Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum...Calgar almost complete WiP 4/19

Conversion Heavy Primaries Ultramarines Roman

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,971 posts

That Dread is just -Chef's kiss-

Though the dread does make me think... "Don't Blink...."

I don't get the reference, lol

Doctor Who, Weeping Angels

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts
  • Faction: Getting back into it
Thanks gederas! And thanks for the video, I get it now. May be close to blasphemy for some, but I'm not a dr. who fan. But that was quite creepy. :)
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

My Ultramarines Roman Style

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts

So its been a minute.  Since I'm trying to create this army on as small a budget as possible, I had a unique challenge.  I already created a chaplain, but I have since bought the DA combat patrol box (the dread, I've already posted).  I don't need another chaplain...a hooded one at that, so I've decided to turn him into a librarian.  From what I know about Ultras, there is really NO reason to NOT take Tigurius.  So...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

H9HOKZu.jpg

GuF4xgh.jpg

o661ELs.jpg

shVkkzZ.jpg

LMK what you guys think.  I wanted to make him recognizably Tigurius, but since my marines are extra romanized, I thought I'd switch out the backpack banner, for a backpack standard.  I'll bring in some more roman elements in the paint scheme.

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

• Ryltar Thamior, ranulf the revenant and Baer79 like this
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Baer79

Baer79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

my god its so amazing!!! What a great modelling. I love tis libby so much

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts
Thanks baer! I'll be posting painted pics of him up soon. :)

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,481 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I think it's a fantastic idea you employed with the Chaplain->Tigurius transformation. Very bold and true to your style yes.gif
Great piece of hobby love! 

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts

Thanks Majkhel!  I hope you like the paint job!

No fancy intro this time.  Tigurius has all the background fluff he needs.

UFikev3.jpg

cYszZWc.jpg

XzUCUrU.jpg?1

P3cJ5xJ.jpg?1

RrJqXE8.jpg?1

iKfU7z1.jpg

3GziVRF.jpg?1

• Doghouse, Ryltar Thamior, Majkhel and 3 others like this

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,894 posts
  • Faction: Marines Malevolent
These are some great looking Ultras!

Definitely the opposite end of the "good guy" stick from my guys! 👀

I'm interested to see what you do with the battle chariot bike conversion going on in the WIP pile picture.
++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

Baer79

Baer79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

so cool!!

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts

Nomad:  Oh you noticed that...its my version of an attack bike...I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make that one work.  Thank you for the kind remarks :)

Baer:  Thanks man, I'm happy you like him.

So I need your opinions.  below is a pic of my infiltrator WIPs.  I was planning on painting them black, with the inner shoulder pad ultras blue, and pouches dark brown.  Do you think these are "roman" enough to fit in with the rest of my army?

0t7OV3b.jpg

CpqIOEE.jpg

and some eliminators...similar paint scheme, with cloaks and rifle coverings to match the bases.

6RxgFiz.jpg

l7RKk0X.jpg

aLul50s.jpg

307prWZ.jpg

zzOds2a.jpg

7Riemk3.jpg

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,894 posts
  • Faction: Marines Malevolent
Definitely fits with the army theme. I'd throw a bed roll or two on the Infiltrators.
++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts

ooh good suggestion.  totally took that!

Putting some work in on Calgar...and mine wont just be standing there posing.

CX3R8Kd.jpg

EPz8gAv.jpg

iM1cak3.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photos.  What youre looking at is Calgar's left fist (the one usually in the air).  I've repositioned it.  Additionally I have somewhat ironically, used a multipart skeleton model as an actual skeleton for the chaos cultist he will be "choking the life out of."  If you look closely you can see some of the musculature I've started to sculpt on it.

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

• Doghouse likes this

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,194 posts

Very nice greenstuff work, I especially like what you've done with the Librarian. Fantastic converting and really gritty pain job to ground the elaborate detailing. Great work on the cultist as well, very nice stuff all round.

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,351 posts

Thanks Doghouse! I greatly enjoy your work.

Anyway, I've almost finished converting Calgar.  I wanted my Marneus to look more like this pic below

9QCNWoT.png

BAAAAAAD@@@@@SS!!  This guy doesn't pose with his fist in the air....HE GETS INTO IT!!!

So here is my rendition.  I have a little work left to do on the feet of the cultist, but other than that I think I'm done.  If any of you guys have any comments or criticisms I would appreciate it, as this IS the time to fix anything that needed fixing.

fQ3hqNp.jpg

O7GrzkU.jpg

jV5sors.jpg

wq7iVrd.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda
That is nice!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversion Heavy, Primaries Ultramarines, Roman

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users