Thousand Sons jump terminator bully list.

CajunJynx

With Raptura cult the assault squad becomes 3+/4++ in combat, with Magnus in the list all units can take psycher powers outside their cult. Roll biomancy on everything but the snipers. The preator is a disgusting flying fire drake (2+/3++) with seven attacks on the charge before psychic buffs.

Amon takes a squad of sehkmet and infiltrates, the Damocles sticks to cover and rushes to drop Magnus someplace fun. The assault guys do their thing. Snipers take out apothecaries and sergeants.

I built this list to bully predatory experienced players that go after less talented ones for easy wins.

Thoughts?

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Damocles Command Rhino [110pts]: Dozer Blade, Extra Armour

Magistus Amon [170pts]

Praetor, Legion [315pts]: Arcane Litanies, Artificer Armour, Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis), Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Power Fist, 3x Psychic Mastery Level

. Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Volkite Charger

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [70pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Armour, Power Sword

Techmarine Covenant [35pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Techmarine, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Axe, Servo-arm

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion (Compulsory) [316pts]: 10x Assault Space Marines, Legion, Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Axe

. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. Standard Wargear

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [315pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Sekhmet Inceptor: Force Axe

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Chainfist

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Power Fist

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Force Sword

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [315pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Sekhmet Inceptor: Force Axe

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Power Fist

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour

+ Fast Attack +

Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal [225pts]: 8x Ammitara Intercessor, Cult Arcana: Corvidae (Divination), 9x Sniper Rifle

. Ammitara Fate: Nuncio-vox

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [66pts]

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Heavy Bolter, Searchlight, Twin-linked Lascannon

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [66pts]

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Heavy Bolter, Searchlight, Twin-linked Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Battle Tank [210pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Heavy Bolter, Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Bolter

Whirlwind Scorpius, Legion [115pts]

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XV: Thousand Sons, Traitor

Rite of War: The Guard of the Crimson King

+ Lords of War +

Magnus The Red [670pts]: The Unrestrained Might of the Crimson King

. Primarch: Warlord

++ Total: [2,998pts] ++

Just to clarify; you designed the list to stomp on other players, because they were stomping on new players?

I can't help but think that if you have players in your local gaming group who are intentionally writing highly competitive lists so they can bully inexperienced players, you'd be better off addressing the issue which is potentially putting off new players?

Just to clarify; you designed the list to stomp on other players, because they were stomping on new players?

I can't help but think that if you have players in your local gaming group who are intentionally writing highly competitive lists so they can bully inexperienced players, you'd be better off addressing the issue which is potentially putting off new players?

Your opinions on my meta and how we handle things are only as relevant as your presence in the meta. You aren’t a part of our meta, so you opinion to that regard is irrelevant.

I asked for thoughts on the list. This is not that.

I'll be honest, 4++ assault squad is pretty cute indeed but I feel as if we might be overestimating their power. Sure, excellent defences in combat. But they are not your melee elite, they are merely Terminator cosplayers. They don't have 2A, nor 2+ save, nor power weapons or better. So, one their own, offensive wise, it's nothing to write home about. And yet their cost around 30 pts per model and have their own Apoc.

I struggle to find a good target for this squad. Sure, they are primarily bodyguards but still. Their powerful inv suggests that they want to tussle with the big boys but they can barely hurt those aside from praetor and the axemen. And getting drowned in tacticals or assault squad is also not ideal, as those units don't care about your shields anyway and are cheaper. So you need to pick your target carefully. This unit is kinda like an eerie Locutarus strike squad from the XIIIth that acts similiarly but has more problems to pick good targets.

And they are pretty much the only 3+ save unit in your army and unlike Ammitara are probably easily targeted, read: that's the only thing you can reliably-ish kill with bolters, volkites, quad launchers, random heavy bolters etc. What better target do such weapons have, 2w Sekhmets? For all I care they can have 3++, they will still die to random fire that doesn't have any better target. And you don't really need melta bombs and shield if your job is to die. And then your praetor is stranded...

I'd argue that it's better to keep them simple and cheap. Take 20, drop bombs and shields. Maybe even apothecary, as ideally you would like to have Endurance casted anyway. Without FnP sure, youll suffer an extra casualty here and there. And then still will enter combat with 10-15 guys, not just a few. And losing FnP on Praetor ain't ideal but he got good defences and should he die it's likely to ID anyway...Extra axes are also valuabe tool that might just make a difference vs termis or other elites.

I don't see a good enough reason to take javelins with H-bolters; las implies to me that multi melta and/or HKMs are in order. Is it so only due to lack of points?

