warhead01 - Primaris Blood Angels project

Warhead01

Mephiston looking good. The picture link doesn't work for me though.

Thank you.

No idea why the link isn't working for you. I posted to my blog because it makes sharing larger pictures easier but I'll pop them in below.

I was worried these pictures would be too big but I guess it's fine.

20210422_123205.jpg

20210422_123243.jpg

20210422_123452.jpg

20210422_123603.jpg

20210422_123331.jpg

Edited by Warhead01

Thank you.
I finally have a reasonable picture of the Chaplin to share. 
20210429_161029.jpg

I found my fisheye lenses... 

I attempted to play a solo game the other day.  I used the list from the previous battle reports, the one posted in this thread. 
Here's the army on the table in one shot. 
20210429_161547.jpg

You can read the battle report from my attempted game  HERE.

I attempted to play a 2000 point game managing both armies. it became a 5 hour nightmare of back pain and delirious rule mistakes. Followed by deciding an Ork victory through attrition of units...   I did learn a few things so there's that. One of the thing I learned is that at this stage 9th is too complicated for a solo game at such a large size, 2000 points. 
And with that the Blood Angels will return at about 1000 points in future solo games. 
Looking back at all the things that happened I realized I had more or less forgotten to spend CP's during the game on stratagems that most likely would have drawn the game out and really helped the Blood Angels swing the match. I am also now seeing a strong reason to add Assault Intercessors to my list. I had an instance where the Orks fought twice and that was just a thing to behold. Primaris would have mad a large dent in the Orks had they been able to do the same. 

Thanks for reading. Hope to be back again with another , hopefully better, battle report in the not too distant future. 

Beside your backpain and rules chaos it sounds like a fun idea. I can imagine being on your feet for 5 hours straight while bending over a table can be quite stressful :). Nice terrain you got there man. The action shot of you chaplain looks badass and the army as a whole looks fantastic, too. May I ask what kind of battlemat you are using?

Thanks. Yes it was just madness once the dice started to roll.  Looking back now I had more fun that I had realized at the time. 
The mat I made from felt with Gesso and then painted with a big disposable brush and some bits of left over pluck foam held together with a rubber band . 
It's really easy to do. I had the fabric for quite some time and had to cut it down. the gesso was maybe 8 dollars us the rest was craft paint and fairly inexpensive. I had most of it around already for terrain painting and diy projects. 
Just let the gesso dry before you move on to painting or tint it with ink or dirty washes/nasty paint water. I had tan fabric but might have saved time if I had chosen a darker color to use as  a base to build from. I just chose the same colors I use for the bases of my armies for the mat. Best part is it rolls up with no problems. I recall putting come gesso in my water cup as well as on the mat to really get it in the fabric.  It did smell a bit but nothing that remains noticeable. I think it's the smell of craft paint. 
The mat is a third too long and I'll trim that off for 1000 point game size. it's a little funny though as the book only lists the minimum table size not the required table size. had I realized that I would have had it either 4X6 or 4X8. I may make another one or two later and matching terrain. Rebuild my jungle collection and a matching mat. 
Let me know if you make one your self! 

The terrain. I've made terrain for about 20 years now off and on it 's a lot of fun. I'm trying really happy with how it's turning out so far. I kinda want it to look like it would be believable background on a tv show or movie. Some of it is getting there, still have more in the works!  I love diy terrain. 

Edited by Warhead01

Had to Google what gesso actually is . So it's a diy mat. Cool as hell! Did you use sand to get the rough texture or is it just the paint? Or is it flat and it's just an optical illusion?

Unfortunately I just don't have the time to finish such a project in an acceptable time frame with my family and work. I don't find hardly any time to build and paint miniatures to begin with.

But anyways I think you really capture a theme with your terrain there. Even in professional batreps I often think the terrain is just thrown together without much thought. Need a Los blocker? Bam, half a gothic ruin in the middle of a desert and some pristine containers right beside it...

