After it has been revealed from N&R that Anuj will be leaving to do new things, I decided it would be valuable to catalog and assess the state of the game and our current observations, and what they might mean going forward.
This is the original thread for reference: http://www.bolterand...om-forge-world/
Personally, I do not think that this is the end of the game or anything, but it does bring up what we see going on around and any speculation on what it means.
So at the end of 2020, the current observations I have are:
- Personnel changes
- Branding has been altered on their social media
- Branding is altered on recent black book publications, notably the removal of the Games Workshop logo from the spine. This has happened on both softback (Book V) and hardback (Book IX)
- Extremely reduced release schedule for 2020, even considering current circumstances (66-75% reduction as compared to 2019)
- Recent kits have been extremely successful (DA kits, Sabre tank, etc.)
- Larger marketing campaign for Book IX, used to screen for light schedule
- Unusually high release schedule for other Specialist Games
- Book IX was unusually light in page count, reduced content from original plan
- Some of the newest announced miniatures backtrack a bit (Saul Tarvitz, Word Bearers Praetors)
- Another historic game announced - The Old World
So that is what I have observed so far. There are a lot of odd things occurring, so I think it was worth cataloging them and what we think they might mean. But I remember hearing that we would be seeing some changes coming from the reorganization, and they are starting to show up I think. I do not think these are a negative, but will leave the floor open to start with.