Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Premium (Hachette)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

So I was just on the hatchette uk site trying to find conquest magazine and and I could only find the AOS magazine and this came up

no picture just a title: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Issue 1. I’ve highlighted it in red. Not seen anything online about this so if it’s old news please delete or lock mods. 

Edited the title of the original thread as it looks like it’s a genuine thing.

Pic for proof:

daZjTjph.jpg

Here’s the link to the page once you click on the option to view: https://hachettepart...erium/l1tgy001/

be aware it’s just a blank page that’s it. 

Edited by Axineton, 21 January 2021 - 05:08 PM.

• Noserenda, N1SB and Halandaar like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
Interesting, certainly suggests a new collection and I wouldn't at all be surprised, given that Conquest was reputedly Hachettes most successful partwork ever.

I suppose the question is, will it be similar to Conquest and Mortal Realms (i.e model focussed), or another angle like the earlier Black Library novel collection, and if it is model focussed, what would they put in it?
  • pawl likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,146 posts

I'd assume it's a replacement for the previous series - just with the Indomitus / 9E ETBs as opposed to Dark Imperium / 8E ETBs. Everything I've heard about the Age of Sigmar partworks has indicated it was just as successful as the last 40k one.

• Karhedron likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,545 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Would definitely be on board for more Conquest :) Though hopefully less dud issues in the middle this time!

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Not more books please, I've got 100 and its longer than four billies side by side. It definitely sounds like a model kind of thing with the title but there aren't enough 9E ETB Space marine models to run the same sized subscription, hopefully it's two different Imperium factions this time or maybe all of them :D.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,315 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

This might be interesting...if it's necrons and marines I just might consider it, and then part out to others what I don't want/need.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

So it’s definitely new then? I wonder when an announcement will be made? 

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,880 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Never if you're in the United States msn-wink.gif

Easy answer for us.

Fun aside, I'd like to see it include SoB, since they had them as one of the main focuses at the launch of 9E.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 17 December 2020 - 08:08 PM.

• Axineton and Vesalius like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,640 posts
Definitely interested in this one. I regretted not getting more issues of Conquest when I had the chance so I might take a punt and subscribe to this one. I am sure that any surplus models can be offloaded in the (Chapter) approved manner. msn-wink.gif
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
Hmm, first issue £2.99, then the rest will be £7.99 a week if its following the Conquest/Mortal Realms model. But will it be miniatures, or books? I'd like to see a new collection using the new Marines & Necrons, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is another novel collection (the name suggests to me that it's about the setting rather than the game).
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

On the one hand, the chance of another partwork of the same value as Conquest is super-tempting... On the other hand, Hachette's customer service is so utterly terrible that I really am not keen on doing business with them again.

• Leonaides, aa.logan, mrausten and 1 other like this

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,545 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

On the one hand, the chance of another partwork of the same value as Conquest is super-tempting... On the other hand, Hachette's customer service is so utterly terrible that I really am not keen on doing business with them again.

Urgh so much this too though :D 

I think there is plenty of fodder to fill the issues, all the launch ETB stuff for Marines and Necrons plus the Vanguard stuff, plus all the vehicles and sundry bits the Primaris have picked up recently. Plus tbh you can still chuck in Dark Imperium bits if the last one had the ancient and dire marine bikes in it ;) 

The Necrons might run out earlier but tbh they arent short on plastics either.

• RWJP likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,215 posts

If it is a new run i think I'll just cherry pick like I did last time, made some seriously nice savings and didn't end up with a ton of stuff I never wanted.

• Black Blow Fly, Axineton and SufficientAnonymity like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts
Fantastic deal if you pick and choose individual issues, offers some ludicrous savings. Wouldn’t mind picking up a few necrons and if they do some of the Indomitus heroes it’ll inevitably be considerably more affordable than any eventual GW-proper release.

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

I subscribed to Conquest, immediately canceled it after the first shipment and then used my Hachette account to order individual issues.

I've saved quite a bit of money getting some characters and models I cared about. 
If they run another series like Conquest with the Indomitus stuff, I'll do the same. Hopefully my Hachette account still works :D

• G8Keeper likes this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

I think people are jumping the gun saying necrons and stuff we’ve no idea what this is gonna be yet. I do hope it’s more models. I don’t really fancy books.

Don't want the 40K news sites starting to do stories about this and then get it all wrong now do we. 

Edited by Axineton, 17 December 2020 - 10:14 PM.

• Karhedron likes this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts
I didn’t get any of the conquest series so can someone who did help me out? Did you know in advance what would be in the series? Like when you subscribed, did you know what models etc the series would yield or was it more of a gamble?

There were some amazing savings in conquest from what I gather but I’m reluctant to subscribe to a new one in the hope it will mirror those kind of savings.
  • Axineton likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

I didn’t get any of the conquest series so can someone who did help me out? Did you know in advance what would be in the series? Like when you subscribed, did you know what models etc the series would yield or was it more of a gamble?

There were some amazing savings in conquest from what I gather but I’m reluctant to subscribe to a new one in the hope it will mirror those kind of savings.

They (hatchette) laid out a massive picture of what was going to be included in the magazines. Then I think it was a Spanish website advertised each individual one with what that mag was going to come with. Plus on the back of the magazine it told you what you’d get in the next two mags. 

you can always just buy individual magazines if this turns out to be to your liking mate. Either from hatchettes site or forbidden planet if your in the UK. 

Edited by Axineton, 17 December 2020 - 10:17 PM.

• MARK0SIAN likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Broadly speaking, yes. There was a big image released on the website of both Conquest and Mortal Realms at the outset which showed every miniature included. They took a bit of deciphering because neither was particularly clear and all the models were unpainted, but it was possible to get a fairly accurate idea of what you were getting. The only thing you don't really know about too far in advance is the paints and other bits and bobs like brushes.

Edited by Halandaar, 17 December 2020 - 10:18 PM.

• Axineton and MARK0SIAN like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Yeah, there was a complete list of the issues with date and content so you'd know in advance what to get.

Some of my friends got the issues they wanted at the local newspaper stand/store so they'd drop there a week in advance asking them to order the next number.

This was the list of the issues in Italy:

Spoiler

• Axineton and MARK0SIAN like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,897 posts
Thanks all, it sounds like I shall be well informed on whether it’s worth taking the plunge or whether it’s better to just get the individual ones :)

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
Any chance the US will ever get these?

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts
I wonder could this new cryptek be some sort of exclusive associated with a new Partworks series? The AoS version had an exclusive stormcast wizard and it might account for it not appearing in the codex and earlier material.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,452 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

One word... Australia.... dry.png  I'll never see this...  ( I'm actually surprised we were even allowed to get the App tongue.png )

Darn good luck to those in the UK that get to buy it though thumbsup.gif

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

One word... Australia.... dry.png  I'll never see this...  ( I'm actually surprised we were even allowed to get the App tongue.png )

Darn good luck to those in the UK that get to buy it though thumbsup.gif

Mithril

Well Australia did get Conquest: https://www.warhamme...g-to-australia/ So if this is actually a new series, it's likely you'll get this one too.

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users