The mat took me about 3 days with lots of drying time and not being in a rush. it is a bit textured from the Gesso and the felt fuzz, it's not bad in my opinion it's just not smooth like a store bought mat.  I had been planning to buy one myself but didn't ever find one I could get excited enough about to buy. The diy mat took only a few hours work over 3 days most of the time was just letting a step dry.  If you can't you can't. Or, maybe you have a local gamer/hobbyist you can bribe to do it for you... ?  who knows you might help make some one a fortune. Material costs are fairly low maybe 30 or 40 dollars.  Just find some glue sniffer you can pay in 25MM bases and your set! :teehee: (:ermm::ermm: - Really dude... What's wrong with you.... )

gg I know what you mean about those batreps. I know Blue Table Painting  has had their ups and downs over they years but the one thing I liked about their videos used to be their terrain. The effort was there and they probably planned to sell it at some point.  I think terrain building is probably a little intimidating. I have a large material supply after all these years (and I'm starting to raid my bitz box! ) I think about playability and what theme do I like, some of what I've made is just junk that will be repurposed, a sort of place holder so I can get some games in. What also funny is how much of the terrain I've made is still in a local shop from almost 20 years ago. Back when I thought I was going to make a terrain shop on Ebay. I didn't know anything about how to go about it back then. 

• 1 month later...

Update.

Finally!
gallery_3442_16212_291401.jpgYou've seen the Stormspeeder on the left before. The one on the right is the new one. Just got the first squad of Heavy Intercessors last Thursday as part of payment to me for painting some models. 1 more box still due. I'll have them soon enough I think. I'm considering 3 ATV's right now. May well pull the trigger on them this week, we'll see.
I'm starting my next army list to try. My usual opponent is playing knights again and I want to bring the pain. My goal is to beat him in at least two games back to back this year and hopefully 5 next year. I have yet to win a game of 9th so far. I've got a fair grasp of the rules now I think, which was my primary concern. I tried Orks for a few games and I feel it was a set back after the good game I played just before that and want to get back to making a better showing when I am out for a game.
I'm going to try to build a fast army that hopefully hits hard as well and try to learn how to play it. Doesn't sound like we're having that club tournament this year. Our TO has retired from running the event and I have not heard who might run it if anyone at all. I had been building this army to learn to play and then take to that tournament. We'll see.

I'll try to post again in less that 60 dys this time and maybe have that army list to share in that post.

Thanks for reading.

Good job on the models. I must also commend your photography skills; presentation is more important than many people realize, and I cannot appreciate a modeler's efforts if his/her models are photographed under bad lighting, or against a background the models will fade into, due to similar colors.

Good job on the models. I must also commend your photography skills; presentation is more important than many people realize, and I cannot appreciate a modeler's efforts if his/her models are photographed under bad lighting, or against a background the models will fade into, due to similar colors.

Thankyou. :biggrin.: 

I have been trying to take better pictures as I have been taking less pictures, less wip pictures. But I like putting up nice pictures when I get models finished. I take pictures under natural light outside when the shade gets just right, in the right spots, just use some black felt for the back drop. It's worked really well so far.  I just use my phone digi cam set to 1080P and I have a clip on fish eye lens from a lens set I got for hardly anything online. 

Thankyou again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Nearly done with three more Inceptors.  
I'm still looking for at least 6 more But I'll settle for three more as long as I can find a deal. Partly wondering if or rather how Inceptors with Assault bolters sack up for points and damage out put against the ATV's. I have yet to order any but am still tempted to. 
I'm shifting my army ideas again. What I would like is a list that feels more like a thematic BA list but again still purely Primaris so I am thinking about trying to maximize the number of fast attack choices I field.  
I'm going to download Battle scribe tomorrow morning and set about building my list. And then refine it over several games. Some of the club are very competitive tournament type people. I'm not about to do that sort of thing but my good friend does and I want to play as competitively as I can with him now. with the idea that steel sharpens steel. I want to beat him at least two games in a row and hopefully 5 in a row by this time next year. Mean while I know he wants brutal completive games to help him get stronger for tournaments.  Honestly I am really looking forward to playing a few more games and having a better showing. My lack of games is part of the reason I struggle to enjoy 9th edition. I have decided the best thing I can do is as I said above build that list and then learn to play it, exclusively.   

