Sorcerous Facade (TSons) and Falling Back

Llagos_Tyrant

Hi B&C,

Had this discussion over a game a few weeks ago - if a Thousand Sons army successfully casts the Sorcerous Facade psychic power (remove a unit from the battlefield, set it back up 9" or more away from enemy models, counts as having moved) on a unit that is in engagement range with enemy models at the start of the psychic phase, does that unit count as having fallen back from combat when it is set up again on the board? (i.e., could it still shoot/charge into combat after being set up back on the board?)

The TSons player thought that it would not, but I was leaning more towards the idea that if the unit is treated as having moved that turn, and was in engagement range at the start of the psychic phase, then it would be treated as having fallen back for its move.

Neither the Thousand Sons player or myself were sure and we ended up deciding to just roll a dice. 

If anyone is aware of any relevant FAQs or rulings on this or similar stratagems that exist, I'd appreciate getting a chance to read them and settle this before our next game.

Thanks!

Isn't falling back a specific move you make during the movement phase? In which case, your Sons haven't made a fall back move, and so haven't fallen back.

It would be similar to the scenario where a unit kills of all engaged enemy models using Smite, and are then free to act normally in the following phases.

Rogue has it correctly.

The Rare Rules section (at page 91 of the Mission Book, page 363 of the Core Book) deals with this explictly - in the box on that page labelled REPOSITIONED AND REPLACEMENT UNITS, point 4. in that box states that "If the unit was within Engagement Range of an enemy unit when it was removed from the battlefield, it does not count as having Fallen Back when it is set back up on the battlefield".

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 3 weeks later...