxe, with autocannon bolter squad, Undivided & Icon of Vengeance.

I played a few games with them, and found that with a buff bot Dark Apostle, my Oblits have to roll good at the fleshmetal otherwise the army kinda fold. 5 CSM just witthered against hilariously cheap Poiwer Level Primaris Marines (1 PL difference for twice the wound, ridiculously cheap even in Power Level). After some losing streak and me screwed up on the crusade record, i resetted my army.

I''m using the same list again, and this time switch my Dark Apostle to a melee blender. Apostle of Dark Council, still accursed crozius (don't want to bleed Crusade Points early in the game to give my mostly marines opponent more CP for transhuman... the bane of Oblits). The prayers i gave him were Dark Zealotry, Illusory Supplication, and Omen of Potency. I am a lot more comfortable with this list because the Dark Apostle was such a combat beast. He would definitely get Cursed Crozius for his next level up and he will get the warlord trait for the 1 extra wound from faith & fury.

This guy has lots of attack, more opportunity for more attacks with Death to the False Emperor and the reroll from Dark Zealotry. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the wording on Dark Zealotry was reroll all hit rolls, including successful ones. With DA 2+ to hit, i usually just reroll anything NOT 6, and try to fish out more 6 for Death to the False Emperor. His would be cursed crozius would be a god sent weapon too with imperial heavy crusade players in my gaming environment.

Just my 2 cents.