The slaughter continues! 

Starting to relearn Battle Scribe. First list attempt.  
Not sure if I like this list or not yet. My next attempt will be two detachments. I thought there should have been  way to mark off other CP expenditures for reserves or what ever, pregame stuff, but haven't found it yet.  work in progress. :wacko.: 
I'm noticing it doesn't let me mark my warlord in the detachment, I thought the army was "refunded" the CP costs of the warlords detachment. 
Or maybe I am misremembering? More things I should already know. I'll reread that bit later today. 

++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [106 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++
+ Configuration [9CP] +
**Chapter Selector**: Blood Angels
Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)  [12CP]
Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Gametype: Matched

+ HQ [10 PL, 195pts] +
Lieutenants [4 PL, 80pts]
. Lieutenant in Phobos Armour [4 PL, 80pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Master-crafted occulus bolt carbine, Paired Combat Blades

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, 115pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, Absolver Bolt pistol, Benediction of Fury, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, The Imperium's Sword, Twin Bolt rifle, Warlord

+ Troops [19 PL, 400pts] +
Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Hellstorm bolt rifle, Hellstorm heavy bolter [10pts]
. 4x Heavy Intercessor [112pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Heavy Intercessor Sergeant [28pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

Infiltrator Squad [12 PL, 250pts]: Helix gauntlet [10pts]
. 9x Infiltrator [216pts]: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Marksman bolt carbine

+ Elites [9 PL, 180pts] +
Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 180pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy flamer, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Redemptor Fist

+ Fast Attack [58 PL, 1,015pts] +
Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 200pts]: Assault bolter x2, 4x Inceptor [160pts], Inceptor Sergeant [40pts]

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 200pts]: Assault bolter x2, 4x Inceptor [160pts], Inceptor Sergeant [40pts]

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 150pts]
. 2x Outrider [100pts]: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle
. Outrider Sgt [50pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Twin Bolt rifle

. 2x Outrider [100pts]: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle
. Outrider Sgt [50pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Twin Bolt rifle

Storm Speeder Hammerstrike  [9 PL, 155pts]: Hammerstrike missile launcher, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher, Melta destroyer

Storm Speeder Thunderstrike [9 PL, 160pts]: Stormfury missiles, Thunderstrike las-talon, Twin Icarus rocket pod

+ Flyer [10 PL, 210pts] +
Stormhawk Interceptor [10 PL, 210pts]: 2x Assault cannon, Las-talon [25pts], Skyhammer missile launcher

++ Total: [106 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Later when I post my lists I want to pop in a picture of each unit with the entry, above or bellow to help me keep up with what I have on the table. Maybe an army picture as well for battle reports.

Thanks for having a look.

Nice work on the Speeders and Gravis guys!
I'm also working on one Storm Speeder at the moment and got a question - how extensively have you been magnetising them? And did you magnetise the flying stem? 

Nice work on the Speeders and Gravis guys!

I'm also working on one Storm Speeder at the moment and got a question - how extensively have you been magnetising them? And did you magnetise the flying stem? 

I didn't magnetize anything. It's all glued even the stem.  

You could magnetize the top turret and the side weapons but you shouldn't need to magnetize the front weapon off the hull, it just plugs in. The top turret could be magnetized to offer either of the missile options but I am not sure now if you could change them all out for the Stubbers or not. I don't use magnets, just never got into it. Maybe there's a tutorial on youtube? 

That's ok, I was just curious how you approached the topic. 
I have already magnetised the front weapons :P Although I only used one magnet in the hull and weapons have pieces of metal nails glued at the end.
I also magnetised the turret so that I can slot the stubbers into the launchers' housing and both rocket options can simply plug in. I don't actually expect this to be that necessary, but wanted a mental excersise :teehee:

I didn't magnetise the sponsons though. And also the 2 big rockets will be just glued in place. I appreciate the yellow tips you did on yours by the way :thumbsup:

I've made another two lists just slight variations on the previous list. The one posted above. 
I am still confused about CP spending. I thought we got refunded the CP costs of the detachment out warlord is in. Battle scribe doesn't seem to think so saying I will start a game with only 6 CP. For the one detachment army. 
I'm sure the answer is just something I am not seeing. You know when your looking for something and just can't find it. 

