Flesh Tearers - The Sons Of Seth - viewasjack

cretacianborn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

51356955856_66aa26aa57_c.jpg

51357970410_aa08351994_c.jpg

51356955741_9cfa8ec9bf_c.jpg

Three more outriders fresh off the paint table. Apologies for some areas being slightly out of focus. Trying to get some pictures of these guys on an iPhone is really hard!

Brings my total to six now. I hear they're not that great on the tabletop but they're fast (as far as primaris go) and they have chainswords which suits my army fine! 

I'll try and get some images of the whole force up at some point, really happy with how it's starting to come together. I think I'm roughly at about 1000 points so far. I've got a primaris chaplain on bike to go along with these guys I'm painting at the moment, base coats are done, then another 5-man squad of incursors and a repulsor built and primed. That should push me into 1500 point territory.

I'm starting to think I should invest in some fire support at some point though, maybe some Hellblasters or regular Intercessors for objective holding? Everything I have at the moment is quite combat focused. Which I guess is where the sons of Cretacia are best suited but still!

I'm going to dip in and out of painting the Repulsor alongside other units. It's the biggest model I'll have painted and I don't want to burn out on it. I'll hopefully be back at some point with some images of the bike chaplain and the force as a whole.

Cheers brothers!

• 3 weeks later...

51395066811_2e1d8878ff_c.jpg

51395066676_5bd1349d37_c.jpg

51395328653_57d5080fe6_c.jpg

51394301902_d3d4ab94f7_c.jpg

51394301712_0f8fece8d3_c.jpg

Got my biker Chaplain finished up to go alongside my six Outriders. I think that's the last bike I'm painting for a while! Fun model to paint though and managed to get him finished quicker than I expected.

I'm going to make a start on another squad of Incursors before Kill-Team arrives next week. Will hopefully be back with some more updates sooner rather than later!

I love it. How you make the tires look like rubber while the black metal just pops. Did you use a different black for the tires?

Cheers! Yeah the black on the wheels is Abaddon Black, which has a bit of a satin shine when it's dry which kind of resembles rubber. The black on the chassis is Vallejo Colour Black, which is very matte. Glad someone noticed though!

That's really nice blends on the skull! And Crozius' handle is superbly highlighted :smile.:

The dusting on tyres on the other hand kinda makes me wish you added some of that dust or some scratches to the armour plates as well though :wink:

Thanks mate! I actually felt I rushed the handle a little to get it finished there's a few slip ups here and there.

With regards to the weathering I'm still terrified to add stuff like that to model I've spent ages highlighting and screw it up. I need to just make the jump and start practising with powders and adding chips/dents etc...we'll see! I can always go back and add it later :smile.:

With regards to the weathering I'm still terrified to add stuff like that to model I've spent ages highlighting and screw it up. 

I can totally understand that. I've been there myself. Even now I would consider my weathering rather sparse and conservative compared to some truly fantastic works that people do.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your experiments :thumbsup: It is a really fun and rewarding journey