Tabletop Titans, the perfect Terrain setup.

Reskin

This is another channel I follow regularly, although my favourite is the Brits, these guys posted an excellent video on terrain and how they go through setting up the best table possible to play on that creates a fair and exciting match.

Here's the link. It's a great video and I'm posting it here for my GK bro's who really need help protecting their troops and getting the best possible fair game of 40k in! This has helped me and my gaming group greatly and creates a fairer matchup and fun for both people.

As always, take it with a grain of salt and do what you want, but it's well worth checking out.

Tabletop Titans has actually edged out to be my go to Bat-Rep channel this year (Tabletop Tactics coming in second now).

Interestingly, they mentioned if you find yourself always dreading going second in your games, it has more to do with your terrain than who actually has better/worse army rules. 

Aim to achieve enough correctly positioned terrain so that at 80% of a 2K army is STILL hidden in Turn 1, after the first turn player has moved. Ideally it should be closer to 100% of the army being hidden, unless it is a super fast army like Harlequins where then 80% of your army should remain hidden. 

I can't wait when Brian finishes the studio's own dedicated GK army in a month or two!

I find them a little dry and bland to watch. But their skills and content is still quality. Still better then most of the scrubs our there though.

SN studios or productions I cant remember the channel, I think they're Scotts? There's a stocky little guy there who play Crimson fists, they aren't bad either.

But yes, the point about first turn 80% of your terrain should protect your army is indeed a great benefit, It ensures that games actually last longer than the 2nd turn. Unless you make severe mistakes and are completely out skills, terrain helps balance the army deficit. I see a lot of casual bat rep channels just do it completely wrong. Even myself, as my gaming group is trying to adjust to the new way of things. But its also paying off tremendously 

• 3 weeks later...

SN studios or productions I cant remember the channel, I think they're Scotts? There's a stocky little guy there who play Crimson fists, they aren't bad either.

SN Battle Reports. They're from Gibraltar although I think there is a Scot who features regularly.