Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Building a fluffy but strong WS fifth brotherhood army?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bjornas

Bjornas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

Hello,

Long time White Scars fan + player here, played them alot in 5th and am slowly returning to 40k with 9th edition. I think I've loved them since I was introduced to them in Index Astartes in WD140.

Anyway, I bought the White Scars supplement and thought I'd try something else than what seems to be the go-to WS units - Bladeguard, assault intercessors, Kor'sarro etc. I got a strong feel for the fifth brotherhood, which focuses on Stormseers, Vanguard (assuming this means the Phobos units) and generally *hitting a target with everything at once*.

So I thought I'd base the army around two Phobos Librarians and try to utilize their powers as much as possible. One using Temporal Corridor and Tenebrous Curse, one using Blasting Gale/Ride the Winds/Storm-wreathed. I like the idea of crowd control, mass medium range shooting, before moving in and finishing them off - standard mongol procedure, if you will. I got one lib, 2x5 assault bolter intercessors and 3 outriders so far and am pretty set for 6 plasma inceptors, the rest is up for discussion.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Gordofski @ Jan 14 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (captain_shrike @ Jan 14 2009, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've just sliced my finger while scraping some flash....its pretty deep I can tell... What shall I do?

Naturally, post on an internet forum about it.

WIP White Scars, close to 750 points atm.

Famous last words: RUNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Riddlesworth

Riddlesworth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
Turn 2 reiver bomb with adaptive strategy?

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 995 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
10-man Vanguard with Jump Packs and Dual Lightning Claws. Chief Librarian with Mantle of the Stormseer, and the powers Ride the Winds, and Storm Wreathed only needing a 4 on 2d6 to cast. Master of Sanctity with Plume of the Plainstrider, and Exhortation of Rage and Mantra of Hate. Captain somewhere else on the field with Adaptive Strategy.

51 re-roll to hit, re-roll to wound attacks at str 4 + 1 to wound AP -3 d2. Turn 1 that gets you +1 Advance +3 Charge, turn two +3 advance and charge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users