Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Building from the ground up

Necromunda Cawdor GSC Terrain

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Good evening frater who delve this far down the forum. I very rarely finish a project as I get bored quickly painting. And I love necromunda due to its crazy way you can build your board however you want basically. Anyway I’ve picked up 2 boxes of zm tiles and I bought 1 tile off my buddy today so I can have a 3x3 board. This is the start of me assembling it. A few friends from my gaming group and I are learning the ropes and starting a campaign soon and I thought I’d get cracking with the terrain today. 

So I sprayed the tiles according to forge worlds Mark Bedford and wow I’m pleased with the results. You prime black then grey then silver then white all after the other while each coat is still wet. I was very dubious at first but they look excellent and it’s going to be a shame when I dirty them up with shades and washes. Anyway here’s some picks of the tiles. I expect this will be a as and when plog because I’m not always in the mood to paint and detest it.

I plan on running either a Cawdor gang or Genestealer Cult when I eventually play.

yKz44b3h.jpg

OTpM0Wqh.jpg

all 8 tiles I have with better lighting

asDOnrwh.jpg

Edited by Axineton, 25 November 2020 - 09:11 PM.

• Noserenda, Dr_Ruminahui, Shovellovin and 2 others like this

Iron Sapper

Iron Sapper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Nice start. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

• Axineton likes this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Nice start. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Cheers mate. If I get time at the weekend I plan on adding the weathering and shades.

• Iron Sapper likes this

Iron Sapper

Iron Sapper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

I'm the same way with painting. It took me forever to get started on my tiles. The weathering stage was fun though. I was just experimenting with different things till I got a look I liked. Now I wish GW would send more tiles to the US so I can finish my board.

• Axineton likes this

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,059 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

Looking good thus far Axineton. thumbsup.gif

I plan on running either a Cawdor gang or Genestealer Cult when I eventually play.

Why not do both... combined.

An Infected Cawdor gang is ripe for conversion madness. ;)

-Ran

• Firedrake Cordova, Axineton and Iron Sapper like this

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,402 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Great work so far - I'm planning on something similar, so will be handy to compare notes!

• Axineton likes this

sml_gallery_48988_11572_15880.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Small update, nothing major. Picked up 1 more tile off my friend for £10 so I’ll prime that tomorrow the same way I primed the other 8 tiles. I also picked up some stairs and platforms, plus the mekboy workshop as I think that will look good if I get rid of the orkiness of it. I want a sort of garage theme going on so I’m going to pick up a ridgerunner and have it resting on blocks with the tyres having been stolen and it being stripped of valuable parts etc. I also picked up some armoured containers brand new on eBay very cheap and just waiting for them to be delivered. Need a shedload more scenery though I think. 

• Iron Sapper likes this

Iron Sapper

Iron Sapper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

The mekboy workshop works great and there's not much orkiness to get rid of. You could combine the workshop with the Zone Mortalis walls to make a larger garage area. I like the idea of the ridgerunner. I am now stealing that idea. biggrin.png

• Axineton likes this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Yeah gonna see what I can come up with with all the terrain. And yep steal the ridgerunner idea mate be great to see another take on it too. 

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Primed and built the containers yesterday and today I’ve been making my own agrax earthshade from winsor and Newton Matt medium, flow improver and liquitex ink raw umber. 

so here’s the grimy one: 

qeJG166h.jpg

Uh40I8Ch.jpg

And here’s the cleaner one:

bPiJpuxh.jpg

PB3sEcMh.jpg

• Ranulf, Chaeron, Dr_Ruminahui and 2 others like this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
Awesome paint jobs. I need to start using my airbrush. Did you do base blue and grey/silver over it? It’s a grey look

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Na mate I just used GW’s spray primer on them. So I sprayed black, then macragge blue, then leadbelcher then grey seer all while they were each wet. I also changed the macragge blue for death guard green and mechanicus standard grey sprays on the other two respectively. 

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

Na mate I just used GW’s spray primer on them. So I sprayed black, then macragge blue, then leadbelcher then grey seer all while they were each wet. I also changed the macragge blue for death guard green and mechanicus standard grey sprays on the other two respectively.

Oh wow. Well, it is an awesome look
  • Axineton likes this

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,402 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

The Containers are some of my favourite scenery models - yours look great! 

• Axineton likes this

sml_gallery_48988_11572_15880.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Cheers Chaeron. Another 3 have just turned up which I’m going to paint in imperial fist colours I think 

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

So I sprayed the tiles according to forge worlds Mark Bedford and wow I’m pleased with the results. You prime black then grey then silver then white all after the other while each coat is still wet. I was very dubious at first but they look excellent and it’s going to be a shame when I dirty them up with shades and washes.

Can you please go into more detail about this method? Or perhaps share a link? I like how your tiles are coming along. 

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Basically you spray each primer over the other while wet mate. 

here’s a link to where I got it from: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502113094

your looking for around either the 16 minute mark or 19 minute mark for how to do this method.

• Shovellovin likes this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

here’s a link to where I got it from: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502113094

your looking for around either the 16 minute mark or 19 minute mark for how to do this method.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Axineton likes this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

No problem. Hope to see your results once your done.

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

here’s a link to where I got it from: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502113094

thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda, Cawdor, GSC, Terrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users