Iron Hands Brethren of Iron Allied Detachment

Iron Hands Fanatic

This isn't supposed to be a super effective detachment, just a thematic allied force that could be pretty fun - the only slight issue is whether Techmarine Covenants are counted as "squads" under the requirement for you to not have more Battle-automata units than "squads" with Legiones Astartes - there are plenty of non-Independent Character Legion infantry units that have some other collective noun than "squad", and I'm not sure if this should exclude them? If the answer is no, I guess I could just grab a minimal Command Squad for the Iron Father but I don't really wanna add more points into this Detachment given it's already over the 1,500 mark.

+++ Brethren of Iron Heavy Assault Phalanx (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [1,513pts] +++

++ Allied Detachment (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) ++

+ Troops +

Breacher Siege Squad, Legion: 9x Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion
. Breacher Siege Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs
. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple: Enhanced Targeting Arrays, Frag Grenades, Support Unit
. Castellax class Battle-automata: Bolter, Flamer, Maulter Bolt Cannon, Stock Chargers
. Castellax class Battle-automata: Bolter, Flamer, Maulter Bolt Cannon, Stock Chargers

+ HQ +

Iron Father: Archaeotech Pistol, Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, On Foot
. Cyber-familiar
. Iron Father: Servo-arm
. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Elites +

Techmarine Covenant
. Techmarine, Legion: Artificer Armour, Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Power Axe, Rad Grenades, Servo-arm, Volkite Charger
. . Servo-automata
. . . Missile Launcher: Rad Missiles
. . Servo-automata
. . Servo-automata
. . Servo-automata

+ Heavy Support +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple: Enhanced Targeting Arrays, Frag Grenades, Support Unit
. Castellax class Battle-automata: 2x Bolter, Darkfire Cannon, Stock Chargers

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

Rite of War: Brethren of Iron

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 (From FAQ 1.1 Feb/2019): Playte

I’ve always assume techmarines don’t count as squads because they don’t have the word in their name. Personally I would swap them for a small Veteran squad to go with the IronFather. Alternatively just go up to 2000 points, give the Breachers a Land Raider and add either a seeker squad, or probably even better a outrider squad which with the IH bonus means boogers are needing a 6 to wound you. 

I’ve always assume techmarines don’t count as squads because they don’t have the word in their name. Personally I would swap them for a small Veteran squad to go with the IronFather. Alternatively just go up to 2000 points, give the Breachers a Land Raider and add either a seeker squad, or probably even better a outrider squad which with the IH bonus means boogers are needing a 6 to wound you. 

Yeah that's fair, I guess you have to interpret it in the same way 'Battle-Automata' is in some RoWs purely by unit name - given that I need to keep the Techmarine in there to fulfil the RoW's requirements (unfortunately, the Iron Father can't have a Cortex Controller), I can actually strip away the servo-automata - keeping the Techmarine to support the Castellax via healing with Battlesmith - and give the Iron Father a minimal Command Squad with volkite chargers, power axes and combat shields while dropping the list's total down to 1,505pts