Flesh Tearers - The Sons Of Seth - viewasjack

cretacianborn

Outstanding!

I've always really liked the Phobos look, my only objection is I think the Incursors/Infiltrators both have a little too much clutter with all those optics and antenna.

Yeah I agree, they could be a little smaller, more subdued for sure. I wasn't a fan of the big bulky scope on the Incursor carbine which is why I used the Infiltrator ones, but it just added more!

• 2 weeks later...

50978166588_3f39c49768_c.jpg

50978978282_c3a7f0f654_c.jpg

50978868301_d2b59dcbaf_c.jpg

50978165738_7034807ac1_c.jpg

50978977792_e3091fa322_c.jpg

50978977477_943293c8e5_c.jpg

Chaplain Orsin, newly assigned to the Flesh Tearers 2nd Company post-Devastation of Baal by High Chaplain Apollus himself.

Finished up my Indomitus Chaplain last night after about a week or so of a painting. Chuffed with how he came out, and really nice to sit down and enjoy painting a single model and not working my way through a squad batch painting. First time using some of the Scale 75 metallic range and was really impressed with them. I had to do the head swap because as cool as the bare head is on the original model, a chaplain should always have a skull helm in my eyes. It's such an iconic feature of them. Plus it means I can use that head somewhere else!

I've really got back into the groove painting wise and have already got the next project on my desk, some more assault intercessors to bulk my two squads out, and then a small squad of six Hellblasters to give me some sort of ranged bite. I've worked out a 1000 point list too and would like to get some peoples opinions on it at some point, I'll post it at a later date. It mainly just encompasses what I have painted but would be nice to get advice on warlord traits, relics etc. I haven't played a game of 40k since 3rd Edition so I'm still very much learning tabletop wise.

I also realised I never posted any finished squad pics of my Terminators or Incursors so I'll get those up at some point too.

Oh, and before I forget, I treated myself to a little something, this should be next after the Intercessors and Hellblasters...

50978977987_67e62d323e_z.jpg

There really is something in your clean way of painting, brother ;) The Chaplain came out excellent. I really like the purple cloth - it adds to the sinister feel any Chaplain should have. Totally agree on the skull-helmet. And oh, those small aquilas!! But I think i like the iron soles of his boot the most :D - superb touch! 

There really is something in your clean way of painting, brother :wink: The Chaplain came out excellent. I really like the purple cloth - it adds to the sinister feel any Chaplain should have. Totally agree on the skull-helmet. And oh, those small aquilas!! But I think i like the iron soles of his boot the most :biggrin.: - superb touch! 

Hah! The metallic soles is just something I've always done without really thinking about it, but a fair few people comment on it. I find it just gives a nice little bit of separation and picks the feet out a little. 

Thanks for the kind words dude!

How do you do the script on your purity seals?  I love the tiny details like the aquilas and stamps.

Thanks man!

The little stamps, skulls and aquilla's are actually off the Indomitus transfer sheet I think, they're tiny so you really have to hunt for them. As long as you apply them right and then shade the area after they settle in quite well.

The tiny bits of gothic lettering are off a transfer sheet a guy here on B&CS was selling a while back. I'm not sure if they're still in stock though.

Link here.

Nice work on the chappie! Painting looks very crisp and the glowing eyes really completes the overall model!

Just wondering what colour do you use for painting the handle? Seems like the same one that GW uses but I can't for the life of me find the colour reference anywhere! 

Nice work on the chappie! Painting looks very crisp and the glowing eyes really completes the overall model!

Just wondering what colour do you use for painting the handle? Seems like the same one that GW uses but I can't for the life of me find the colour reference anywhere!

Thanks man! Your firstborn marines look amazing so that's some high praise!

So the recipe for the Crozius handle from memory was:

Basecoat VMA Gory Red (Or Khorne Red)

Recess line the handle with Flesh Tearers Red/Black Templar contrast about 70/30.

Tidy up the diamond faces with the base coat.

Highlight every diamond edge with Wazdakka (This took forever)

Highlight the top halves of each diamond with Evil Sunz Scarlett.

Dot highlight of Wild Rider Red on each top point of the diamonds.

Really nice work, easily one of my favourite projects on the board.

Cheers dude, hopefully I'll have some more up soon!

Thanks man! Your firstborn marines look amazing so that's some high praise!

So the recipe for the Crozius handle from memory was:

Basecoat VMA Gory Red (Or Khorne Red)

Recess line the handle with Flesh Tearers Red/Black Templar contrast about 70/30.

Tidy up the diamond faces with the base coat.

Highlight every diamond edge with Wazdakka (This took forever)

Highlight the top halves of each diamond with Evil Sunz Scarlett.

Dot highlight of Wild Rider Red on each top point of the diamonds.

Thanks! Really appreciate the detailed explanation and the diamond edging work you've done really shows! Definitely worth the time and effort you put into it. 

• 2 months later...

So real life got in the way (again) so I've been pretty quiet these last few months, however I haven't been completely unproductive.

I've managed to get a bunch of terrain built and painted, along with four more Intercessors to bulk out both my squads to seven now. I've got some more Outriders up next, hopefully it won't take me three months to paint them this time! Pushing up towards 1000 points painted now. I'll try and get a group shot of the force so far when I get a moment.

Thanks all!

51221052955_e908390688_c.jpg

51220163988_2731fce28a_c.jpg

51219231872_6f9feefdbe_c.jpg

51219945291_fe11756f0a_c.jpg

51221019800_f9996dab9e_c.jpg

Good job on the Primaris Marines. Couldn't help but think they need bloodstains, as appreciate for the Flesh Tearers Chapter.

Thanks Bjorn! I do intend to add blood effects to the marines once I've painted more of the force and tested out some blood/weathering techniques. I agree Flesh Tearers shouldn't look pristine but I'm not confident enough to attempt it just yet! I still need to varnish and add grass tufts too...

Simply amazing work!

Cheers bud! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

51294361698_50facdd9c6_c.jpg

51293438142_2990185dcc_c.jpg

51295186910_1776013c66_c.jpg

51294899674_31784c1e2f_c.jpg

51295186865_25f2182c2f_c.jpg

51294899599_d441e19681_c.jpg

I realised I never posted a finished squad picture of the first Incursors I worked on. Nestled them amongst some of the terrain I finished recently and got some snaps of them. Hope you guys enjoy! :smile.:

Managed to get quite a few things built these last few weeks. I have some more Outriders in the pipeline, followed by another Chaplain on bike to join them, another squad of Incursors and then to finally start on the Repulsor I've had built but am way too scared to start. More WIP's soon hopefully!