More importantly I'll be checking my funds next week and hope to finally buy the ATV's. I had thought about another storm speeder or 3 more Outriders, I like how they are a clean 150, which seems easy to squeeze into a list but I think ATV's are more likely to fit and are something I have yet to collect so I guess they are the winner. 
I'm still considering a Hammer fall bunker to leave some where in my deployment zone but I am not sure yet. Yes, I realize they aren't very good at all. 
My thoughts are that using the GT board set up Gw has showed us I may not have the space to plop one of those down, and they aren't very good. But my plans for it were simply to use if for screening my back field. Maybe, if I have the points eliminators will be a better choice. I have three but could easily find 3 more. That might actually pay off as well. 

I'm working on my competitive minded list, I'm an out of touch power gamer so it's a list built around it's own strengths not all the extra layers of buffs and strats but I have tried to keep them in mind. 9th is just hard.  :teehee: 
I have sent the relevant terrain explanations, layouts and videos to my usual opponent. I hope to be able to give him a run for his money when we play next, when ever that is. 
I'm not a fan of using the GW terrain layouts but I feel in this case it will be a step in the right direction. 
And I guess lastly I have a hobby/game day scheduled with one of my good friends. I am providing the armies, books ect. I am tempted to let his drive my BA's around  so I can see what they do and play my Imperial Guard because I have really been looking forward to seeing them on the table. 
Or we'll play a different edition, what ever is easiest as neither of us are very experienced with 9th.  I'll have to take the lead and it will be the blind leading the blind for several hours... :sweat: 

Hopefully I'll have some kind of battle report in the near future. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

The good news is I've locked in a game for Monday or Thursday, Thursday is our back up date. And another game for either the 18th or 25th of September! 
I'm thrilled with this. 

For Mondays game this is the list I plan to bring. 
Here's the list.

Editted.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [40 PL, 11CP, 740pts] ++
+ Configuration [12CP] +
Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)  [12CP]
Detachment Command Cost
Gametype: Matched
+ Stratagems [-1CP] +
Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics [-1CP]

+ HQ [6 PL, 115pts] +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, 115pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, Absolver Bolt pistol, Benediction of Fury, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, The Imperium's Sword, Twin Bolt rifle, Warlord

+ Troops [6 PL, 130pts] +

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 130pts]: Helix gauntlet [10pts]
. 4x Infiltrator [96pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. Infiltrator Sergeant [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Marksman bolt carbine

+ Elites [5 PL, 105pts] +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran [70pts]: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted power sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant [35pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Storm Shield

+ Fast Attack [18 PL, 315pts] +

Storm Speeder Hammerstrike  [9 PL, 155pts]: Hammerstrike missile launcher, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher, Melta destroyer

Storm Speeder Thunderstrike [9 PL, 160pts]: Stormfury missiles, Thunderstrike las-talon, Twin Icarus rocket pod

+ Heavy Support [5 PL, 75pts] +

Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 75pts]: Bolt sniper rifle
. Eliminator Sergeant [25pts]: Bolt pistol, Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak, Frag & Krak grenades
. 2x Eliminators [50pts]: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [58 PL, -3CP, 1,260pts] ++

+ Configuration [-2CP] +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ [8 PL, -1CP, 155pts] +

Lieutenants [8 PL, -1CP, 155pts]
. Lieutenant in Phobos Armour [4 PL, 80pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Master-crafted occulus bolt carbine, Paired Combat Blades
. Primaris Lieutenant [4 PL, -1CP, 75pts]: Bellicos Bolt Rifle, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Storm of Fire, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

+ Troops [5 PL, 100pts] +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor [80pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant [20pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites [18 PL, 370pts] +

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

+ Fast Attack [20 PL, 510pts] +

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 360pts]: 5x Inceptor [200pts], Inceptor Sergeant [40pts], Plasma Exterminator x2 [120pts]

+ Dedicated Transport [7 PL, 125pts] +

Impulsor [7 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Ironhail Heavy Stubber [5pts], Ironhail Skytalon Array [10pts]

++ Total: [98 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

I wanted to keep a theme of fast attack, move shoot assault and some screening. 