And I'd say I don't see nearly enough Sekhmets! Only 12?! What is this, a friendly game for newcomers or vigilante crusade against bullies?! okay, maybe disregard this advice

Your opinions on my meta and how we handle things are only as relevant as your presence in the meta. You aren’t a part of our meta, so you opinion to that regard is irrelevant.

I asked for thoughts on the list. This is not that.

My comments were trying to help steer people away from 'bullying' as I don't think it's a great direction for tabletop gaming.

Anyway, here is my feedback on your list:

- I'm not sure that Magnus is that great after the FAQ, he is very expensive and may struggle to get his points back

- I would drop the assault squad for another sekhmet unit

- if you can find room for some achea castellax, they are well worth the points (maybe swap the sicaran & scorpius)

- I would probably swap the damocles, amon and techmarine for another unit of sekhmet. I don't think the damocles and Amon give much more to your list and the sekhment are scoring, plus more of a threat

- I personally prefer missile launchers on javelins as the extra shot, even though it's lower strength, tends to make it better against many targets

good luck!

Edited by Varyn

I'll be honest, 4++ assault squad is pretty cute indeed but I feel as if we might be overestimating their power. Sure, excellent defences in combat. But they are not your melee elite, they are merely Terminator cosplayers. They don't have 2A, nor 2+ save, nor power weapons or better. So, one their own, offensive wise, it's nothing to write home about. And yet their cost around 30 pts per model and have their own Apoc.

I struggle to find a good target for this squad. Sure, they are primarily bodyguards but still. Their powerful inv suggests that they want to tussle with the big boys but they can barely hurt those aside from praetor and the axemen. And getting drowned in tacticals or assault squad is also not ideal, as those units don't care about your shields anyway and are cheaper. So you need to pick your target carefully. This unit is kinda like an eerie Locutarus strike squad from the XIIIth that acts similiarly but has more problems to pick good targets.

And they are pretty much the only 3+ save unit in your army and unlike Ammitara are probably easily targeted, read: that's the only thing you can reliably-ish kill with bolters, volkites, quad launchers, random heavy bolters etc. What better target do such weapons have, 2w Sekhmets? For all I care they can have 3++, they will still die to random fire that doesn't have any better target. And you don't really need melta bombs and shield if your job is to die. And then your praetor is stranded...

I'd argue that it's better to keep them simple and cheap. Take 20, drop bombs and shields. Maybe even apothecary, as ideally you would like to have Endurance casted anyway. Without FnP sure, youll suffer an extra casualty here and there. And then still will enter combat with 10-15 guys, not just a few. And losing FnP on Praetor ain't ideal but he got good defences and should he die it's likely to ID anyway...Extra axes are also valuabe tool that might just make a difference vs termis or other elites.

I don't see a good enough reason to take javelins with H-bolters; las implies to me that multi melta and/or HKMs are in order. Is it so only due to lack of points?

And I'd say I don't see nearly enough Sekhmets! Only 12?! What is this, a friendly game for newcomers or vigilante crusade against bullies?! okay, maybe disregard this advice

The assault squad is literally built around hunting Curze and the raptor bodyguard he runs with, the thing is, without bombs, the army as a whole loses a lot of AV potential. This list is unique in my meta because it doesn’t contain at least one Spartan, so being able to jump out from behind cover, open a can, then survive the terminator counter charge is important. I originally had fifteen dudes in this squad. You are correct that they are basically extra axes and ablative wounds to get the absolute monstrosity of a preator into combat.

I don’t find multi meltas to be worth it on javelins, as I can zip them around and take shots with las while out ranging most return fire, with multi meltas it would just be wasted points for the way I use them as a ranged harassing unit.

The problem with more sehkmet is that the list becomes even slower, as after the deep strike my opponent can just run away.

The purpose of this entire list is target saturation and the ability to hit threats anywhere on the table relatively quickly.

The assault squad is literally built around hunting Curze and the raptor bodyguard he runs with, the thing is, without bombs, the army as a whole loses a lot of AV potential.

those have to be the most bold (and perhaps so foolish to quote the great Indrick Boreale himself :D) astartes ever! Good luck anyway, but I wouldn't bet on assault marines and praetor against curze and raptors... even unarmed raptor will deal on the charge 3x times as much pain to you, as your base assault guy would to him. I don't say it to brag about raptors, they are just quite deadly and will likely tear your squad anyway, so what I'd do is to make sure at least you kill them back, and it's easier to do with more dudes, more axes  or swords, especially considering you want to not get outnumbered - without talent for murder they would be severly weakened.

Look, you do you, but I don't believe your squad can do it all, destroy some vehicles, hunt curze of all people with his bunch of psychos... maybe it will work just fine but i have serious doubtss.  If I were to play against this army, I'd likely get wiped rather quick but am confident assault squad will bite the dust soon enough.