Mortis

Marshal Loss

And by 10:16 it was gone...

I had trouble getting one, even though I prepared as much as I could:

• Logged in at 09:30
  • Added an item to my cart
  • Set my default shipping and payment options
  • Refreshed the New and Exclusive tab from 09:50

Even the act of adding one to my cart took an age, and the page crashed on me a few times before I could checkout and I got my confirmation email. Their webstore doesn't really handle mass traffic like this very well, and releasing multiple HH LE's on the same day as a major 40k army release feels like bad planning on GW's part.

I wonder why they don't update SoT website. The latest map is taken from book 3, though I asked them to add Saturnine map throughout the past year. Perhaps they won't show maps on the website in order to to sell those limited edition maps?

No Mortis information at all.

https://siegeofterra.com/

I legit forgot this website even existed...

For the last couple of them despite the stated 10am release time they seem to become available at 9:55am pst

aaand gone

Oh for sure. Iwas locked in at 11:50. But Marshal said hehad his at 11;30 looks like. 

For the last couple of them despite the stated 10am release time they seem to become available at 9:55am pst

aaand gone

Oh for sure. Iwas locked in at 11:50. But Marshal said hehad his at 11;30 looks like. 

The times on this site are about 30 minutes out for some reason. Your post was only 5 minutes after Marshal Loss’s. 

aaand gone

The times on this site are about 30 minutes out for some reason. Your post was only 5 minutes after Marshal Loss’s.

Huh. So they are hahah. Didn’t look at my own. My group is pretty bummed. One of the guys who has them all missed out

Got mine at 11:59 CST thanks to Vazzy. Man they sold out fast and those scalpers are already prowling EBay.

On a side note. I’d happily pay for a full size of that cover art with the Dies Irae. Some of the best art I’ve seen in a while, which is saying a lot due to my pessimism lol

Biannual post of wondering why they don’t do these made to order, signature be damned. I don’t partake in these special edition books as I have a kindle, but my heart breaks and is anxious for all of you that have to go through these shenanigans every release.

I mean they are limited because of the signature right? But I’m assuming people only really like the binding and artwork, so why can’t they do a MTO run?? Will never understand this.

Biannual post of wondering why they don’t do these made to order, signature be damned. I don’t partake in these special edition books as I have a kindle, but my heart breaks and is anxious for all of you that have to go through these shenanigans every release.

I mean they are limited because of the signature right? But I’m assuming people only really like the binding and artwork, so why can’t they do a MTO run?? Will never understand this.

They did try and do MTO ones but people still found things to complain about, mostly how much longer it took, and so it never caught on.

They did try and do MTO ones but people still found things to complain about, mostly how much longer it took, and so it never caught on.

That was quite some time ago. It would work very well for a series like this. But GWs panic buy is better for business

Got mine, excited to start discussing it as we go. Its always the highlight of nabbing a LE or new book for 40k to discuss it here as one goes!

Im also glad that to all appearances we are getting some character for the more classical legions.

Mortis always felt underserved for me and the Fire Wasps have always felt like a total non-entity save for maybe a brief moment in MoM.:sweat:

I kind of wish they'd expand their lore on the FW side to give them some offshoots like the Tempestus or the IF so that while their main body is ostensibly trapped, we could at least have seen them doing something somewhere.

Edited by StrangerOrders

I just wish they would release the regular editions side by side, i want the stories not the gaudy trappings :D Im sure there are plenty of others in a similar boat which would mean more copies for those who want the fancy versions. 

But they wont, because selling out is an absolute win for them on paper :/ 

Just put in my pre-order of the regular Hardback on Amazon and noticed the page count is 560!! Looks like this sucker is going to dwarf it's brother volumes on shelf!

They would absolutely sell out the Siege special editions if the hardback landed at the same time, though. They would also definitely sell out the Siege special editions if they made more of them, too.

It's just bad business.

BL seemed to have woken up to the fact that simply being first may not be enough of a reason to buy Ltd Editions. A certain type of collector wants the Ltd Editions but then holding off 6mths to release std HB somewhat kills the fanbase experience.

Really happy to see that Penitent std HB & Ltd Ed being released at same time. Also good that DoF series has Ltd Ed and PB at same time. Shame they didn’t apply this to SoT.

When they changed the release pattern for HH it really negatively impacted community engagement as so many ppl were committed to the MMPB.

Very much looking forward to SoT Mortis but std HB only for me!