Decided to run with the two patrol detachments after all. I think it will be a good match for my opponents list. 
Hope to at least have a good showing. Will get pictures as well. 
Edited by Warhead01

What's the reasoning behind 2 Lieutenants? With 2 Redemptor's I'd say a Techmarine woud have merit - walk up the board repairing and enhancing the dreads and then happily charge alongside them. Primaris version especially has a ton of attacks plus some reasonable shooting. 
Also I think you'll be disappointed with Eliminators. I would personally take more Bladeguard to fill that Impulsor better. Or dump the Impulsor and take even more Bladeguard :tongue.: Even if you loose a 3-man unit footslogging, it will still be less points than the Impulsor :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

That's a fair point or two. 
I wasn't happy with how this army played for a few reasons. First is once again terrain issues. I just don't think my friend gets it. His armies sing in this kind of sparse terrain. He gets ahead of things and doesn't realize it but I went to roll dice and push models today not to compete with him. He's just back out of the hospital only a week or so and I'm still not playing enough. 
I have to say I thought the sisters of Battle he fielded were really solid. I didn't like my list as much as I though I would. the Infiltrators were a waste of time on so little terrain. Well that and some bizarre pattern of terrain where there are like two woods and some other junk that does little more that grant a +1 to save and maybe block los but that's easily mitigated by moving in most cases. I needed another troop choice and wish I had brought one. 
The trading units thing irked me as I was not on the winning end of any trades. The plasma Inceptors wiped two squads which cost so much less that them and were lost in short order to another few units with heavy bolters and multimeltas.  I will admit to not sticking to my plan, it just fell somehow apart during deployment. The Storm speeders worried my friend but I did not roll well at all with them and he tanked a lot of fire all game. the game lasted 2.5 turns and I was effectively tabled. I made a few poor choices for sure. 
So right now I m thinking about trading out the outriders and a dreadnaught for heavy Intercessors and some ATV's. And maybe  can squeeze in that techmarine. 
Not sure yet. I feel like making several changes is just reactionary on my part.  The Snipers worked out a lot better than I had expected them to, and for only 75 points which was why I included them.  dirt cheep. The Blade Guard were deployed in the wrong spot and didn't so much of note, Killed a single SoB war suite thing, wounded another and died. 
I'd wondered before if I would have the room in my DZ to place one of those bunkers and it looks like I'd have plenty wit ha 10" deployment zone.  Sadly there's no points to waste on them in a 2000 point list. 
I'm glad I don't take this game serious anymore. I do plan to cook up somethings silly for the next game against him and a better list for my game in September. My friend will play his Imperial fists in that game. (Different friend, not my usual opponent.) 

Sorry to hear that everything went south so fast for you. But honestly after reading "once again... sparse terrain" the rest isn't much of a surprise to me. There was a warcom article some time ago that showed how GW would set up terrain for tournaments. Maybe show this to you friend and talk about it. Since we use this layout or at least close variations of it the games are much more balanced.

If you drop one of the dreads, I wouldn't bother with the Techmarine. Sanguinary Priest would then be better to heal increased numbers of Infantry. Although he is not cheap. I suggested the Techmarine as you could swap him for one of the Lieutenants.
I would personally keep the dreads - they are really solid and 2 is always better than one. 
Beware of squeezing too many different units into a list - you'll get hampered by that. It's generally better to streamline strengths. 

