Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Make the uploading of photos more streamlined

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lestat

Lestat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Blood Angels

This was always something that seemed to have unnecessary steps, but would it be possible to have a more streamlined method of uploading pics to a post or topic?
Having to upload pics to an album (which you must first create), and then have to link the pics from said album into whichever post you are making at the time, just seems to be unnecessarily complex, and could be whittled down by a step or two. Especially with most peoples cameras being on their phones, it would allow people to post straight to a topic or post.

• 40k nut likes this

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,733 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
The limitations are largely software-based. We expect considerable improvements once the software upgrade is completed (more details on that later).
  • Black Blow Fly, Lestat, N1SB and 1 other like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,250 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
On this note, is there a way to edit picture sizes when uploading from mobile?
Always tells me my file is too big, but never gives me the option to resize. Even when I click the "full version" on the website or use my web browsers 'desktop mode', it still gives no option to resize image on upload.

I'm always forced to just upload a screenshot, which are always poor quality from my 1080p 6" screen.

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 10 April 2021 - 06:37 AM.

• walter h likes this

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,733 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

The current software doesn't have an image editing functionality as part of the upload process.

When I create pictures for the B&C, I use my image editing applications to edit them, including getting them down to a size that the B&C can handle (both in terms of dimensions as well as file size).

I'll look into whether or not the new software can support image reduction during uploading.

• Captain Coolpants likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,250 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
It would be pretty handy of it could all be native to the site.

Thanks for listening though!

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,313 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
Captain, in the interim, may I suggest that if you have a Discord, you can upload your pictures to discord, and then embed the image on the board via the [ img ] tags. Quality comes out pretty good, IMO, and it’s a lot faster than trying to wrangle the mobile uploaded.
  • walter h and Sent1ence like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users