I present for you my recently completed Heldrake, I've soent the last six months on this beast of a model, it's been thoroughly enjoyable to be fair, I hope you'll think that I've done it justice.

I made some slight alterations to the 'drake adding some Maulerfiend tentacles to bulk out the tail, and reposing the rear legs to mount it on the column crowing over the charred remains of its latest victim.

It's taken approximately six months start to finish although there was a marked drop off in work rate in late summer due to heat and the truncated cricket season.

This is also the first thing I've finished with Artis Opus brushes and I'd say they are easily thre best I've used so far, will be looking to pick up some more of those. I did use thier drybrush method at times, although using makeup brushes, which worked well, I'll be looking into how i can incorporate more of tht into future projects.

Anyway, enough words, let's have some pictures!

gallery_62155_11151_759836.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_131415.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_111635.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_673084.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_373681.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_736096.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_480580.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_23793.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_207032.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_160201.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_691869.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think!

MaliGn, that is a thing of beauty - I love the slight reposing and additions, and your color work on it is smashing!

If you have the inclination (and account), I would definitely tag the photos of your work with the @WarhammerOfficial and #PaintingWarhammer on ainstagram - your Heldrake is so very worthy of being on the hobby depiction stuff on their Twitch stream and on the GW website. It's definitely up there with the Black Legion and Night Lords depicted on the official unit sales page.

MaliGn, that is a thing of beauty - I love the slight reposing and additions, and your color work on it is smashing!

If you have the inclination (and account), I would definitely tag the photos of your work with the @WarhammerOfficial and #PaintingWarhammer on ainstagram - your Heldrake is so very worthy of being on the hobby depiction stuff on their Twitch stream and on the GW website. It's definitely up there with the Black Legion and Night Lords depicted on the official unit sales page.

That's very kind of you to say so, it is already posted on insta (@welshmalign) we shall see whether it attracts the attention you say it merits. They did feature a very cool Iron Warriors Heldrake last week so we'll see if they are up for a Word Bearers one as well! That said I'm not sure how keen they are on customised stuff these days.

Really nice work, particularly on the flame effects and the metal trim.

Thanks, I thought the flames would bring something a little different.