I'm next to certain that Hammerfall bunker will be a waste of points against Sisters. Storm Speeders are already a little bit of a liability and a quite big points sink for what they do. If you want points for troops, drop the Impulsor. Without the Shield dome, it will not give that much protection to it's cargo either way. And that cargo is pretty small as it is now - note that with Impulsor you spend ~120pts to shield 105pts ;)

Ditto the terrain. As a rule of thumb your terrain should cover properly at least a quarter of your battlefield. A mix of los-blocking (tall/wide buildings?), movement hindering (barricades/tank traps/dragons teeth or rivers/hedges) and area terrain pieces that allow movement and combat but give some sort of penalty or bonus (craters for cover, exposed positions with good los). If you aren't ticking those variations a gunline army with a competent general will virtually always win against a less-specialised list no matter how good the general is.

Sorry to hear that everything went south so fast for you. But honestly after reading "once again... sparse terrain" the rest isn't much of a surprise to me. There was a warcom article some time ago that showed how GW would set up terrain for tournaments. Maybe show this to you friend and talk about it. Since we use this layout or at least close variations of it the games are much more balanced.

Just so. One of his units was spitting something like 24 heavy bolter shots on the move. I was a little baffled because I have sent him all of that terrain info to bone up on and videos explaining terrain from I think Auspex tactical. (I think that's the channel.) There's some kind of disconnect in his brain I haven't been able to work through. 

I'm probably going to have to run the game and not play the game...work, work, work.:wacko.: 

I'm of two minds on games with him now. As much as I'd enjoy a win I am still just happy to roll dice with my friend.... But... that said... I look forward to tabling his army. 

If you drop one of the dreads, I wouldn't bother with the Techmarine. Sanguinary Priest would then be better to heal increased numbers of Infantry. Although he is not cheap. I suggested the Techmarine as you could swap him for one of the Lieutenants.

I would personally keep the dreads - they are really solid and 2 is always better than one. 

Beware of squeezing too many different units into a list - you'll get hampered by that. It's generally better to streamline strengths. 

I'm next to certain that Hammerfall bunker will be a waste of points against Sisters. Storm Speeders are already a little bit of a liability and a quite big points sink for what they do. If you want points for troops, drop the Impulsor. Without the Shield dome, it will not give that much protection to it's cargo either way. And that cargo is pretty small as it is now - note that with Impulsor you spend ~120pts to shield 105pts :wink:

Ya things are getting weird for my collection, I am filling my basket with ATV's and Sanguinary guard.  I guess I want to trim some of this out for a Black templars project because I like the look but sadly they just don't seem as good as BA's. which is odd to me. 

I don't plan to get the hammerfall bunker really I'd like to have one just for completeness of the collection but I can't find one for under 40 dollars and would prefer to pay a lot less than that.  

The big problems were really the terrain and me being a bonehead but I do want to adjust the list a bit after I play it one more time. 

I took the LT's just because i noticed they were roughly a points place holder of roughly 150 points.

The other thing is his army was a freight train of fast moving multi wound walkers with damage reduction and some heroes who I just didn't understands because it was the first time I've faced them. Not sure when I'll get another chance for a game before September but anything can happen I guess.  I will look into more blade guard as well.  And more red paint. 

Ditto the terrain. As a rule of thumb your terrain should cover properly at least a quarter of your battlefield. A mix of los-blocking (tall/wide buildings?), movement hindering (barricades/tank traps/dragons teeth or rivers/hedges) and area terrain pieces that allow movement and combat but give some sort of penalty or bonus (craters for cover, exposed positions with good los). If you aren't ticking those variations a gunline army with a competent general will virtually always win against a less-specialised list no matter how good the general is.

Yes I recall somewhere I read it was recommended to place at least 1 piece ever 12" square, or something like that. 

The lack of "proper terrain" placement has turned me into noob. Super embarrassing after 25 years. everything old is new again I guess.  

It's difficult to express the frustration. My friend prides himself being competitive or always trying to get ready for that next tournament but it's just say that he can't  grasp the very basics like the steps in setting up a game.  I'm considering taking my box of terrain out to the game shop so maybe we can get this right. That might be the best solution.  

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll drop a few pictures soonish. 

Oh, He did explain how faith points work. Not a bad mechanic though it defiantly stole some of my kills away from me. But not a bad mechanic.