Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Emperor's Children - Hobby Progress

hobby paint emperors children

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Verbal Underbelly

Verbal Underbelly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

Thank you. The photographs are a bit poor actually. It looks a lot better in real life - hopefully I can work on it again soon and take some properly lit images for you.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,673 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Yeah, I think you did a good job matching your infantry paint scheme to the vehicle, even in the picture.  I look forward to seeing it develop.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,118 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Haven't been able to post recently as I have a new son. 

What happened to the old one? Did you upgrade??

Congrats btw, I hope you get some uninterrupted hobby time soon and dont forget to sleep as well. 

• Verbal Underbelly and Angel of Death like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Angel of Death

Angel of Death

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
  • Faction: HǼMØNĶUĿUƧ C0V(ɇ)ŅƧ

I wish I'd made a note of how I'd lit the previous model - these photos aren't as good. I've finished a noise marine now and I'm pretty happy. I haven't painted the lenses yet, I'm going to paint a few before I decide what colour to do them.

Somebody previously mentioned the bases so I added a bit more interest on them.

50435986216_9059c1a07d_b.jpgEC_NM_001Front by Christopher Dean, on Flickr

50435295928_d3ffddca07_b.jpgEC_NM_001Side by Christopher Dean, on Flickr

50436156262_e26541b4c1_b.jpgEC_NM_001Rear by Christopher Dean, on Flickr

This looks really cool. The mesh up between khorne berzerkers and slaanesh painting style looks really cool.

Im a pure slaanesh painter and player. Ive been collecting some chaos models too.

My main army is haemonculi covens. Thats my serious mode army. But as a side project, ive been collecting a slaanesh army with angels of ecstacy theme. Its going to be a more fun-oriented army, with some daemons and maybe even a keeper of secrets in it. I know people at my club love when people do fun-oriented armies, there is absolutely no shame in creating an army that isnt strong in a competitive way, but that everyone LOVES to play against.

But with chaos, you really cant go wrong in any way :) The codices is ridiculously strong. Im running lots and lots of psykers for my army, and the painting scheme is very similar to the one you have. Except much more light pink colors.

• Jorgend Lupus, Marshal Loss and Xenith like this

+ζ⨔ 20.jpg +ζ⨔

$|$|$ RTBBB.gif pacman says: $~ sudo -R mutilate and destroy.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,356 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
Lovely models! I really like your magenta/purple
  • Dr_Ruminahui likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hobby, paint, emperors children

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users