Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pearson's Projects - Crimson Fists Apothecary

space marines loyalists primaris dark angels Crimson Fists Emperors Children

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion

Hope everyone had a good Christmas time (or general relax if you don't celebrate it). Quick update on the Emperor's Children officer, the gold is basically done, though it went a bit grainy on the upper part of the shoulder trim. The purple is also finished, I need to wash and highlight the cape (same method as with the Crimson Fist) and then focus on the white areas and blades. C&C welcome!

med_gallery_71441_16743_13690.jpg

@Johanhgg Cheers mate, I'm really happy with the build and enjoying painting him too. I've always loved the Emperor's Children and their colours.

• Grotsmasha, Kizzdougs, BadgersinHills and 1 other like this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Lovely stuff!!

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

Well, it's been quite a while... I've finally got that Emperor's Children Captain/Champion painted up. I was pretty happy when I was done, but now the photos have left me feeling quite dissatisfied, so if anyone has any advice or criticism, please fire away!

med_gallery_71441_16743_42222.jpg

med_gallery_71441_16743_20698.jpg

med_gallery_71441_16743_43953.jpg

Also seems as if the photos are a bit grainy too...

• Spaced Hulk, Kizzdougs, Torbenos and 5 others like this

Torbenos

Torbenos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts

In general he looks good to me. Nice clean lines between the purple and the white. A good bit of colour on the cloak. Do you usually do your power weapons as metallic? Is the option for another smattering of colour there too otherwise. But really he looks good, I'd say finish the base. For me I often do not enjoy my own work until I've the base done and the rim painted. Before then it's just not a finished miniature, and then boom.

• Pearson73 likes this

gallery_48988_15808_11001.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,370 posts
  • Faction: Getting back into it
Great stuff. Love what you're doing with that child of the emperor
  • Pearson73 likes this
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

My Ultramarines Roman Style

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

@Torbenos Thanks for your thoughts! I normally go for metallic, partly because I think it's more realistic, partly because it's easier... I did try go for a more blue sheen to these, glazing and mixing it in with the silver, but I think I could have pushed that much more. Several people have mentioned the base, I think I'll feel much happier once the base is finished and not just a bright white disk... 

@space wolf Thanks! I think there will be another popping up soon, can't seem to stay away from the legion...

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

Well, following on the Emperor's Children officer, I bring you a somewhat more humble officer of the thirteenth, nothing less than an Ultramarine!

med_gallery_71441_16754_44694.jpg

med_gallery_71441_16754_60013.jpg

I think the face looks somewhat like paper-mache, but I'm quite happy with the freehand and grime, plus the plasma glow, so overall, I'd say we're on a win!  This chap is planned to be part of a diorama where he'll be joining some pals to face down some of Lorgar's dogs. Before that though, I think I'll be going back to the Emperor's Children marine to base and sharpen his highlights.

• Spaced Hulk, Torbenos, BadgersinHills and 2 others like this

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts

Great work on the Ultramarine, love the battle worn look, bracing pose and fresh blood on the chainaxe.
I don't have much criticism regarding the Emperor's Children champion, it's a solid mini with a clean paintjob. If you wanted to take it further you could bring lighter, fine highlights to the model to make the details pop and add depth to the model.

• Pearson73 likes this

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

Thanks for the kind words @Markus_ the chainsword is probably my favourite part of the model. As for the champion, I think I'm going to try highlight the gold and add some recess shading to the white panels, maybe add some blue shading too. Obviously both models need basing too.

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,370 posts
Love the weathering on the chain sword and pauldron!!! Looks great!
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

Time to keep the hobby progress going, I've knocked out an Apothecary to join the Crimson Fist Captain I painted up earlier. I've picked up the tentacle/cable tool from Greenstuffworld, so it might be time to try and make some slain xenos beasties for these two to have taken down.

med_gallery_71441_16754_32855.jpg

med_gallery_71441_16754_15570.jpg

• Spaced Hulk likes this

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,902 posts
  • Faction: Marines Malevolent
That Champion is 👌
  • Pearson73 likes this
++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,370 posts
Really like your apothecary's pose!
  • Pearson73 likes this

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,299 posts

Thanks @NomadPainting I'm really happy with the build.

@space wolf Cheers mate, he might be a healer, but he's an Astartes first and foremost, ready to take down any enemy of the Emperor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space marines, loyalists, primaris, dark angels, Crimson Fists, Emperors Children

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users