Corsairs Not in New Imperial Armour Compendium

Brother Tyler

The only saving grace is the note at the bottom of the article:

* If a unit exists but doesn’t have a datasheet in this book, don’t worry! It will be getting a Warhammer Legends datasheet so that you can continue to use it in your games.

It definitely makes me super sad. I'm sooo regretful that I didn't do a exodites army.

At the time I thought, why bother making a force with no actual rules?

And now I'm stuck with an army that can never truly be a counts something else army, because they all have jetpack and pistols

Can you use them in friendly games of Kill Team?

I'm halfway considering a project to create/update rules for the Eldar Corsairs in 9th edition (once I see how the Craftworlds fare, and if I don't find someone else's homegrown effort that is satisfactory).

And I'm secretly hoping that GW is going to create a full blown codex for the Eldar Corsairs. Must. Not. Allow. Myself. To. Hope. :pinch:

It would be very nice if they did release a corsair supplement or even roll them into the Aeldari book.

But this is unlikely.

I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with a full skyweaver army? They're Wych/kabilite cross breeds, all with the corsair jetpack and corsair helmets. All with pistols and close combat weapon with a few special weapons like blasters and fusion guns mixed in. Have over 40 of them!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you use them in friendly games of Kill Team?

I'm halfway considering a project to create/update rules for the Eldar Corsairs in 9th edition (once I see how the Craftworlds fare, and if I don't find someone else's homegrown effort that is satisfactory).

And I'm secretly hoping that GW is going to create a full blown codex for the Eldar Corsairs. Must. Not. Allow. Myself. To. Hope. :pinch:

Such a project is already underway. User Anhrathe over on Reddit has a quite elaborate quasi-codex that's in the process to add 9th edition typical rules (i.e. Army rules like Combat Doctrines, or Necron's Command Protocols). At the moment it's basically in the 8.5 holdover phase that many other Codex books from 8th Edition are in.

You can take a look at it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1291JGGvFP0qys5jb36Ay7Fv_S54Jypw7/view

You can find Anhrathe here: reddit.com/user/Anhrathe

I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with a full skyweaver army? They're Wych/kabilite cross breeds, all with the corsair jetpack and corsair helmets. All with pistols and close combat weapon with a few special weapons like blasters and fusion guns mixed in. Have over 40 of them!!!

Maybe counts-as Harlequins? The jet-packs could be explained as visual representations of the flip belt rules, and the other corollaries are pretty obvious.

They should hopefully be covered in the Legends update, im hoping they cover a few of the other lost units from the old Corsair list there too, otherwise i suspect ill be using some harlequin rules for Void dreamers, malevolents and the like and switching their faction keywords :) 

Yup, made even less playable than last edition somehow :/ Especially bitter as the other factions are getting their rules but no models rules and corsairs cant even get a couple of paragraphs saying to reskin some appropriate characters.

Or Dark lance stats without the DE codex for some reason...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Don't suppose anyone has thought of any creative ways to use the seemingly dead corsairs?

I've considered using a unit of Corsair Reavers with Shardcarbines as the mandatory Troops selection in a Coven Patrol for Drukhari.  They are technically inferior (way inferior) to Kabalites.  But, 30 poisoned shots at 90 points isn't all bad, either.  Such a shame.  They scale like Kabalites in terms of squad size/weapon upgrades.  They are just not competitive with the 9 points per model and higher costs for Shredders, Blasters, Dark Lances and Splinter Cannons.