Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DW: Kill Marine - Operation Deadbolt (IC Thread)

Deathwatch Kill Marine Kill-Team Lone Hero The Long Vigil Movie Marines FFG RPG In-Character Play Thread

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

When the alcove grinds open after the interminable wait, you stride out onto the deck.  It has that odd burned steak smell of steel exposed to the irradiating heat of the void.  Besides the three bikes the whole space is empty and echoing with the groan of a warship correcting trajectory from the impromptu adjustment of decompressing such a large space. The amber light has stilled and normal glowbulbs illuminate the space.

Kraevus stands close beside you, hands on hips and jerks his head at the large doors at the end of the bay.  +I am glad you took my advice.+

The three Space Marine Bikes of Outrider Two-Five sit in a line, exactly where you left them, complete with the supply palettes which were bolted to the deck.  The body of the Deckmaster still decorates his alcove, his cybernetic eyes dull and empty, staring down in mute accusation.

The heady scent of something pungent stirs and as you lift your boot a fragment of the Mjod cask lies crushed beneath it.

All hatches open, secured from emergency state.

• Steel Company likes this

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I wanted an Autocannon, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch, and ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts

Raziel looked at the Red Hunter and shrugged as he said, +I had always heard that the Wolves were sloppy, now I know by how much.+

Moving past the Red Hunter, he started to dig through the bags of the lost Wolf, looking for more drink or useful trinket.

• Mazer Rackham likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

When Kraevus replies, he cocks his head, studying you. +Obnoxious certainly, maybe even a mutant in the God-Emperor's sight.  Guard yourself, Dark Angel, the mask slips.+

He returns to his bike and makes sure all his pouches are secured, to deter pilfering.  He takes pains to secure a thick leather belt around his waist which holds his sidearm and combat knife.

The equipment is placed practically for the rider when in the saddle, in easy reach, even if a little...eccentric for you tastes.  Your rummaging in the bags and pouches of your deceased colleague avails you nothing more than is already in your own, save for a set of front and rear snow chains and a chameleoline tarpaulin.

A squad of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers enter, sweeping the zones allotted to them as they erupt from the passageway leading to the upper decks.  Out of deference to your presence and affiliation, their muzzles are careful not to flag you.  As the Inquisitor enters, he takes in the scene, his jaw working, but his features are otherwise difficult to read.

"Get that body down."

A pair of troopers fetch the corpse and dump it on the deck.  Most of the blood has either congealed in the body, or was sluiced away in the decompression.  What has splashed onto the deck has vacuum burned into the surface in dark brown stains.  Jerrill flips the body with his carapace armoured boot, to reveal a circular puncture wound at the neck.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 07 December 2020 - 09:54 PM.

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I wanted an Autocannon, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch, and ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts

Raziel takes the chains and tarpaulin as he responds to the Red Hunter, +Mask be sent to the warp. The fact is he neglected to keep his facial hair in check and couldn't get his helm on properly.+

Putting the items into his bags, he returned and took a fang that the wolf had kept near the ignition to his bike, to hang on his own. +I may not think highly of the spawn of Russ, but the fact is, he was willing to share a drink with me... so I will honor him by bringing something of his along with us.+

Taking a moment to look at what the mortals were inspecting, he chose to listen in and see what they came up with and if it was something he would be tasked with killing.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Kraevus does not respond to you, merely standing impassively, yet his crimson lenses follow your every movement.

Jerrill kneels over the corpse.  "Thin, needle like weapon.  No discolouration to the wound,no burns.  Just a knife."

He bounds up to the control pulpit, taking the skeleton steps almost two at a time.  He stands over the dock controls and stabs at the runes.  He grunts and steadily makes his way back down.  Stooping a little, he dips the tip of his small finger into the puckered opening of the wound on the dead man, drawing it out and sniffing carefully, in short snorts.  He swivels on his heel, to encompass both Astartes in his view.  He straightens and holds up his finger.

"The controls were tampered with, several sanctuary locks were released.  What do you make of this?" A small bead of viscous liquid sits on Jerrill's extended digit.

The Red Hunter barks through his vox-grille. +Inquisitor, should we not prepare for translation?  The Wolf's death is lamentable, but we remain, as does the mission...this can be dealt with later - as the Codex...+

"Yes, yes.  Where lies your voice Brother Raziel?"

Nobody moves.

The powers of Astartes are well known, and you needn't go to close to the Inquisitor, if you wish to examine the residue.   If you do, please make an Easy (+20) smell based perception test.  You will need to doff your helm for this.  Any DoS will reveal more details of the chemical composition of the substance.

Alternatively, you may follow Kraevus' lead and move to the Strategium for final preparations to make planetfall upon Tabius Rasa, leaving the Inquisition to ponder the murder and sabotage.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts

Raziel sighs to himself and reminds himself that sometimes you need to humor the humans before he removed his helm and took in a deep breath from his nose.

Spoiler

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

The scent is potent.  It contains not poison as you would expect, but some other alchemical smell.  You recognise the heritage of the liquid if not the name, it is similar to a stimulant used within your own Astartes biology, one which encourages the quickening of the muscles, not the synapses.  It would explain much - the drawn look on the face of the mortal, the reddened and bloodshot eyes.

The dose is so acrid to your senses, this amount would have overpowered the frail mortal body of the victim in the space of a heartbeat, preventing him raising the alarm as he was attacked, or even calling out in pain.  The wound is not so immediately mortal as it seems as one of Jerrill's soldiers rolls the corpse onto its side as they bag it for disposal.  The blow was struck well, the instrument must have been weaker than a combat blade, as the wound misses the heavy bones of the neck.

"There is a saboteur loose," Jerrill speaks to the Red Hunter, "and a traitor."

He gives you a brief glance, but his face is a study of concentration, not accusation. "Either way," he concludes, "we cannot deploy safely with the threat aboard."

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts

"I have little interest in striking at mortal ghosts. And that is what we have in this case." Raziel says, pausing to look around the deck as he adds, "They know shipboard operations well enough to pull off this task and to go unnoticed."

He looks to the Red Hunter as he says, "I am not accustomed to traveling in this part of space with crews of this... lineage. Perhaps you have some idea as to how such a toxin would have been able to get aboard?"

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, Kill Marine, Kill-Team, Lone Hero, The Long Vigil, Movie Marines, FFG, RPG, In-Character, Play Thread

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users