Mephrit Force Deleterious (Army log)

Stupidity

Hello Bolter and Chainsword!

Always wanted to start a 40k army but never got around to it. Then Covid 19 happened and I started up a raven guard army out of sheer boredom. I chose them because Space Marines seemed like a good place to start. Painted up some easy build reivers and intercessors.  

Then 9th happened and all of a sudden it looked like my favorite xenos would be actually be playable. That plus the many small nerfs to RG made me switch over to them. I chose the Mephrit purely based on the halloween paint scheme. Then I found a store that still had a Necron Outrider box set and here we are. 

Behold! My first Necron model. I'm particularly proud of the base. The crystals are just cut up spruce pieces and the skull is from the ghost ark. Ten was too many anyway. 

necro2   Med

Necro4 Med

Also second, a not quite finished wraith. 

necropair   Med

My style is geared to be quick and dirty. Leadbelcher spray obviously. With the orange spots corax whited then gryph-hound oranged. Khorne red and Averland sunset to touch up the orange. Creed camo for the green and nuln oil gloss over the lead belcher. Balthazar gold for the fancy bits.
Only part i'm not happy about is the cryptek's staff. Doesn't pop enough. 

Models for the Royal Awakening. Most of the Outrider Battalion. 

necrovow1 Med

Please excuse my terrible photography. It was done on a camera phone. I'll upgrade it when I figure this all out.
... I really hope any of these guys are good in 9th...
Edited by Stupidity

Ah sprue crystals. A wonderful addition to any Necron's base! Everything's looking good to my eyes, the staff I thought worked well but maybe you could just flatly do yellow instead of orange for the weaponry? That would make it stand out and you could go right out to white on the edges for a very bright yellow, even keep the orange in the recesses if it suits.

As for your collection's relevance in 9th I'm sure they will be fine. None of those units are being replaced in any way by the looks of it since they are all recent enough plastic sculpts.

Update:

Wraiths

Necro3l   Med

Ghost/Doomsday Ark

Necroarkside   Med

Necroarkfront   Med

Necroarkmid   Med

next update will be awhile. Gotta figure out how i'm gonna do the tomb blades.  Which I magnetized so i've got exactly 15 guns just for the three of them i've primed. 

It is Creed Camo paint I use so kinda lol.

I think necrons have too much eldritch glowing going on to be much good at stealth though.

In other news, it finally stopped raining here so i'l have my next vow spray primed any time now. 

Edit: And they're up on royal awakening. Officially starting vow #2.

Couldn't help but paint up some scarabs quick

necroswarmtest   Med

Plus a close up of 1 of my bikers. Will wait to plaint the last three of them. Not sure how good they will be in a two wound marine dominated meta. Anything that takes out marines will remove them just as easy. At least I magnetized the weapons so i'll be able to switch them out according to meta. 

necrobike   Med

Edited by Stupidity

• 2 weeks later...

Lovingly painted up some of the new Indomitus characters! Redid my original cloaktek's weapon so he is in the picture as well.

Rise Necron Command!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVoTsBaM

Anyone got any tips on making my weapon's look more... energetic?

Edit: Oh, ya! forgot to mention I added legs to the plasmancer! My first conversion. That floating spine thing just didn't work for me. Floating old man crouch is so much better.

NecroCommand   Med

Also finished the Reanimator. A great looking model, I just wish his rules weren't so lackluster.  Hes so great at... absorbing 3-5 autocannon shots... Spent a lot of time on that base. 

NecroRean2   Med

Warrriors about half done, can't wait to get my silver horde table ready.  
Edited by Stupidity

• 4 months later...

Update! Finally got my hands on some new models.

20xwarriors  5ximmortals  1xdoom/nightscythe  1xroyalwarden 2xscarabs

necrongrey3

Might be awhile before they become less grey as I'm Canadian and too lazy to base them with a brush. 

Ha no. I just started at the hobby.

I just use a leadbelcher spraycan to base. which requires a well ventilated area above 10 degrees Celsius. 

This is what it looks like outside.

Not that it helps with your winter wonderland, but I use:

Rust-Oleum 7519838A3 Professional High Performance Enamel Spray Paint, 3 Pack, Stainless Steel

Color is close enough to vallejo "gun metal" and worked well, but availability is hit or miss during the End Times. 1/3 the price of GW/ Army Painter.

• 1 month later...

Updates!

Bought a Triarch Stalker awhile back. Might grab another or a Doomstalker. 

And now that a freak warm spell hit and the temperature skyrocketed to 11 Celsius (It was -11 last week) I got the spray painting done!

So more updates/pics to follow over the next couple weeks!